[DEV][ROM] RacerMod 1.7 [19/04/2013] CyanogenMod 7.2 port with 2.6.35.7 kernel & CWM Recovery 5.0.2.8

Guest mikeioannina

Guest GuyOverThere

you really have a phone witch accepts everything. I can't even boot with the one you posted there o.O ics v5 and copybit. same thing as before. I have all the roms in a folder in my pc but it was the RC2(no updates so rc2.0) from the first release http://www.modaco.co...i-patchrom-rc2/ this one if I'm not mistaken.

could you upload an zipped backup of the rom + kernel just to see if that works? I really don't know what the hell is wrong. even tested gen 2 (just covering all the options) and still nothing. o.O

Wow... while zte has slight differences between same model phones this is ridiculous, uploading a zipped clockworkmod backup of equilyim's 0624 with .35.7 kernel, gonna take a while (slow connection in my country :( ). Could it be a different copybit you're using? the one I'm using is the same I posted with the kernels t3 and t4.

Thanks for mui link, I'll test that after have it downloaded

Guest noobzone

this was my protocol

1)got the ICSv5 rom

2)got the kernel (gen1)

3)got the copybit from the same post

4)flashed rom and made 1st boot

5)adb'ed the copybit to /system/lib/hw/

6)flashed the kernel

7)didn't boot

slight variances? a different camera is a small variance. now this is something completely different o.O

Guest mikeioannina

Built again with my device folder with slight modifications and boots fine too.

I used these files from GuyOverThere: prebuilt netd, vold and gralloc.mooncake.so

Only difference is that camera works now. I'm building again disabling options one by one to find what caused the bug.

EDIT: used some build.prop lines that were not present in mine too

Edited by mikeioannina

Guest GuyOverThere

this was my protocol

1)got the ICSv5 rom

2)got the kernel (gen1)

3)got the copybit from the same post

4)flashed rom and made 1st boot

5)adb'ed the copybit to /system/lib/hw/

6)flashed the kernel

7)didn't boot

slight variances? a different camera is a small variance. now this is something completely different o.O

Same protocol here, only point 7 change since it does boot and works. The variances as far as I know are very subtle, like two touchscreen from two racer P729 phones don't behave exactly the same, that's what I've read anyway but right now I'm as lost as you are.

If the mui rom works on mine then I can sell you my phone for like ... 700$ and then I can buy a galaxy s3! :D

Guest noobzone

Same protocol here, only point 7 change since it does boot and works. The variances as far as I know are very subtle, like two touchscreen from two racer P729 phones don't behave exactly the same, that's what I've read anyway but right now I'm as lost as you are.

If the mui rom works on mine then I can sell you my phone for like ... 700$ and then I can buy a galaxy s3! :D

it should work as the error is always the same. I got this program https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=yly.android.app.droidinfo&feature=also_installed#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwNCwieWx5LmFuZHJvaWQuYXBwLmRyb2lkaW5mbyJd to check my racer's details

I got an HTML full with every thing.

this:

Configuration

Font Scale : 1.0

Hard Keyboard Hidden : YES

Keyboard : NOKEYS

Keyboard Hidden : NO

Locale : pt_PT

MCC : 268

MNC : 3

Navigation : NONAV

Navigation hidden : NO

Orientation : PORTRAIT

Screen Layout :

LONG_NO

SIZE_LARGE

SIZE_NORMAL

SIZE_SMALL

Touchscreen : FINGER

UI Mode :

NIGHT_NO

TYPE_NORMAL

BuildInfos

Android version : 2.3.7

Release Codename : REL

API LEVEL : 10

CPU ABI : armeabi-v6l

Manufacturer : ZTE

Bootloader : unknown

CPU ABI2 : armeabi

Hardware : mooncake

Radio : unknown

Board : mooncake

Brand : zte

Device : mooncake

Display : GWK74

Fingerprint : google/passion/passion:2.3.4/GRJ22/121341:user/release-keys

Host : cyanogenmod

ID : GRJ22

Model : ZTE-RACER

Product : cyanogen_mooncake

Tags : test-keys

Type : user

User : otoha

and this

CPU

Processor ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6l)

