• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

The Official 'I bricked my San Diego' Thread

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Did you brick your Orange San Diego recently? I did so my phone is currently on it's way to the top secret repair facility.

Did anyone else end up having to send the phone off for repair? How long did it take? How did you cope without it?

Orange gave me a loan phone.. a really really really basic Samsung flip phone lol.

Life without Android is hard :(

Top tip: Don't flash any updates to your phone unless they come from the Orange or Xolo websites. Even if they are user builds with the correct keys they will bugger your phone up. I found that out yesterday.

Posted

What did you flash ?

I know how you feel bud, I bricked my g300 and it was hard without android, kind of depressing really :(

Posted

lol witch rom did you flash hope you didt flash that test rom I gave you because it has a unsigned recovery boot and fastboot witch means full brick

Posted

Rofl at the title :-D

Posted

Nope I flashed an updated Orange UK ICS ROM I found that has been signed with device keys and was a user build so it should had worked. but it didn't. Something properly upset it. I'm wondering if it's because I flashed a different logo image to get rid of the Orange logo and that messed something up? Shouldn't do but.. meh.

Good job I made a full Android backup before I flashed. when I get the phone replaced I'll restore it all :D

Posted

you should alway test a rom by flashing only boot or recovery m8 if it don't boot you no it is for intel test phones

Posted

yeah.. I should had done that. Updating the IFWI has probably done it :(

Posted

Did you brick your Orange San Diego recently? I did so my phone is currently on it's way to the top secret repair facility.

Did anyone else end up having to send the phone off for repair? How long did it take? How did you cope without it?

Orange gave me a loan phone.. a really really really basic Samsung flip phone lol.

Life without Android is hard :(

Top tip: Don't flash any updates to your phone unless they come from the Orange or Xolo websites. Even if they are user builds with the correct keys they will bugger your phone up. I found that out yesterday.

Me too!

My OSD got sent in for repairs due to the battery, however.

Posted

Nope I flashed an updated Orange UK ICS ROM I found that has been signed with device keys and was a user build so it should had worked.

wait, what?!

How close are you clever people to bringing us custom roms? Where did you get those keys?

I've not logged on here for about a week. What else did I miss??

Posted

I think he means he found a properly signed official update that seems to have bricked his device.

Posted

yep that. and I cannot share the place I got them for obvious reasons. No Jelly Bean roms anyway :(

Gahh.. hate waiting for the phone to be fixed. Orange said it could take weeks :(

Posted

This topic is turning into a hall of fame..............yep I am officially adding my name to the list :(

Posted

what?? How did that happen?

Posted

This topic is turning into a hall of fame..............yep I am officially adding my name to the list :(

Is it beyond repair ? I thought mine was until ricky sorted it out, don't know if you can go through this thread - http://www.modaco.com/topic/359286-xolo-software-update-available/ and find something that can help you fix it.

Posted

he used the patched xolo update witch kill recovery its also changed fastboot so you can't flash old recovery any more he made the biggest mistake by formating system

Posted

he used the patched xolo update witch kill recovery its also changed fastboot so you can't flash old recovery any more he made the biggest mistake by formating system

Okay, glad I didn't choose that option then, when I was messing about with it, really must try and learn more about adb and such like.

Posted

The worst thing is I have an xolo logo and I cannot full brick it :wacko: tried everything, flashed kboots, fastboots, recoveries, all from other devices mind.

Typical, you want to brick and you cant :angry: :(

Posted (edited)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am back, I got fix brick to work after flashing K800 files, or maybe fixbrick worked as I done it while in bootloader whereas before I done it while at logo ?

Either way........Amen to fixbrick!

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted

Phew. Now next time don't format system!

Only time you will get 100% brick is by flashing a non-production bootloader. Like I did. :(

btw ricky somebody previously flashed with the update and fixed recovery by booting into bootloader and fastbooting the images over and wiping cache. Or did I read it wrong?

Posted

It was all for a good cause, I was trying to ota and keep root, it didn't turn out so good ;) :lol:

Posted

oh well. I'll have to investigate if I ever get my phone back.. and be careful!

Posted

I just would like to flash deodex rom and my phone is bricked .

I would like to unbrick with AIO tools but dosn't see my phone .

For debrick i use this : http://www.mediafire.com/?p1yppul2wwh2r34

Do you know why AIO tools don't see my phone ?

Posted (edited)

If you are bricked to the point you cannot boot then, go into bootloader mode and start AIO for fix brick, kill adb server with task manager and the tool will start sending update.

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted

I solve my brick with the tools that i post the link .

I don't understand why AIO Tools don't work , but probably because i don't kill adb server with task manager .

My phone work fine but i don't know why deodexed xolo rom brick my phone , before i flash ICS Xolo and ROOT

Posted

I solve my brick with the tools that i post the link .

I don't understand why AIO Tools don't work , but probably because i don't kill adb server with task manager .

My phone work fine but i don't know why deodexed xolo rom brick my phone , before i flash ICS Xolo and ROOT

As long as you kill adb in task manager and restart the tool in between each option you should be fine.