[DEV][ROM] RacerMod 1.7 [19/04/2013] CyanogenMod 7.2 port with 2.6.35.7 kernel & CWM Recovery 5.0.2.8

Guest mikeioannina

Guest Raphael Machado

Use this tutorial (from Racerboy topic - adapted):

1.Copy the rom to the root of your sdcard

2.Backup your old ROM, so if anything is broken you can just rollback!!!

How to backup:

Press powerbutton and VolumeDown (leave volume down pressed). After afew seconds, recovery will open

With volume keys, go to "backup and restore". Select that option

Now select "Backup" and wait

3.Once backup complete press back button to go back to main menu

4.Select "wipe data/factory reset"

5.Go to submenu "mounts and storage"

6.Choose "format /boot" "format /data" "format /cache" "format /system" "format /sd-ext" - confirm every action

7.Return to 1st menu and goto Advanced and Wipe Dalvik cache

8.Return to 1st menu and choose "install zip from sdcard" - "choose zip" and chose RacerMod 1.5 alpha 1 zip

9.After installing, do "reboot system now"

Edited by Raphael Machado

Guest mikeioannina

mikeioannina is possible to fix failure sms when we send more than 320 characters in same sms? thanks

I don't know. I haven't experienced this problem because I don't use this phone for everyday use. I will look into this but it's probably a RIL problem which is hard to fix.

Guest equiliym

Has anyone tested the 1.5 alpha 2 kernel? How is the touchscreen working? Which driver is the best? 1.4 , 1,5 alpha 1 or alpha 2 ?

imho, beta1 is better even with glitches, beta2 is hard to press and glitch every once in a while D: 1.4 was good but i think i had pointer/calibration issues.. but thats just me

Guest anil_go

nice alpha 2 is working fine for me in my dell xcd28, touch is better than previous version, not perfect but it is good ,lesser ghost touch,but some times screen moves toward right when app drawer button is pressed, screen rotation animation works good and smooth. overall it is a good working latest rom. thanks for good work, looking for next update :)

Guest Mizahnyx

RacerMod 1.5 alpha 2 in ZTE Racer w/3.2 MPixel camera:

Camera: Working

Accelerometer: Working

Adreno 3D GL driver: Working (tested with NativeEGLExample)

Touchscreen Calibration: I can now write without the stylus. That was not possible with the previous RacerMod 1.3 i had.

Thank you very much! Hands down the best thing that happened to my ZTE Racer.

The only quirk: My phone gets detected as a Gen2 model, but cannot run the Gen2 kernel, so i had to manually modify the install scripts to make it install Gen1 kernel and libs.

Edited by Mizahnyx

Guest Manuel95

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME HOW TO INSTALL THIS PROGRAM ON MY PHONE I HAVE ZTE CARL I DOWNLOAD THE ZTE CARL VERSION ON MY COMPUTER .......WHAT I NEED TO DO NOW? HELP PLS

Guest Raphael Machado

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME HOW TO INSTALL THIS PROGRAM ON MY PHONE I HAVE ZTE CARL I DOWNLOAD THE ZTE CARL VERSION ON MY COMPUTER .......WHAT I NEED TO DO NOW? HELP PLS

You must install Alpha 1 then alpha2.

1.Copy the rom (zip file) to the root of your sdcard

2.Backup your old ROM, so if anything is broken you can just rollback!!!

How to backup:

Press powerbutton and VolumeDown (leave volume down pressed). After afew seconds, recovery will open

With volume keys, go to "backup and restore". Select that option

Now select "Backup" and wait

3.Once backup complete press back button to go back to main menu

4.Select "wipe data/factory reset"

5.Go to submenu "mounts and storage"

6.Choose "format /boot" "format /data" "format /cache" "format /system" "format /sd-ext" - confirm every action

7.Return to 1st menu and goto Advanced and Wipe Dalvik cache

8.Return to 1st menu and choose "install zip from sdcard" - "choose zip" and chose RacerMod 1.5 alpha 1 zip

9.After installing, do "reboot system now"

Guest Raphael Machado

instaled alpha 2 on my racer and now I can't activate wifi teathering, gives me error. Usb teathering works well.

In my ZTE Racer it's working fine.

Did u installed alpha1 then alpha2?

Off Topic:

Would be awesome if our phone run Subway Surfers lol

I'm addicted in this game, but it doesn't run in my Racer :(

Edited by Raphael Machado

Guest mikeioannina

The phone arrived today, I'm going to start development again but my time is restricted because I'm studying for my university.

EDIT: I'm sending the phone to a local service center to solder some cables on the board for rs232 serial debugging to ease the kernel development. I tried this with my old phone but my poor skills ended up burning the board :P. So now I'm sending it to some professionals to be sure nothing goes wrong.

Edited by mikeioannina

Guest Raphael Machado

The phone arrived today, I'm going to start development again but my time is restricted because I'm studying for my university.

EDIT: I'm sending the phone to a local service center to solder some cables on the board for rs232 serial debugging to ease the kernel development. I tried this with my old phone but my poor skills ended up burning the board :P. So now I'm sending it to some professionals to be sure nothing goes wrong.

Great! Good lucky with that! :D

Guest paulo_balduian

Wow, this rom is wonderful, very good. touch screen calibration, everything is great. I was disheartened by the discontinuation of the rom for the racer, but now I am happy for this project, thanks mikeioannina. My racer is now going back to breathe; )

Guest mikeioannina

The cable is soldered on the phone, now I'm waiting for the rs232 usb adapter to hopefully start working on the kernel. In the meantime, I'm going to release a new version of RacerMod which will include the latest cm7 merged features.

Guest mikeioannina

CyanogenMod stopped building cm7 few days ago, meaning cm7 is finally reaching its end of life. I will continue building cm7 until most major bugs are solved (wifi on freddo/carl, framebuffer). The only thing that stops us from going to cm9/10 is the kernel lcd related drivers, that's the reason I'm going to start development of a new kernel and hopefully we will have ics in the next few months.

Guest mikeioannina

Hello guys, today there were some massive gingerbread merges in CyanogenMod gerrit. Maybe tomorrow I will release build 1.6 of RacerMod (check first post for changelog)

Edited by mikeioannina