How to free SIM UNLOCK your G300

Guest margityu

Guest margityu

Hello everyone in this fabulous forum.Here is how I managed to unlock my G300 from the network where I picked up the phone on contract.

Its only working when you are in stock rom

FIRST: you need files that are used to zero the IMEI.Here is the link(http://g300.thebrona...0-downgrade.zip

)

SECOND: make your IMEI to be 0 or other than your IMEI.

THIRD:follow this tutorial:

1. You must enter the engineering menu. Dial * # * # 2846579 # * # *

2. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Manufacture mode

3. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background open (pass is 0 (ZERO))

4. Exit the engineering menu and turn on USB debugging (settings/developer tools/usb debugging)

6. On PC install the DFS Tool (http://cdmatool.com/Demo).Connect the phone and run DFS tool.

7. Go to Ports and double click on dbAdapter Reserved Interface.

8. Close the Ports window and click on SPC.In DFS log must write UNLOCKED DEVICE.

9. If this OK go to Programming and type your IMEI in right place. (you can read Imei from phone box)

10. Click write.

11. When all finish go to ports and disabe dbAdapter Reserved Interface.Unplug your phone.

12. Go to engineering menu again.

13. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Normal mode

14. Back to Background setting and go to OTP NV filter switch and click Confirm

15. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background close.

16. Restart Phone.

Thats all.. you now have YOUR IMEI!!! Dial *#06# for check.

Thanks to cicki for founding this tutorial and thanks to tutorial maker :)

YOU DO IT AT ONLY YOUR RISK!!!

Now when you finish with that you can go to Toolbox5irom.apk on your phone and make a backup of UNLOCKED IMEI of your phone.

Edited by margityu

Guest margityu

Maybe there is already a topic on this, but I think this deserves to be on the front page of the forum related to the G300.

When I click on your link, gives me the first page and not the MoDaCo forum post where was explained the process of unlocking.

Guest margityu

does this work on any rooted android phone?

because that would be epic

Specifically look for your model here on MoDaCo section for ZTE, there is a tutorial to unlock ZTE Skate.There are even a video from YouTube wich explanes what you need for unlocking and how to do it.

Guest margityu

Specifically look for your model here on MoDaCo section for ZTE, there is a tutorial to unlock ZTE Skate.There are even a video from YouTube wich explanes what you need for unlocking and how to do it.

Her is the link of tutorial for ORANGE MONTE CARLO,I do not know whether the MONTECARLO and SANFRANCISKO are same models, that should check with some people who are more competent on the matter.

Guest Dellboy2012

Maybe there is already a topic on this, but I think this deserves to be on the front page of the forum related to the G300.

When I click on your link, gives me the first page and not the MoDaCo forum post where was explained the process of unlocking.

Yeah, Tapatalk f..ed my post. Here is right link:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355974-how-to-get-your-imei-back-without-5irom-folder/#entry1991493

Edited by Dellboy2012

Guest SparkTheDark

Its working on GB stock and on ICS stock.

Just to confirm before i take the plunge - you have to either be running a complete stock version of GB or ICS and you can't do this if you're running a custom ROM (like Cyda's Stock+ ROM)?

And again, once you've done this sim unlock, flashing other ROM's won't remove it? Or (as you mentioned in the other thread), is it a case of doing a 5irom IMEI backup once you've done the unlock and then restoring that IMEI backup after you've installed different ROM's?

Certainly be interesting to hear from others if they've done this!

Guest derfuhrer2007

Its working on GB stock and on ICS stock.

I tried getting my IMEI to 0 by downloading that 5irom backup from mediafire and restoring it, but when I rebooted it it went into recovery mode and restored everything to the factory settings, the IMEI remaining the same.

I am on stock ICS

Guest grizzlyflea

I tried getting my IMEI to 0 by downloading that 5irom backup from mediafire and restoring it, but when I rebooted it it went into recovery mode and restored everything to the factory settings, the IMEI remaining the same.

I am on stock ICS

I seem to be having the problem too

Guest SparkTheDark

Thought i might see if it can be done on a custom ROM but the 'Qualcomm background open setting' password is different on my G300 running Stock+.

Guest save me

I wonder if someone can help me I was on B888 rom downgraded to b882 so I could unlock the phone and the OTA automatic update came and took it to B885 I have changed my IMEI it didn't go to 0 it changed to some other IMEI but as the guide said that was ok I continued I have tried the dfs tool but I get stuck at option 8 where it says 8. Close the Ports window and click on SPC.In DFS log must write UNLOCKED DEVICE. I cannot find anywhere that says SPC.In I checked everywhere in the log window, the dfs tool window could someone please advise?