• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Obligatory "Where's the 4.2 ROMs" thread

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Zomg it's been out for HOURS where are the roms!!!!11!One

Posted

There is probably no point in having 4.2 on the Blade.

4.2 isn't going to offer much as we're not even using the 4.1.2 camera let alone this new sphere one. keyboard shouldn't be too much work to port (may even just be an apk). nfc and wireless display we don't have. now/voice search don't work well as it is. we've already got expandable notifications and user profiles, which pretty much only leaves the gallery screensaver thing!

Posted

4.2 devices are not out until 13th November, 4.2 has yet to be released to AOSP.

remember to breath KenBW2, it'll be a long fortnight

Posted

4.2 devices are not out until 13th November, 4.2 has yet to be released to AOSP.

remember to breath KenBW2, it'll be a long fortnight

I suspect the sarcasm I was attempting to portray hasn't quite come across. For the record, I'm not actually expecting 4.2 any time soon, I know these things take time and motivation on the devs' part.

Oh it's hecatae back on blade.modaco! Hi, thanks for making it possible for me to say "The Blade has had every version of Android since 2.1", yes I did use your Honeycomb rom for a few weeks - even without the ability to make phone calls :P

Posted

Hi KenBW2,

Yes I got the sarcasm :P

Posted (edited)

Keyboard doesn't work n camera preview breaks on blade @ jb .. I think the devs will take some time to get it right !

Edited by dhavaljp.95

Posted

Keyboard doesn't work n camera preview breaks on blade @ jb .. I think the devs will take some time to get it right !

camera will never work. keyboard shouldn't be too much hassle, gallery may never work due to the workarounds needed to get legacycamera to integrate.

4.2 is end-of-the-line for blade i reckon, unless there's some major code fixes under the hood that are worth the effort, it hardly seems worth moving from 4.1.2 as the new features won't work.

Posted

Gallery seems to be working ,just the editing options don't work, I don't know much about camera,but u can click photos but without preview,I agree keyboard won't be a great issue. But I still think our blades will get 4.2 working properly with the known bugs of 4.1.

Posted

Zomg it's been out for HOURS where are the roms!!!!11!One

stop whining it will come out when it made by developers, or buy samsung nexus.

Posted

camera will never work. keyboard shouldn't be too much hassle, gallery may never work due to the workarounds needed to get legacycamera to integrate.

4.2 is end-of-the-line for blade i reckon, unless there's some major code fixes under the hood that are worth the effort, it hardly seems worth moving from 4.1.2 as the new features won't work.

4.2 camera works, all apps except keyboard work including clock,gmail etc !!

Posted

stop whining it will come out when it made by developers, or buy samsung nexus.

Failure to read the thread sir? ;)

Posted

4.2 camera works, all apps except keyboard work including clock,gmail etc !!

clock works, ok ... whats with the alarm clock function? i think i read some issues with that...

Posted

Failure to read the thread sir? ;)

perhaps, Im not good in english.