How to free SIM UNLOCK your G300

Guest margityu

so i have a question

if i have a phone with GB stock rom and baseband 109809, unlock the phone with this guide ok

after that i want to installa ICS custom rom, so i have to update baseband to 2030 with official stock rom first, this relock the phone again?

why i have to backup the unlocked imei, what can i use for?

thanks in advantage

edit: just another thing, the guide says make imiei to 0, but can i do that? there isn't explane. can anyone wtrite down the steps?

Edited by Loki86

Guest tomcat_

So how do you install the new ROM, via CWM or via the Huawei update mechanism? And which ROM - does it have to a Huawei or Vodofone stock ROM?

not via CWM but via an update from an sd card...it can be let's say an official update. Then it goes to 0.

Then with the DFS you can write your own IMEI.

Then you can use CWM to flash other ROMs.

I have a feeling that if you flash another official update via let's say software update-->sd card phone might be locked again....but haven't tried is as there is no need...!!

to make my imei to 0 i read somthing

apply fake imei

do full stock update (this rom is ok? http://www.modaco.co...ms-from-huawei/)

after that imei may be 0 right?

i only need to know if that stock rom is right

tomcat can you give me the link for the stock rom that you use during the unlocking process?

Edited by Loki86

Guest tomcat_

to make my imei to 0 i read somthing

apply fake imei

do full stock update (this rom is ok? http://www.modaco.co...ms-from-huawei/)

after that imei may be 0 right?

i only need to know if that stock rom is right

tomcat can you give me the link for the stock rom that you use during the unlocking process?

I followed the guide which is pinned and "explained like you are 5" till i upgraded to the stock B936 ICS update. Then i have flashed again for a second time and the IMEI was 0.

If you want to stay on GB, then you have to flash again an official GB rom.

Edited by tomcat_

thanks man

so first of all use official update to upgrade to ics, the start the procedure and flash angain ics stock rom

this weak i try

i don't stay on GB i want to install ics so that's all

Guest tomcat_

So every time you flash a new rom your imei will be set to 0? If so that's a major hassle.

i've flashed a few ROMs via CWM and the IMEI stays the same.

I don't know what's happening if i flash any official update via software update-->sd card

Guest Andro B

i've flashed a few ROMs via CWM and the IMEI stays the same.

I don't know what's happening if i flash any official update via software update-->sd card

Hey Tomcat,

What version of CWM are you using? 4 or higher?

Guest tomcat_

Hey Tomcat,

What version of CWM are you using? 4 or higher?

i have no idea, i just followed the guide from here, for 5 year old...:) and everything went as described...

Guest MrPuddington

I tried this again with stock B936f, and the result is the same. The IMEI is not set to 0, and then all seems fine, but nothing happens - no unlock, no correct IMEI.

Does this only work on the old baseband?

Guest MrPuddington
I tried this again with stock B936f, and the result is the same. The IMEI is not set to 0, and then all seems fine, but nothing happens - no unlock, no correct IMEI.

I think I finally figured it out.

You need to have the Huawei OTA installer in dload, as 5ironrom will run this after restoring the IMEI-0 backup (installing a new radio firmware and completely wiping the ROM).

The instructions say it needs to be rooted, have an unlocked bootloader, and CWM installed. However, CWM always throws an error for me, no matter which version. Once that happens, I reboot and press Volume + and - together to start the Huawei OTA installer. After it completes, the IMEI is indeed zero, and everything works as promised.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest doveman

Ah cool. Thought I was going to have to do this to unlock my Vodaphone G300 after rooting it and installing CM9 but it seems that's already unlocked it as it's working on O2 now :)

Guest djalpha

Hi there,

I have done all the steps up to critical one step 9. When i write my IMEI and press the "write" button i get MODE CHANGE OfflineD Failed

The other steps seem to be ok, i have rooted the phone successfully, i have backed up my IMEI and then restored the 5irom that you have put on the mediafire link. That gave me a different than mine IMEI. When i press SPC it says device unlocked so everything seems normal.

any help is much appreciated

thanks

I already read all entrys in this topic, but I still do not know what to do. I excactly get the same error message, and I don't know what to do :(

Guest Frankish

Read read read guys. I had same issue. Its not enough to have different imei, once you have different imei flash a stock rom even the same one! This causes imei to zero and then the write of old imei works properly.

