• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Orange ICS Update

533 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I nerd someone before thay update to ics to adb pull data/fota and upload the .prop file

Posted · Report post

Do i need anything specific installed from the SDK manager?

Posted · Report post

na you can just install the drivers and then us the rooter inside it you will see adb open cmd and cd to the rooter then type adb shell it should say $

Posted · Report post

Ok well i've tried everything i can think of when it comes to getting to show up. If anyone has any new ideas i will try them later when i get back from the gym.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ok well i've tried everything i can think of when it comes to getting to show up. If anyone has any new ideas i will try them later when i get back from the gym.

I have adb now. Are you using a your usual adb setup or the adb form the root san diego folder ? I switched to root san diego folder and adb works now.

post-796032-0-93319200-1349961954.png

Edited by jikobutsu

I have adb now. Are you using a your usual adb setup or the adb form the root san diego folder ? I switched to root san diego folder and adb works now.

well done! Maybe the adb files you were using wasn't up to date, do you use android sdk files? If yes you should try to update you sdk

Edited by ayziaa

Posted · Report post

well done! Maybe the adb files you were using wasn't up to date, do you use android sdk files? If yes you should try to update you sdk

But the adb works on zte skate tested this morning,if adb outdated, surely adb would not work for other device too

Posted · Report post

ok

Sorry i don't understand what you mean by root San Diego folder.

I may have been a moron all this time, give me 10mins :)

Edited by DumonKri

Posted · Report post

go here

download it and move to c:// then cd to that folder with cmd

then type

adb pull data/fota

Posted · Report post

Did you root your device ? If so, that folder contains adb, and works. Dont know why the usual adb setup does not work, well for me it does not work. So just change your path in cmd to the root san diego folder.

Posted · Report post

Finally got ics OTA on my orange san diego!!!

Posted · Report post

I haven't rooted my device would this matter? I have used the adb in the root folder and it still doesn't see it

Posted · Report post

not if your on gingerbread

Posted · Report post

Ah well this sucks.

Posted · Report post

you have enabled the development option ain't you

you have enabled the development option ain't you

you mean debugging? if so yes i have.

Update: got it, i had to kill the previous adb process :)

Pulled what you asked ricky, need anything else?

Edited by DumonKri

Why orange cant be normal like everyone else and upload the update zip, *****self edit***** calm down jiko, just because they remind you of annoying orange on youtube....deep breaths

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted · Report post

So are we nearly there yet...?

Here's a link to the file. I won't update till i know we have everything we need.

https://www.dropbox....y/ipth-muc.prop

Can i ask, why is this file important?

Edited by DumonKri

Posted · Report post

you done good m8 ;) now download the update and be for you flash do the same but this time upload the zip file

Ok ;) It maybe a little while as my speeds aren't fantastic at this time of day.

It's ironic, i'm doing this for a phone i can't even use! Oh how i wish there was an unlock for it.

Edited by DumonKri

Early days, not long ago we all thought root was never going to happen, so sim unlock will come sooner or later.

And even if it does not, there is the three month unlock with orange ;)

I know how you feel though, I am dying to throw my giffgaff sim in here, I have even cut it to size :lol:

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted · Report post

Haha! Same here!

All of orange's payg deals are horrible in comparison. I don't know if i could do it for 3 months :wacko:

I am scared to turn 3g on right now in case it runs out after checking a few emails lol, it really is the worst network by a mile.

Which is why I only use 3g when I have no option to use wifi, which luckily just about everywhere I go I have access to wifi.

Edited by jikobutsu