Android 4.2 stock keyboard has swype features. Check it out.

Guest TestSpecimen.

Guest TestSpecimen.

Don't know whether anyone noticed but there is a new stock keyboard that has new features, one of which being that it can be used just like swype...

Anyway if your interested give it a go:

http://www.mediafire...p8nh3z49ctv1zm9

Just a note: the website I got the link from states that this is probably an early build and not the final one that is on the new nexus, but it seems to work just fine.

(Source: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/30/download-android-4-2-keyboard-with-gesture-typing-probably-an-early-build/)

TestSpecimen

Edited by TestSpecimen.

Guest TangerineTractor

Installs and works as a standard keyboard but no sliding working, even though the option is enabled in settings, on a 944 ICS ROM.

Having said that, if you want a slide keyboard, just install swype beta. Nothings quicker or more accurate, and it works fine as a normal keyboard too, unlike others like slideit which seem to want to be one or the other.

Guest sanjay.thomas

That's funny cause its still not working for me. It installed fine but when I try to swype it force closes. The keyboard works fine otherwise. Can you explain what you did jsevi83?

Guest sanjay.thomas

Hmmm I flashed the same file. Maybe it's got to do with the fact that I'm on Infusion ROM. Any idea why this might not work on Infusion? Can someone tell me how to debug it so that I can identify the reason.

Btw camera works fine for me. Photo sphere works after changing build.proc details to match that of Nexus but it's so dreadfully slow that it's not usable.

Guest sanjay.thomas

Would really love it if anyone could identify the problem with the 4.2 keyboard or at least tell me how to go about identifying the problem. I had to uninstall Swype because it was too much of a resource hog. The speed of my phone had greatly increased after uninstalling it. But I really miss using gesture based input because its so much faster.