Swiftkey 'Flow' update to bring Swype like functionality

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

SwiftKey is awesome. It's my keyboard of choice by far but i've also dabbled with all the others (literally, I think!), including one of it's main rivals, Swype. Swype's USP is it's 'swipe' action text entry, which is set to come to SwiftKey via a new 'Flow' release.

Introduced in this post on the SwiftKey site, 'SwiftKey Flow harnesses the unrivaled predictive power of SwiftKey to give a completely new take on continuous input, offering real-time prediction as you begin to ‘flow’ a word on the keys.'

The best way to get an idea of how the new app works is to check out the video included below... it looks pretty great! With Google rumoured to be introducing a similar feature in the new stock Android keyboard for 4.2, it looks like the swipe-wars are ON! :)

flowsplash.jpg

Click here to view the item

1) I really hope that this is a free update to existing SwiftKey 3 users. I think that SwiftKey have offered free updates through all their versions so far and I only bought 3 recently.

2) I saw Paul say that he doesn't like Swype on Twitter. I don't mind Swype, but I found it worked better than most other keyboards when using the phone in an armband (tested with HTC Desire). Because it doesn't seem to require good accuracy, it seemed to be easier to use than SwiftKey in this situation. I haven't had such a problem with my S3 in an armband, possibly because it's bigger.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.