So they've fobbed us off with the same old stuff, AGAIN

Guest tcpaulh

Guest Malthus

promises mean nothing, you must be naïve and gullible if you think they mean something.

I meant promises from businesses, corporations, government etc mean nothing, and by that I mean they are worthless and empty until they are delivered on.

I'm afraid you're completely wrong, not in any moral sense or anything, but factually wrong. There's a whole raft of different legislation that enforce the fact that promises by business entities have to be met or they face penalties for breaking them.

I've still not seen any promises from either Vodafone or HUAWEI on ics, I have seen statements saying ics is coming, but that is still not a promise.

Again, completely factually wrong. That is a "promise" as far as UK legislation is concerned.

Edited by Malthus

Guest Pondlife

Very low score I'd say.

Anyway if people don't encourage businesses to act on their promises and assurances then they will become worthless, which whilst it will disappoint those expecting them to meet them is more detrimental to the business as people will look elsewhere for another business that might. ie. those saying they feel let down and wouldn't buy huawei again and those looking now to the nexus 4.

Guest top_score

I am not factually wrong, how many times have government promised something then failed to deliver. if I could be bothered looking I would probably find that they have never been found in breech of contract.

how many video games have been advertised with a release date only to be delayed, when a deposit had been payed for a game and it fails to arrive on advertised date, how many people have sued for breech of contract and failed promises, and then refused to buy anything from that games maker. you're all a bunch of whining prepubescents that are all take.

the dates for ics were predicted release dates, unless they've got some kick ass crystal ball that let's them see into the future . if they release ics in 10 years time they will still have completed there promise, just not in a timely manner.

last can't believe your still bitching about a cheap ass budget mobile phone, get a frigging grip and go and buy an iPhone or galaxy s3 and you can play with yourselves till your palms blister over the latest firmware. people like all you moaning about this will never be happy, something will always be wrong.

now that's what I call an unreasonable post.

Guest tcpaulh

top_score I think you mean they are not to be relied upon :) Nevertheless they are promises and you said they weren't. That's the bit that's factually incorrect.

Lets not get away from the fact that ICS was released in other countries recently with exactly the same build as what the UK is getting, why should we have a superior build to any other country?

That's your answer.

Guest onikami

Well, the OTA upgrade showing for me is B895. Is this the same as the NZ one? my phone is rooted. When I downloaded to install, I got an error 7 message. Is it worth upgrading or should I just stick with my current B892 version???

Edited by onikami

Guest onikami

ah. i thought i was getting ICS :D

I'll get my brother to see if he can sort this ugrade out as the error 7 message has me baffled and all this talk of roms confuses me.

Guest Malthus

top_score I think you mean they are not to be relied upon :) Nevertheless they are promises and you said they weren't. That's the bit that's factually incorrect.

Precisely. Also, Top_Score you seem to be "bitching" more than anyone else in the thread, frankly.

Guest Davidoff59

I don't personally care what others think. If I want to fight for something that was advertised to me, I will. Others seem to be taking the same route. If your happy with what you have then fine, just don't tell us we are bitching and then go and use the same upgrade we have fought for. Benefitting from another mans labour is one thing but don't insult him while he is doing it.

Guest akarana

FWIW I'm happy using the B926 Chinese version d/l from Huawei. It doesn't keep forgetting the SD, is that because I've got a new good quality card? The headphone level is fine on Sennheiser HD535. It keeps my ringtones, I made them .ogg and put them in a folder called Ringtones. I'm not having problems with Google IME. Some third party apps do have memory management problems, the trick is to properly quit/kill them. Battery life seems good to me, but then I do find it easy to manage Data, WiFi and BluTooth from the pulldown menu. I would have preferred the movie mode on the camera to stay at WVGA 15fps instead of "improving" to VGA at 30fps but that's life. Yeah, caller ID is sluggish, but overall I find the G300 worth every penny more than my old U8150.

Guest Davidoff59

sedj, Is it up to the UK members to fight for a fixed rom in New Zealand, in Ireland, in Italy an other countries? We want a fixed working rom, not so that we can say we have a better rom than Ireland. s*** we have been pointing out bugs to Huawei and Vodafone for long enough to have ha a fairly bug free release.

Just out of curiosity sedj, are you from one of those countries with a bug ridden build of ics?

Guest Colossae3.23

This phone is great for the price, but I saw the promise as well, and it did inform my choice to buy. If a company wants customer loyality then they have to stand on their word, or give a reasonable explanation as to why they can't keep it. But, this is what they gave us: http://www.modaco.com/page/news/_/android/huawei-g300-update-fails-googles-compatibility-test-suite-r888

this is really poor, to be honest. You would hope that either Voda or Huawei would have the ability and talent to do a better job than this. Like, how can this many failures just be a mistake? #scratching my head at this craziness#

roll on Daz...

Guest Colossae3.23

i would avoid huawei in the future...

yeah, I think you're right. But, is this down to Vodaphone or Huawei?

If its the latter, it sort of gives some credence to these claims of gov. subsidy and support.

Customer service and relationship, becomes a choice and not a necessity, when you got a money bag like that to pull from.

When I originally read about the issues Huawei had with the Australian and US govs, I thought it was just political wrangling. Not so sure any more.

yeah, I think you're right. But, is this down to Vodaphone or Huawei?

If its the latter, it sort of gives some credence to these claims of gov. subsidy and support.

Customer service and relationship, becomes a choice and not a necessity, when you got a money bag like that to pull from.

When I originally read about the issues Huawei had with the Australian and US govs, I thought it was just political wrangling. Not so sure any more.

huawei build the rom, then pass it on to Vodafone to add there crap (normally just apps and boot animation)

i think huawei could easily fix all the main problems we have and have it available in a matter of weeks...

i'm not sure they actually care about this older device now that they are rolling out newer devices :(

Guest Davidoff59

The fight continues. Huawei has passed on the Google Compatability Test and thanked the Jack for sending it to them.

Huawei Device NZ Hey Jack,

I've passed on that document now through my channels, via our care team. Will let you know how I get one. Thanks for providing that detail.

Good to see a response from Huawei, even if it is not Huawei UK.

Guest akarana

Is there a simple(ish) test to see if h/w acceleration is working?

My Chinese B926 has: Settings -> Developer Options -> Force GPU rendering (use 2D hardware acceleration in applications)

It'd be sad if Voda had to take things out of Huawei's rom so they could fit their own bloatware in...