MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

Note 2 Multi Window Tool

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

READ ALL OF THIS POST CAREFULLY!

Multi Window on the Note 2 is kinda cool, but it only works with limited apps, which kinda sucks. There are 2 solutions to this - the first is to wait for developers to add support (perhaps using my guide), the second is to edit one of the framework APKs to enable other apps. The second is the most useful, but perhaps a little complex for most people.

So here's a tool to help. :)

This tool takes a list of apps and creates you an update zip (for flashing via clockworkmod) with a modified framework APK that enables your chosen apps for multi window support.

Important points to note...

• This tool is ONLY tested on the LJ1 release, additional options are added via user requests. I STRONGLY recommend you don't use the resulting zip on a ROM version other than that for which it's intended.
  • Backup before flashing the update zip. No really! Or at LEAST backup the framework-res.apk.
  • If you don't want to use clockworkmod you can extract the framework-res.apk and push it via ADB. Make sure to set the permissions to 0644 or your device won't boot.
  • Be very careful to ensure that your entries in the tool are correctly formed or again you could end up with a non-booting device.
  • Use this tool at your own risk!

Got that? OK, let me tell you how to compile the list in the tool.

Simply, you need to enter <item> </item> tags with the 'package names' of your chosen apps in the textbox. Package names are best found on the web Play Store by looking at the URL. Here's some examples for you.

Plume on the web Play Store is at play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.levelup.touiteur - therefore the package name is com.levelup.touiteur and you should use the entry <item>com.levelup.touiteur</item>.

TVCatchup on the web Play Store is at play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gzero.tv - therefore the package name is com.gzero.tv and you should use the entry <item>com.gzero.tv</item>.

Simple eh? Just put in the ones you need, hit the button and download your update zip.

One final thing... this service is provided free. If you want to support my work, help provide the server environment for things like this to run on and get cool access to all the other MoDaCo stuff now and going forward, please consider signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus subscription. Thanks for your support. :)

Note 2 Multi Window Tool

http://nigella.modaco.com/note2mw.php' method='post'>

LJ1

LJ3

Posted · Report post

Thank you very much paul sir..

Was waiting for u to show up here..

Thank you for support and hope you keep doing dev for us..

Waiting for mcr also..

Thank you..

Posted · Report post

I think so. I'll create a LJ3 version.

P

Posted · Report post

Just super !!! :) This is a godsend tool !

Posted (edited) · Report post

yeh,so far best mod for galaxy note 2 :) really impressive. Btw i need also to put packages names which are already integrated? like stock browser,maps?

edit: found answer

Edited by edgabimbam

Posted · Report post

LJ3 support added.

P

Posted · Report post

I'm a bit short of time, but I will add an option where you can upload your framework-res.apk for patching to avoid version issues.

P

Posted · Report post

First, thanks for this tool - I made my own framework-res file before you published this, but I was too lazy to do it again for apps I forgot - so this is awesome even for people who know how to do it.

I found a bug in your Update cwm.

You assume busybox in the updater-script. Also you assume the path /sbin/busybox.

I have no busybox installed, So flashing the zip didn't change anything.

I went to playstore to get busybox, both I tried use /system/bin or xbin as default install dir.

You can write your updater-script so it doesn't need busybox at all.

Posted · Report post

You don't need busybox installed in your system, it's calling it from /sbin when in the recovery image.

P

Posted · Report post

Then for some reason which I don't know yet flashing the zip file didn't add the apps I was expecting to see to the multi.... - *Stopped writing in the middle* - *Checking Edit menu... Found apps...*

Well. Can we turn time back a few minutes? to the moment before I proved myself as a complete idiot?

Posted (edited) · Report post

I got a feature request :)

I don't want chaton and email to be in the list at all.

Can you allow adding "-" or "!" at index 0 of each line to tell you script to remove those from arrays.xml?

Not very important but useful :)

for example :

!<item>com.android.mms</item>

<item>com.sec.android.gallery3d</item>

!<item>com.sec.android.app.snotebook</item>

<item>com.google.android.apps.maps</item>

!<item>com.google.android.maps</item>

<item>com.google.android.gm</item>

!<item>com.google.android.talk</item>

<item>com.google.android.youtube</item>

<item>com.google.android.gsf.login</item>

Edited by eitama

Posted · Report post

I could just make it start with an empty list and you have to add everything you want?

P

Posted · Report post

I could just make it start with an empty list and you have to add everything you want?

P

That's fine with me but in that case please edit the OP to reflect the defaults apps because people will not know they need to add them, they will generate CWM with apps they added

and then they will find out the old apps are gone :)

Posted · Report post

Paul, would this method be possible for the note 10.1 tab?

Posted · Report post

I don't have one so I don't know, sorry... are the framework edits the same do you know?

P

Posted · Report post

Hi Paul, I´ve sent you a twitter request for the Note 10.1 yesterday.

I´ve looked in the framework-res.apk and couldn´t find any list with the "item"´s in the xml´s.

I´ve looked also in the framework-res.apk of the jellybean-leak an there´s the same.

Do you have an idea?

Thanks.

Posted · Report post

how if i want to add 2 or 3 apps ? flash 2 or 3 times or...just add another row of <item>xxxx</item> ?

Posted · Report post

@ crazyissac

You must add another rows like you wrote it already.

Posted · Report post

@ Bluefox

Thanks mate

so later let's say if i want to remove all , how ?

Posted · Report post

At the moment you could only go back to stock apps (delete the line <item>put.packagename.here</item> in the text box), I think. But it´s already mentioned above, look at post #12 and #13.

Posted · Report post

I don't have one so I don't know, sorry... are the framework edits the same do you know?

P

honestly i have no idea. is there anyway i could email or pm you the framework-res from the 10.1 for you to look at at when you have time ?

Posted · Report post

tried my luck on my LIJ...didn't work lol

Posted · Report post

can you help me find google music name?