The Official 'I bricked my San Diego' Thread

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

Well I got a replacement phone. SBE - the repair people that Orange use - just sent me a new San Diego running the Orange ICS update out of the box. The interesting thing is that the ROM was showing a build date of November 2012 so I guess there has been an OTA update for the Orange ICS ROM recently? Or maybe this was a newer version. Anyway I screwed up and completely forgot to dump the system before I put the Xolo ICS on the phone :(

The phone does appear to be new though.. or at least refurbished. The power button is working perfectly and even seems better than it did when I first got a San Diego. At least I got a phone again :D

Currently happy with Xolo ICS. Rooted, de-odexed and all the Xolo crap removed & original Google apps restored so it will get updates from the Play Store.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Atir101

hi there guys im a newbie here.. just got my new orange san diego. i rooted and was getting rid of some apps i accidently got rid of home screen app and now my phone wont go past intel logo :( i dont know how to make it right :( please help me. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest johnygee

Sorry for the foolishness of a complete newbie but...

I managed to brick my Orange San DIego using AIO, my own fault not reading instructions fully first. Tried installing orange ICS before going though setup screen and downloading the Orange ICS file...and before rooting phone.

Phone locked in blue bootdroid screen with green bar along bottom.

Any ideas or is this unrecoverable?

Guest johnygee

Sorry for the foolishness of a complete newbie but...

I managed to brick my Orange San DIego using AIO, my own fault not reading instructions fully first. Tried installing orange ICS before going though setup screen and downloading the Orange ICS file...and before rooting phone.

Phone locked in blue bootdroid screen with green bar along bottom.

Any ideas or is this unrecoverable?

Dork, Switching phone off and back on sorted the problem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...