How to restore GB from ICS

Guest Mabcin

Guest vhristenco

Zero your IMEI (make a backup before that), flash middle package, then flash B892 or B882. Then restore IMEI from backup.

After that you can flash B895 or OTA upgrade to it.

Guest mitudi21

OK guys i got a problem,i don't now what "root directory" means and i don't now how to copy the files to "root directory".I am just 13 so i guess is normally,and i'll apreciated if someone can help me.

Guest kyan31
OK guys i got a problem,i don't now what "root directory" means and i don't now how to copy the files to "root directory".I am just 13 so i guess is normally,and i'll apreciated if someone can help me.

Root directory means the start of the SD card, like the first folder you are presented in when you open it. Hopefully you understand what I mean :S

Guest pen69mod

Hi guys.

Please help me downgrade from ICS to GB.

As a G300 owner, Im in the same situation as mo.asal1 above. :unsure:

I started on voda B892, which accepted ota update to B895.

Then I followed instructions to upgrade to unbranded ICS via the huawei site, using the middle package first, then the other dload.

This worked fine, but after using it for a few weeks now, I would really like to return to GB.

I've fully read this thread, but on the Hauwei site it states that the download is for downgrading from B936 & B937 to GB voda.

This worries me. Would it work for B952, which is what the update on the Hauwei site took me to? I don't want to end up with a g300 that doesn't work! :(

If not, vhristence (above) states:- "Zero your IMEI (make a backup before that), flash middle package, then flash B892 or B882. Then restore IMEI from backup.

After that you can flash B895 or OTA upgrade to it."

What does this mean? How is that done? etc etc. Backup? Zero IMEI?

Would appreciate any advice from you guys. :)

Any way at all that I could undo what I have done (upgrading to ICS), and getting back to GB. Hopefully, without anything too technical like "zero-ing IMEI's"

Thanks y'all.

Edit: I did contact Hauwei to ask if the downgrade on their site (for B936 & B937) would work for B952, but they haven't bothered to reply, and that was 2 weeks ago.

Edited by pen69mod