[DEV][ROM] RacerMod 1.7 [19/04/2013] CyanogenMod 7.2 port with 2.6.35.7 kernel & CWM Recovery 5.0.2.8

Guest mikeioannina

Guest noobzone

As I said, ndk gcc complained about mooncake_keypad driver compilation so I had to cheat for it to be compiled. Buttons not working it is something I expected in this case, now if I get home, re-compile there with qvga samsung and still buttons aren't working then I'll be worried (there's no need to cheat keypad driver with my development box). Since mikeioannina is going to upload soon, let's hope he still had samsung qvga enabled in his defconfig :P

Why zte...why.... why require samsung code for your devices...why!!!? :'(

3rjzji.jpgThat's why xD

Guest Divinetoaura

CUSROM WORK AND WORK BOOT

EXCEPT

Wifi> NOT WORK

Hardware acceleration> NOT WORK

Screen on / off animation> NOT WORK

Rotation animation> NOT WORK

Accelerometer-compass> NOT WORK

Guest master_alarm

Good job, i have the zte carl and nobody has done with this mobile phone with custom roms. Congratulations to mikeioannina for start the roms and the other who helped.

Guest jogjadroid

I'm very interested in the project you are doing, for cwm .. it works perfectly on my freedo

for your rom ... same bugs as you say

I'll be ready for the next test :P

i have test to my zte racer but it has some bugs . wifi is not work . buletooth seems to work but im no sure because i haven't used it yet. the dialkey is not work and it cant go out. i am sorry for my pool english. thanks your work!

Edited by dreluo

Guest mikeioannina

i have test to my zte racer but it has some bugs . wifi is not work . buletooth seems to work but im no sure because i haven't used it yet. the dialkey is not work and it cant go out. i am sorry for my pool english. thanks your work!

Whan do you mean dial key is not working?

I've done some major changes, cleaned up the code and I'll split the development of Racer & Carl because I can't make make them fully working with the same codebase.

Now I'm preparing a new version for Racer first with these changes:

-Fixed accelerometer

-Removed option for buttons backlight from RacerParts(it's integrated in kernel)

New version for Carl/Freddo will come in a later state because it needs more work.

Edited by mikeioannina

racer has two Entity key. they are designed for dailing and hanging up the phone.

In your rom , the two entity key can't work and the light form them can't go out. the light is too bright.

i am not sure if you can understand me. but i have trid my best.

i am glad to try again if you need!

i am looking forward to next version that wifi can work.

Thanks for your reporting and work!

Guest noobzone

is there gonna be some try now to work with ics rom?

everything at it's time. let's get a working kernel with cm7 then we'll see if it is possible :)

Guest GuyOverThere

racer has two Entity key. they are designed for dailing and hanging up the phone.

In your rom , the two entity key can't work and the light form them can't go out. the light is too bright.

What phone do you have? If possible, can you specify the model and signature as reported by the stock rom? (if not just say "this is a zte carl gen2 phone bought in thailand" or something like that)

I have no problems with those keys, works just fine in my phone (zte racer gen1, just for reference)

Guest equiliym

that might not be the kernel/rom issue.. well rom issue.. you should check keypad file values for endcall and call buttons

key 115   VOLUME_UP		 WAKE_DROPPED

key 114   VOLUME_DOWN	   WAKE_DROPPED

key 231   CALL			  WAKE_DROPPED

key 107   ENDCALL		   WAKE_DROPPED

key 102   HOME			  WAKE_DROPPED

key 59    MENU			  WAKE_DROPPED

key 158   BACK			  WAKE_DROPPED

key 226   HEADSETHOOK	   WAKE

you can check your button values in cwm, there is an option somewhere about it

as for buttons backlight, depending on kernel sources (which i did not actually checked or saw) you can see/edit /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness from 1 to 0 (true/false thingy) if that path is in the kernel of course, this path is on .32 kernel.. might also mod that file to 666

Edited by equiliym

Guest mikeioannina

Well the update is going to be late again because there are some bugs that Ι didn't knew until I tested the build on my phone.

I also added options to calibrate the screen & calibrate gesture emulation in RacerParts.

What phone do you have? If possible, can you specify the model and signature as reported by the stock rom? (if not just say "this is a zte carl gen2 phone bought in thailand" or something like that)

I have no problems with those keys, works just fine in my phone (zte racer gen1, just for reference)

This phone is zte x850 ( isn't racer?) bought in China Unicom.

that might not be the kernel/rom issue.. well rom issue.. you should check keypad file values for endcall and call buttons

key 115 VOLUME_UP		 WAKE_DROPPED

key 114 VOLUME_DOWN	 WAKE_DROPPED

key 231 CALL			 WAKE_DROPPED

key 107 ENDCALL		 WAKE_DROPPED

key 102 HOME			 WAKE_DROPPED

key 59 MENU			 WAKE_DROPPED

key 158 BACK			 WAKE_DROPPED

key 226 HEADSETHOOK	 WAKE

you can check your button values in cwm, there is an option somewhere about it

as for buttons backlight, depending on kernel sources (which i did not actually checked or saw) you can see/edit /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness from 1 to 0 (true/false thingy) if that path is in the kernel of course, this path is on .32 kernel.. might also mod that file to 666

I have check it in cwm. but it didn't display anything when i pressed the call/endcall button. The other keys is ok! I am not sure if my phone is broken.

Well the update is going to be late again because there are some bugs that Ι didn't knew until I tested the build on my phone.

I also added options to calibrate the screen & calibrate gesture emulation in RacerParts.

Thanks very much. If it is possible, can you use other cloude storage?

mediafire can't work fine in my contry! Sometimes i can't open it and it is too slow in my contry!

Guest mikeioannina

I have check it in cwm. but it didn't display anything when i pressed the call/endcall button. The other keys is ok! I am not sure if my phone is broken.

You are right, in CWM the call/end buttons do not work... I have something in my mind that might fix this problem.

Thanks very much. If it is possible, can you use other cloude storage?

mediafire can't work fine in my contry! Sometimes i can't open it and it is too slow in my contry!

For now I'm going to upload only on mediafire but I have in my plans to fix my vps server in a few days and upload everything there

Edited by mikeioannina