[DEV][ROM] RacerMod 1.7 [19/04/2013] CyanogenMod 7.2 port with 2.6.35.7 kernel & CWM Recovery 5.0.2.8

Guest mikeioannina

Guest mikeioannina

I already tried your cwm and its work on my zte carl/freddo

even faster than my previous cwm

right now im still using equilym cm7 nightlies

can i rename your build to update.zip and flash it ?

or i need to fresh install ?

sorry for dumb question :D

It's better to do a factory reset when you install my rom to avoid extra bugs... but you can install it without doing the factory reset. I haven't tested if it works, take a backup first :)

Guest kimiamania

It's better to do a factory reset when you install my rom to avoid extra bugs... but you can install it without doing the factory reset. I haven't tested if it works, take a backup first :)

when I do backup, the CWM can't mount sd-ext, and skipping the backup for sd-ext

tried mounting it manually but it showing mounting error

is this a bug ?

never happened on previous CWM

Guest mikeioannina

when I do backup, the CWM can't mount sd-ext, and skipping the backup for sd-ext

tried mounting it manually but it showing mounting error

is this a bug ?

never happened on previous CWM

which filesystem do you use for the sd-ext partition? ext3 or ext4?

I have tested the lasted rom . The link if fine! i have download it from phone. wifi LEDs call/end call keys work fine. The kernel is faster than 2.6.32 kernel.The available memory is more large! it is seem that all is fine on my RACER! Thanks your work! The last question. Can you port android 4.0.4 to racer with this kernel!

Guest Glock24

Hi,

I just installed the 20121107 on my Racer and everything seems fine, except for the keyboard, as it does not write numbers. If you type "1234567890" you get "l.adgjqx0" instead. This happens in most but not all apps.

As deluro says, there seems to be more free RAM compared to other ROMS; mine has 46MB free vs ~34MB before, I've got all apps I had installed before.

Even the camera works; it only worked with deadlink's kernel and not vamshi's.

It seems 3D is working, games don't feel any slower.

Guest mikeioannina

I have tested the lasted rom . The link if fine! i have download it from phone. wifi LEDs call/end call keys work fine. The kernel is faster than 2.6.32 kernel.The available memory is more large! it is seem that all is fine on my RACER! Thanks your work! The last question. Can you port android 4.0.4 to racer with this kernel!

It could be possible but there are some things missing that need a lot of work to get fixed...

mikeioannina thanks for cook racerz. rom buut prob in touch, getting problem in touch.... I calibrated touch but not work..... mainly. problem in keyboards touch .....

What problem do you have exactly?

Hi,

I just installed the 20121107 on my Racer and everything seems fine, except for the keyboard, as it does not write numbers. If you type "1234567890" you get "l.adgjqx0" instead. This happens in most but not all apps.

As deluro says, there seems to be more free RAM compared to other ROMS; mine has 46MB free vs ~34MB before, I've got all apps I had installed before.

Even the camera works; it only worked with deadlink's kernel and not vamshi's.

It seems 3D is working, games don't feel any slower.

I can confirm the keyboard bug... very weird

Guest Glock24

Wifi sleep policy now works! Now it keeps the connection to a wifi network and does not disconnect when screen turns off or when locking the phone.

3D acceleration seems to work better than before. Enabling HW acceleration in "Air Traffic Control" resulted in garbage output or hard freeze, but now it works.

Great job!

Guest noobzone

I was just now going to report the keyboard bug. noticed it right when trying to set a google account (got my email and password with both letters and numbers) but the touchscreen has an awfull lot of ghost clicks. When trying to tipe a single letter I got every single one except that one. could it be because of the "multitouch" hack? if it was possible could you disable that in a test kernel so that we could rule that one out? didn't got to test anything else as I was in school and was short on battery xD

Guest mikeioannina

I was just now going to report the keyboard bug. noticed it right when trying to set a google account (got my email and password with both letters and numbers) but the touchscreen has an awfull lot of ghost clicks. When trying to tipe a single letter I got every single one except that one. could it be because of the "multitouch" hack? if it was possible could you disable that in a test kernel so that we could rule that one out? didn't got to test anything else as I was in school and was short on battery xD

Try setting Gesture pressure & Gesture blindspot to disabled in Device settings... this should "disable" multitouch.

Guest noobzone

Try setting Gesture pressure & Gesture blindspot to disabled in Device settings... this should "disable" multitouch.

done. but still. ghost clicks are on the menu today :P appart from that allI have to say is great job! the keyboard bug is from the keyboard apk itself and not from the kernel as I just tested with another keyboard and it worked fine.

Still the calibration that suits me the most, maybe because I'm more used to it is the one in vamshi's lattest kernel :S

Guest mikeioannina

done. but still. ghost clicks are on the menu today :P appart from that allI have to say is great job! the keyboard bug is from the keyboard apk itself and not from the kernel as I just tested with another keyboard and it worked fine.

