Followers 0
Chrispynutt

OTA Update

18 posts in this topic

Anyone else get the OTA update today?

Any idea what it fixed?

Anyone else get the OTA update today?

Any idea what it fixed?

Which firmware have you? EMEA or EMEA_FR?

I got the OTA update, but don't want to make my acer liquid incomplete by getting out the SD-card, so I can't update until i have bought a new SD-card for my CloudMobile

Update link : wrong link

No changelog provided.

@Chrispynutt : Could you give me your current FLEX version ? (you can find it in parameters -> about phone)

Edited by vache

I updated, havent found anything changed yet. Maybe just bugfixes and battery improvements

i found something the update added: systemsettings > Energysaving. There is a new option Automatically disable, before you could only chose this option when the dialog appeared that said the battery was below 30%.

Don't know what else the update brought with itself (yet)

OT: hold down the power button to choose take screenshot from the popup menu.

something else i just noted: the dashed line between notifications doesn't show up on the notification on the bottom. This looked ugly before, glad they fixed that:)

hi guys, does the OTA update is available only for certain countries? Got 1.022.00_EMEA_ORGROD (Orange Romania) and was thinking about UK image (I noticed on Acer website that there is an update for UK).

thanks

im from the netherlands, still got it;) but don't know exactly how these OTA's work...

How can i update to latest firmweare release?can i flash via fastboot...adb or something like this?or i must wait for the release to be receved OTA?i have this image right now 1.022.00_EMEA_ORGROD(Orange Romania) .i have downloaded the OS_Acer_Acer.AV043.S500.RV16RC01.WW.GE_A40I_A from acer website....but it`s a installer for Windows!After installing this software,connect the phone and get an error that says that the image doesn`t match with the image currently installed on my phone?the question is...how can i update my phone beside that error?

can someone who`s getting the OTA update please upload here a copy of the build.prop located in system/app?i think the update depends of the build.prop

How can i update to latest firmweare release?can i flash via fastboot...adb or something like this?or i must wait for the release to be receved OTA?i have this image right now 1.022.00_EMEA_ORGROD(Orange Romania) .i have downloaded the OS_Acer_Acer.AV043.S500.RV16RC01.WW.GE_A40I_A from acer website....but it`s a installer for Windows!After installing this software,connect the phone and get an error that says that the image doesn`t match with the image currently installed on my phone?the question is...how can i update my phone beside that error?

Hi peepz. I have one question...Anyone managed to update the WW_GEN1 over the EMEA_ORGROD FW? On Acer official download section I saw that you can`t change the SKU

※OS upgrade cannot do *SKU conversion* and downgrade version.

Wrong SKU may cause update failure, You can only update your Image version on the Same SKU

This cames as a simple question as I know that could happen if anyone tryied and manage to make it work...

1.022.00_EMEA_ORGROD is newer than 1.044_WW_GEN1 or 1.044_EMEA_FR, no need to flash this.

ORGROD Build Date : Fri Sep 28 11:13:34 CST 2012

WW_GEN1 Build Date : Tue Sep 11 18:58:41 CST 2012

Also remember that Acer have really closed the device, so even a little fantasy can brick it.

We can't do all the things we did with previous Acer phone. At least for now.

Edited by vache

1.022.00_EMEA_ORGROD is newer than 1.044_WW_GEN1 or 1.044_EMEA_FR, no need to flash this.

ORGROD Build Date : Fri Sep 28 11:13:34 CST 2012

WW_GEN1 Build Date : Tue Sep 11 18:58:41 CST 2012

Also remember that Acer have really closed the device, so even a little fantasy can brick it.

We can't do all the things we did with previous Acer phone. At least for now.

Thanx for answers vache. I will wait then for next step from Acer then (unlock bl - hopefully,or an update)