BogoMIPS 599.65

Features swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java

CPU implementer 0x41

CPU architecture 6TEJ

CPU variant 0x1

CPU part 0xb36

CPU revision 5

Hardware mooncake ZTE handset

Revision 0000

Serial 0000000000000000

Frequency range: 122.88 -> 806.4MHz

Current Frequency: 604.8MHz

are the only things I can think of messing the compatibility :/ if this kernel brings us one step closer to ICS then I'll be glad to help with everything I can. I come to the forum everyday so I'm always on the moment ;)

Guest mikeioannina

are the only things I can think of messing the compatibility :/ if this kernel brings us one step closer to ICS then I'll be glad to help with everything I can. I come to the forum everyday so I'm always on the moment ;)

Well we have to get a fully working gb rom first and then maybe port ics/jb. It's difficult because a lot of things have changed from 2.3 to 4.0/4.1 and many modifications are required

What the crap???! it says is incompatible with my device... can't install it, perhaps mikeioannina can? someone?

It says incompatible with my device too :/

Guest noobzone

from my searching, somehow, I should be missing some libs. that's really odd since I did a fresh install every time o_O we have to go deeper... also the app not working. I kinda know what it is. my screen density is set to 95 instead of the default 120 LDPI. that makes the icons smaller thus I like it that way. the only problem is the market that gets that DPI and then doesn't allow me to download anything. so a cracked play store is needed. but I have it cracked to 120 DPI so I'm still WTH is going on here ._.

Guest GuyOverThere

from my searching, somehow, I should be missing some libs. that's really odd since I did a fresh install every time o_O we have to go deeper... also the app not working. I kinda know what it is. my screen density is set to 95 instead of the default 120 LDPI. that makes the icons smaller thus I like it that way. the only problem is the market that gets that DPI and then doesn't allow me to download anything. so a cracked play store is needed. but I have it cracked to 120 DPI so I'm still WTH is going on here ._.

Missing libs... unlikely :-\ we're doing the same thing, full wipe -> flash rom -> first boot -> change copybit -> flash kernel -> done. Even the copybit could be skipped, granted with a flickering screen but it still boots all the way (in my phone at least, at think mikeioannina as well since I think he's building copybit from blade source).

The only libs that could be different is libril and some other I don't remember right now (libgc or something) but that's just in gen2 phones and yours is gen1 as mine, so I don't think is a libs thing but also don't know what is D:

If the rom works out of the box in your phone and if you don't change copybit (just flash the kernel) then we can say the kernel is the obvious cause, but what part of it? ... beats me, not enough info to know, could be anything, msm_ts driver, msm_ts_data or other structs, gpios, device registration on kernel subsystem, driver initialization, memory settings, some bad address for your particular model, i2c, pmem... god.....

That app shows not compatible with even my racer. Probably noobzone tried some other version of it? I guess I'll try to download apk and install it through sd card.

https://play.google....=also_installed

This version seem to be working.

Is it good? I mean, does it give lots of info to play with? :D

Edit;// right now testing Android system info from electricsheep (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.electricsheep.asi&hl=en) seems good at the momment

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest noobzone

Missing libs... unlikely :-\ we're doing the same thing, full wipe -> flash rom -> first boot -> change copybit -> flash kernel -> done. Even the copybit could be skipped, granted with a flickering screen but it still boots all the way (in my phone at least, at think mikeioannina as well since I think he's building copybit from blade source).

The only libs that could be different is libril and some other I don't remember right now (libgc or something) but that's just in gen2 phones and yours is gen1 as mine, so I don't think is a libs thing but also don't know what is D:

If the rom works out of the box in your phone and if you don't change copybit (just flash the kernel) then we can say the kernel is the obvious cause, but what part of it? ... beats me, not enough info to know, could be anything, msm_ts driver, msm_ts_data or other structs, gpios, device registration on kernel subsystem, driver initialization, memory settings, some bad address for your particular model, i2c, pmem... god.....