Still the calibration that suits me the most, maybe because I'm more used to it is the one in vamshi's lattest kernel :S

It's weird because I didn't make any changes related to keyboard... can you send me the keyboard apk that worked for you?

Unfortunately we can't disable dual touch completely, it's a limitation of the touchscreen driver and I don't have the knowledge to modify it. Vamshi never released his touchscreen driver sources so the best current option for 2.6.35 kernel is the driver we currently use

Guest noobzone

It's weird because I didn't make any changes related to keyboard... can you send me the keyboard apk that worked for you?

Unfortunately we can't disable dual touch completely, it's a limitation of the touchscreen driver and I don't have the knowledge to modify it. Vamshi never released his touchscreen driver sources so the best current option for 2.6.35 kernel is the driver we currently use

oh well. One day I saw that the android keyboard was 11mb in space and I was like "that's to much" searched for another app and found "smart Keyboard" nice little keyboard with all the options I actually like :D and it was only 3-4mb so I searched a little bit if you know what I mean ;) and that works perfectly

Guest GuyOverThere

If it helps with anything, I use icecream sandwich keyboard from google play, more accurate than gingerbread's default.

I've also though about dual-touch being at least part responsible of ghosts clicks however, like mike I haven't been able to remove it completely, while I've been able to change MT_* reporting to simple ABS_X/Y things while still keeping the little calibration info we have every time it ends the same way: points stop being reported only when a second point is marked, meaning, say you marked point x:129,y:130, and then you marked x:200,y:190, well this will be translated as a line drawn between the two points, like you never upped the finger/tool form the screen after the first point you marked. Very annoying, it has to be related to IRQ handling but I don't know how to change that :-\ or perhaps a check is needed like if (distance between first point and second > some number) { report new touch event; return IRQ_HANDLED; }

I've a sightly different msm_ts.c than mike in my github sources but still have ghost clicks and not a thing I can do about it :( so yeah, I concur with mike that for the momment there's nothing much to do than to deal with the msm driver we have =/

Guest jogjadroid

hi mike, i try to install CM7 on my freddo. there are additional bugs that I experienced, the keyboard error when I use google acount login (only numbers are problematic)

but when I try to write sms, all normal

I do not know, this is just what happens in the freddo or racer as well

thank you

Guest noobzone

I installed various keyboards from play store and all of them showed the same bug with the numbers, so maybe it's not a bug in keyboard.apk.

I completly deleted keyboard.apk and smart keyboard is not free. maybe it uses any independent thingy?

Guest mikeioannina

Hey guys, a new nightly is coming soon, with a few small bugfixes & probably fixed Carl/Freddo accelerometer.

I need somebody to desing a boot logo for this rom, if anyone is interested you are free to post your ideas.

I also made some code cleanup and moved all the sources to http://github.com/RacerMod organisation.

I slowly started doing some work to build ICS for Racer too... don't expect anything yet, it needs much work. Now only the kernel source is ready.

Guest mikeioannina

The build is slowly being prepared.

Changes:

-Removed auto-brightness since we don't have a light sensor

-Fixed device settings icon

-Fix Phone.apk battery drain caused by not having proximity sensor (patch by deadlink)

-Fix MagicSmoke live wallpaper force-close

-Fix keyboard numbers bug

-Initial work for Carl accelerometer, works but axis x & y are flipped (need help on fixing this)

-New experimental gesture pressure/blindspot values in Device settings adjusted for our screen size

-Bluetooth not working (lol I don't know how I managed it again)

Some changes are also made source-side: I backported integrated kernel building from cm9 so kernel can now be built inline with android build for those who are interested. I also forked the mooncake folder; now mooncake is used for Racer & mooncakec device is used for Carl & Freddo

Edited by mikeioannina

Guest -=PAC-MAN=-

to dial a certain number, I dial this number 4 times (by the rule T9)

-------------------

Bluetooth work on my Racer (Russian "МТС 916" gen2)

-------------------

Wifi work too

-------------------

Screen calibration the best

-------------------

Recovery not work (not load)

(i install 7/11/12 ROM)(sorry for my bad english)

Edited by -=PAC-MAN=-

Guest mikeioannina

Hey guys, the latest nightly is ready, check first post for links

1.2 - 20121117

-Removed auto-brightness since we don't have a light sensor

-Fixed device settings icon size

-Fix Phone.apk battery drain caused by not having proximity sensor (patch by deadlink)

-Fix MagicSmoke live wallpaper force-close

-Fix keyboard numbers bug

-Fixed Carl/Freddo accelerometer

-New experimental gesture pressure/blindspot values in Device settings adjusted for our screen size

Edited by mikeioannina

Guest jogjadroid

sory mike

i try your cm7 20121117 build and i have test on my freddo

the result : accelerometer work as you say,and for the trouble is my freddo can't detect network operator (it say eror while searching)

it not happen on your previous build

sory for my bad english