• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Phone crash, Big Problems, Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just come back from holiday, was charging phone in caravan, came back to it in the morning black screen, pulled battery, now it gets to logo screen then reboots into CWM recovery but with errors

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command.

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log.

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log.

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log.

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_ log

Have tried re-installing rom on sd card, wiping everything, nothing works, and its going really slow

Need help, cheers in advance.

Edit: Also I have a CWM back up which also will not restore

Edited by beebaakid

Posted

donwload the official b926, extract it, put it to your sdcard and press vol+ and vol- and power button and you can start rooting...

Posted

donwload the official b926, extract it, put it to your sdcard and press vol+ and vol- and power button and you can start rooting...

cheers, tried that it gets to a third of the progress bar and stalls, found another thread with the same problem and it didnt get resolved guess Im gonna have to send it back, if anyone has any ideas off how to get CWM off and the chinese boot screen that would be a help...cheers.

Posted (edited)

ive done exatcly this as i overclocked my phone too much and there was only blue screen

format sdcard and put only the dload folder to it and then try it again

hold both of the volumes + the power button for a few seconds

Edited by Curlie

Posted

ive done exatcly this as i overclocked my phone too much and there was only blue screen

format sdcard and put only the dload folder to it and then try it again

hold both of the volumes + the power button for a few seconds

Ill give it a go

Posted

try it ;) but backup your sdcard

Posted

Ill give it a go

Given it a go, same result progress bar gets a third of the way along and stalls

Posted (edited)

You are are at least the third person to report this problem. It looks as if the cache partition has been corrupted and this is probably recoverable via adb. I suggested a few possible commands in an earlier thread to try and reinit the cache partition but it didn't seem to work. Someone more familiar than me with the file system setup could probably help more quickly. I suspect if I actually had one (with the problem) in front of me I could figure it out.

Bottom line: If your problem is the same as others who have reported this then all of your data on the phone is intact except for the cache partition which is corrupt. The phone should still respond to adb control from a PC but unfortunately you can't restore the cache partition without giving the appropriate linux shell commands to recreate the partition first.

Edited by Hogweed

Posted

spent the last 3 hours on this, I feel like crying, Ive tried various adb commands (knowing not what I do), and everything come back round to fuuked phone, How do I get CWM off and the chinese splash, jeez...............

Posted

you completely formated your sdcard?

Posted

and then put only the dload folder of the official b926 to your sdcard and press both of the vol buttons and powerbutton

if that doesnt work i don't know

Posted

or you try to restore a backup maybe this works (if you have one)

Posted

or you try to restore a backup maybe this works (if you have one)

Ive got a back up that wont restore, Its gonna have to go back BIG fingers crossed.

Posted

ok thought id bump this, got my head around fastboot and adb, need help replacing chinese boot logo with stock UK one, and how do I replace CWM with stock one, Ive tried reflashing different ROMs, versions of CWM, everything fails I think phone is knackered but I need to return it, there is no way they are going to replace it in this state, I might as well throw it in the bin, or is there a way to totally brick it so it wont do anything, cheers in advance.

Posted

What ROM were you on?

Posted

What ROM were you on?

Infusion latest version with storage fix.