Is it good? I mean, does it give lots of info to play with? :D

The problems start right after kernel flash if that's what you mean. the worst part is that it is the first time anyone has encountered this specific error :o now detecting what causes the error is like finding a needle in a haystack :/

Guest GuyOverThere

Well, android system info gives the same info (same format even) of what you posted, only difference is that I have Screen Layout: LONG_NO and SIZE_SMALL only, but that's a rom config, nothing that affects the kernel.

Does your phone works the same with vamshi and deadlink kernels? I mean, is something that change in behaviour with any one of those?, although .32 and .35 have some important differences it might tell something about your phone, also, where is your model from? do you happen to know the signature of the stock rom that came with your device? (like 3UK_P726GV1.0.0B05 , ECLR_P726CUV1.0.0B06, etc...)

mikeioannina is going to update the first post of this thread to add his compiled rom and kernels later I think, perhaps there's better luck there :|

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest noobzone

TMN (Portugal): TMN Soft Stone

ECLR_P726NV1.0.0B09

ro.build.version.release=2.1-update1

ro.build.date=Thu Jun 3 19:45:34 CST 2010

ro.build.sw_internal_version=ECLR_P726NV1.0.0B09

ro.build.display.id=ECLR_P726NV1.0.0B03

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r4

That's the original rom of my zte

and yes it works the same with vamshi and deadlink kernels but vamishi was the one with the best calibration so I stick with it to all roms (even if I install an older one I update the kernel)

Guest GuyOverThere

TMN (Portugal): TMN Soft Stone

ECLR_P726NV1.0.0B09

ro.build.version.release=2.1-update1

ro.build.date=Thu Jun 3 19:45:34 CST 2010

ro.build.sw_internal_version=ECLR_P726NV1.0.0B09

ro.build.display.id=ECLR_P726NV1.0.0B03

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r4

That's the original rom of my zte

and yes it works the same with vamshi and deadlink kernels but vamishi was the one with the best calibration so I stick with it to all roms (even if I install an older one I update the kernel)

Good, then tonight I'm going to check a diff between deadlink's and .35 kernel, and since your device is expecting something from fb area I'll concentrate on that and see if I can pinpoint what's happening, why would you need something I don't is beyond me but it's the only starting point I have right now =(

Edit:// Checked the configs, one thing that might be responsable is the lack of samsung qvga fb, deadlink has it, vamshi I'm not sure (never got the config of his #68 kernel), so by default, known .32 sources had 3 lcd framebuffers: lead qvga, himax qvga and samsung qvga, himax is the one that Racer "needs" as in it seems to be the principal chip support, lead qvga has to be compiled because it's a dependency of himax (setting himax without setting lead will stop himax compilation) and samsung ... no idea =/

I'm at work now but I'm gonna try to compile a gen1 kernel with only the samsung fb added to see if it works with your phone.

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest mikeioannina

I found out that I still need the prebuilt gralloc.mooncake.so, when I built it from sources the phone was stuck in the ZTE logo. But using prebuilt gralloc & debug.sf.hw=0 in build.prop, we don't have hardware acceleration so rotation animation & screen on/off animations don't work...

Guest GuyOverThere

Found this on xda-developers:

debug.sf.hw=1

debug.composition.type=gpu

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150

video.accelerate.hw=1

debug.performance.tuning=1

Gonna see if I can try it in my phone and report

Edit://

Well this is rich... it seems to work, boot ok, screen working ok... and I haven't changed copybit yet (unless I've forgotten to revert and I'm still using copybit from blade lol) o: !!!!! mikeioannina, can you test?

