[ROM] ZTE GRAND X UK STOCK & ROOTED & SIGNED V3 + OTA [UPDATED 10-27]

Guest bartasrex

Guest meanhornet

Yesterday we, here in Serbia received an OTA update, but I was unable to install it because of SHA-1 checksum mismatches from curent and what OTA expected to find, because apparently UK and Seribian software has diferencess. From what I saw OTA has some updates related to touchscreen,gps, audio and all system apps also including framework. It's nt big in size just 3.5Mb. So ill link it here, maybe someone will have use of it. Also it came to my knowledge tha another one is coming in next few days. Maybe it's a preparation for JB.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q2r4lr

Guest bartasrex

do you have mayby a backup form your original rom? pulled from system by adb or backed up from cwm? we can than easy make an flashable zip with your stock rom and than you should apply the update

edit: did you managed to download the update via the updater app from phone or you downloaded it from internet?

Edited by bartasrex

Guest bartasrex

Ok, so I modified the updater script and disabled the checking, now its flashable through cwm recovery.

FLASH ON YOUR OWN RISK, it works for me, but might not work for you,

1. First go to super user app and in the information tab choose the check box next to OTA survive or something like that, mine is polish so dont know how it would be...

2. Download this and put to sd card

3. Reboot to cwm recovery and choose to install this zip.

4. After complete while rebooting choose to prevent recovery install and root fix.

5. After your phone starts go to super user app and uncheck the ota option and chceck once unroot temp option, your phone will unroot, and then check it again and it would be rooted again:)

Dont know what the update gives, but it might be worth a try, would be testing now if there is some improvements

Guest meanhornet

Ok. I have flashed it. Everything seems to be fine.

I have stock rom backup. It is located here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82795520/grandx-telenor-system.zip

I wuld be wery gratefull if you could make flashable zip of my stock rom.

I didnt downloaded it my self probably because of this rom, and a guy who did aplyed this update said that there is anther one ( Im waiting for him to upload it somewhere).

But somethng wery strange happend to him. At first our stock rom was TEL_SRB_GRANDXV1.0.0B04 and after first update he got version TEL_SRB_GRANDXV1.0.0B05. But after second update his firware version vas reverted to TEL_SRB_GRANDXV1.0.0B04.

He say, that he tried upgrade fur times and every time happend the same thing

Guest Gradjevinac

Just to confirm this yes, we in Serbia (Telenor) have 2 updates repating :)

In app Software update service

When I checked for updates it gave me the first update 3.38MB

-downloaded it, phone rebooted, system was upgrading to TEL_SRB_GRANDXV1.0.0B05

After thar i again went to app Software update service

-checked for updates and then gave me another update 3.51 MB

-downloaded it, and it reverted my system to TEL_SRB_GRANDXV1.0.0B04

1st 3.38 MB

2nd 3.51 MB

1st is giving us TEL_SRB_GRANDXV1.0.0B05

2nd is reverting back to TEL_SRB_GRANDXV1.0.0B04

Its mystery :)

Zte Grand X is rooted, but this is hapening for root and non rooted users in Serbia :)

Guest Suruceanu.Nick

today cm10 is available for lg optimus 2x, this phone has tegra2

so there is any possibility to see a porting for grand x?

nope, because it is on ventana , our grand x are on whistler. both tegra 2 but diferent.

Guest Suruceanu.Nick

Hello! Is it working on the ZTE Grand X IN too?

Can someone confirm this?

No, Grand X IN is based on x86 Intel Atom Procesor, this rom is for Arm based nVidia Tegra 2. Two different arhitectures.

Don't even think to flash Recovery or Rom from this forum, you will brick your device!

Guest Keka007

I've been using UK V3 for a month now and today I ran airplane mode and it was stuck there perma, I had to reflash rom again to get Mobile network section in settings menu working again...

Guest Dionisius

thx "chele" so i have whistler/Grand X/P943T, but the same 1GHz tegra2 and it said in indentifinder (ventana), i can instal this rom white rooting then later try the miui rom from oficiall miui roms database??? thx for any help advice, i am a noob :(