Orange ICS Update

Guest Doogie Howser

yeah but is the zip if not correct (I mean getting it form wireshark we can't be sure). We are gonna brick our device as the only thing that will be on /sdcard will be that update.zip and we won't be able to go back to xolo ics unless recovery can mount usb storage (does it?)

Edited by ayziaa

When it is downloaded we simply read the build.prop to know if it is 100% the orange ICS, but the size looks right, I am sure someone on here said it was around the 270mb size.

I am nearly downloaded now.....

Edited by Guest

Guest DumonKri

yeah but is the zip if not correct (I mean getting it form wireshark we can't be sure). We are gonna brick our device as the only thing that will be on /sdcard will be that update.zip and we won't be able to go back to xolo ics unless recovery can mount usb storage (does it?)

Yeah i can't guarantee it will work obviously, but hopefully someone can go through the files to make sure everything that needs to be is there.

OK looking at the apps it is certainly orange ics.

Faceunlock shows it is ics,

Intel camera shows obviously intel,

and orange apps shows it is orange.

Any way I can confirm it is orange ics ?

Edited by Guest

Is the orange rom rootable ?

If it is I will try flash it over xolo ics.

@rickywyatt, any way I can make certain it is orange ics.

Fastboot and recovery are seperate so I am thinking it must be, same as xolo update

post-796032-0-72459400-1350134411_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Moving to device, I am going in :)

From update script: "intel/AZ210A/AZ210A:2.3.7/AZ210A_GB_01.01I/eng.svnadmin.20120503.143655:user/release-keys"

2.3.7 ?

Edited by Guest

I think you going to have to flash the recovery.img to get it to flash

Can you remind me how I do that lol

Through fastboot ?

So take the recovery.img from orange update and fastboot -i 0x8087 flash recovery recovery.img

Edited by Guest

So at the droidbot I do this, I thought I need to go into bootloader for fastboot ?

OK I put the recovery in my fastboot folder and done the command, but I think my fastboot is rusty so I done something wrong lol

post-796032-0-85834900-1350136615_thumb.

Edited by Guest