Guest djalpha
Read read read guys. I had same issue. Its not enough to have different imei, once you have different imei flash a stock rom even the same one! This causes imei to zero and then the write of old imei works properly.

I got it :D Sorry for inconvenience

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aucodeguru

Hi, I am trying to unlock my G300 by following this guide. I found out my phone was unlocked right after I restore it from the provided 5irom images. However after reboot, the phone looks different, there is branded apps (vodafone stuff) and also the shortcuts on the top of the screen (toggles for WIFI, GPS, Mobile Data etc.) is missing.

Guest jazzuk777

OK, so I thought I had followed the instructions and phone is unlocked from Vodafone (hurrah!)and working on O2 but I think I need some clarifications as had some results I wasn't expecting:

• All my screens got wiped of shortcuts pretty much

• The 4 way swipe to unlock has been replaced by a "standard" 2 swipe options set

• IMEI is still the new non-original one (can I change this back or will that relock it?)

• Vodfone Apps have gone

• So has the Toolbox - from both desktop and app drawer

• Periodically the screen briefly freezes with a "loading" message

• Some of the shortcut icons disappear periodically and get replaced with the Android icon instead

• I don't have any of the controls in the notifications screen for wifi, bluetooth, GPS etc.

Can anyone shed any light on any of this? Any way of rectifying any of this (without re-locking!) appreciated...

Edited by jazzuk777

Guest MrPuddington
  • IMEI is still the new non-original one (can I change this back or will that relock it?)

That is your problem right there. Did you ever get the IMEI to zero? Unless it is zero, all further steps will fail, although there is no error message.

I think you have to install one of the official roms via the official update method. This will reflash the baseband, and in the process set the IMEI to zero.

Guest jazzuk777

Hi - no I didn't get the IMEI to zero - one was chosen for me it seemed and I didn't see a way to choose it - at what step did I miss it? Would be great if someone could edit the guide to be a little more noob-friendly!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chappyski

Having a nightmare with the CDMAtool thing...

Their download site 494s a lot, then when you go to their site, it doesnt have the g300 listed under Huawei/

It says invalid account when you open the demo, then when you make a new account you get an email, which I thought I could verify and it says this:

Chappyski, Your account on http://cdmatool.com was successfully activated.

Now You can log in using user name [email protected] and password ******** DO NOT FORGET TO ENTER YOUR ACCAUNT DATA IN TO 'About' DFS tool window (for automatically download EQF files from cdmatool.com base)

IM still working on it , but its not a working program yet, seems to have a lot of issues even with demo, plus they cant spell the word ACCOUNT lol

The program only supports the foollowing Huawei phones

C2808 Demo C2823 Demo E1550 Demo EC-5805 Demo ETS-1220 Demo

ETS-2222+ Suntel

There is no G300 listed whatsoever

Is there another program I can use from this point onwards as CDMAtools seems about as useful as a chocolate fireguard

It still doesnt have Huawei G300 listed, so now I am stuck with a phone in safe mode, until I can resolve this and its 50 minutes to new years day, so doubtful anyone here to help me :(

Edited by Chappyski

Guest Chappyski

https://www.dropbox....616z130i9m/1.png marked with green is DSF log window,in second window,marked with red is PORTS and marked with blue is SPC.

This dropbox file was deleted and the post edited so shows no screenshot and this post was made back in October. the original po

ster only has 27 posts for this forum, has he duped everyone to believe this would work when CDMA dont support g300???

I feel like I am now left with a phone that will only run in safe mode, but the IMEI never changed anyway, so what was his game?

The DFS tool doesnt even see my phone nevermind be able to go any further in these steps

My one saving grace is my IMEI didnt change, but what a pisser on new years eve!

Is there another program that can take me onwards from the point where CDMAtools should be used??

Edited by Chappyski