UK Vodafone ICS - B936 released OTA !

Guest tcpaulh

Hi

Ive upgraded to B936 from B895 and it works a dream, just remember to backup first and to use a 4GB SD card

From Craig

placebo effect,its the same as the crappy NZ release lol

Guest alpine101

I think the same...

All is in your mind xD

In the short time I had it, I did notice that the blind pulldown seemed faster but remained smooth. Didn't get to see much more!

Guest Davidoff59

The md5 would change if any code was changed would it not? Its a unique one off code so if it doesn't match, its been changed so it should not match the nz hash.

Guest Redflake

After trying all the ICS stock roms and custom roms I went back to B892 GB official Vodafone.

Then did the official update to B936 (think it was NZ). Now got the proper power widget in notifcation area.

Got rid of all Vodafone crap turned of spell check and installed swiftkey 3 keyboard and it now runs better than any custom rom I've tried.

Been using it for about a week with no slow downs or reboots. Get about 1850 in Quadrant with stock kernel.

Using Adw ex latest update with no lags.

Knocked a theme up to get rid of orange gb leftovers.

Only issue is the default storage.

Keeping this on till something better comes along.

post-791090-0-64407600-1351721916_thumb.

Guest alpine101

Out of interest, are those of you reporting success getting, from a cold boot, a Vodaphone logo boot animation rather than the standard Huawei one that I've always had on GB? That was the first change I noticed.

Edited by alpine101

Guest popoyaya

So.... after all the months of waiting,whilst they were "hard at work" on this, fixing everything, promising everything, it's the exact same piece of crap,bit-for-bit as ever. The same one they released in the UK a month ago and quickly withdrew as it was too buggy and made a big statement about. Is vodafone full of retards? Is this a joke?

Guest Hogweed

Well whatever may be on the Vodafone forum about a release it is not available at the moment to customers on B892 - the official UK version you should be on if you followed the OTA updates. So I am still not totally convinced it is the official release. If it is and it is the same thing they said was too buggy to release earlier then that's really poor.

I just double checked and with stock B892 you are told no updates are available.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Rico_89

Something is odd here for sure. My brother is on stock, untouched, B892 with all the voda bloat crap and there are still no updates: Also I just read a few pages back that the unlockbootloader.exe wont unlock the bootloader and will mess up your phone if used.. I mean WTF, no way would I install this version.

IMO the best stock ICS so far has been B934, it has all the ICS problems but at least you get a vendor update.app that does not contain any voda nonsense and a cool boot animation too.

Guest johnpeterman

I've just updated from 892 to 895, downloaded 936 but delayed updating for tomorrow, because I didn't have space on the sd card. Bullet dodged.

Am I in danger of not getting a fixed update if I'm running 895? In case there's going to be one, of course.