Edit2: //

Forgot to add, I used rom toolbox which reported video.accelerate.hw=1 already, couldn't add windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec, after setting the property name the activity grew beyond my LCD size and the "add" button wasn't touchable, by default is 35, 150 was used by some atrix phone, so I was thinking more about using a number between 45 and 60 just to test. Is possible that debug.* are just for testing and not needed for hw accel and animations to work (with the exception of debug.sf.hw=0 that needs to exist in build.prop to avoid screen bugs)

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest GuyOverThere

well I'll be waiting then. gonna study some mathish thing (test tomorow and study=0 x) just as usual xD )

try this (same as before, change copybit and flash): http://www.mediafire...5dlsq2d0bkxt9ww

The only change I made was to add samsung qvga, let's hope this is what your phone is needing :|

Be warned, I had to ssh'd the only linux server we have, had to use ndk, made last minute install of several i686 libs, ndk's gcc was complaining during mooncake_keypad compilation about array index boundaries... so yeah, this kernel might be more problematic xD

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest noobzone

try this (same as before, change copybit and flash): http://www.mediafire...5dlsq2d0bkxt9ww

The only change I made was to add samsung qvga, let's hope this is what your phone is needing :|

Be warned, I had to ssh'd the only linux server we have, had to use ndk, made last minute install of several i686 libs, ndk's gcc was complaining during mooncake_keypad compilation about array index boundaries... so yeah, this kernel might be more problematic xD

Well well well let's see if it boots. if it does hurray :D then we'll trouble shoot the rest. if it does not... D:

EDIT: Clean installed cm-7 rom. ADB'ed the copybit. SUCCESS. rom booted and rebooted and its A ok even received a call right after so I can tell you that the call quality is good. hardware buttons not working though. not sure if they had not loaded yet or if kernel problem but still IT BOOTED :D

1 step closer :D

EDIT2: forget the hw buttons part. only send button not working. all others operational. sensors "offline" and calibration is a little bit ghosty. oh well still happy it booted anyway :D

Edited by noobzone

Guest GuyOverThere

Well well well let's see if it boots. if it does hurray :D then we'll trouble shoot the rest. if it does not... D:

EDIT: Clean installed cm-7 rom. ADB'ed the copybit. SUCCESS. rom booted and rebooted and its A ok even received a call right after so I can tell you that the call quality is good. hardware buttons not working though. not sure if they had not loaded yet or if kernel problem but still IT BOOTED :D

1 step closer :D

As I said, ndk gcc complained about mooncake_keypad driver compilation so I had to cheat for it to be compiled. Buttons not working it is something I expected in this case, now if I get home, re-compile there with qvga samsung and still buttons aren't working then I'll be worried (there's no need to cheat keypad driver with my development box). Since mikeioannina is going to upload soon, let's hope he still had samsung qvga enabled in his defconfig :P

Why zte...why.... why require samsung code for your devices...why!!!? :'(

Guest GuyOverThere

I'm preparing to upload the first nightly & kernel & recovery for Racer... stay tuned and check the first post

Were you able to test the build.prop thing?

Guest mikeioannina

Since mikeioannina is going to upload soon, let's hope he still had samsung qvga enabled in his defconfig :P

I think I always had it enabled...

I need some help, I compiled the rom for gen2, is it possible to use it on gen1 by changing some files only? I want to avoid rebuilding the whole source again :/

Were you able to test the build.prop thing?

Didn't test that yet

Guest GuyOverThere

I think I always had it enabled...

I need some help, I compiled the rom for gen2, is it possible to use it on gen1 by changing some files only? I want to avoid rebuilding the whole source again :/

The rom doesn't care about the gen, during cm building you can had either gen1 or gen2 address in boardconfig.mk (or whatever that's put) but that only affects kernel installation, thus, if you built with gen2 addresses, gen1 people will only need a gen1 kernel and done, the rom will still work as intended

Edit://

Crap, forgot the libs xD libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so need to be changed, sending to you, sorry, work affects my mind

Edited by GuyOverThere