• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Revert to stock

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I know this has been asked before, but i need to return my acer liquid glow back to stock. Currently i have glowing liquid 1.5.2 on it and CWM recovery. On another thread it says to download a stock rom which i have done, however, it won't flash in CWM, which i kinda expected to happen. I am assuming that the stock recovery need to be flashed via fastboot first in order to flash the stock zip. Maybe i'm still wrong, but i cannot seem to find a stock recovery image.

Could one of you kind gentle persons please give me a clue on what to do to get it back to stock.

Thanks.

Posted

Where did you find stock Rom Installer ?? I could not find on Acer UK site

Posted (edited)

Download this tool and unpack it somewhere.

Then download this firmware and unpack it.

Now you have to reboot your phone into fastboot mode. To do that, turn off your phone, and plug the USB cable while pressing Vol-.

Once in fastboot mode, launch C7QDLTool.exe and select "Fastboot Mode" tab.

In "Android Image" table, tick all checkbox. (boot, system, flex, userdata, recovery, log filter)

Select corresponding files from the firmware folder you have extracted, like this :

boot = boot.img

system = system.img

flex file = Acer_AV044_E330_1.036.02_EMEA_FR.img

userdata = userdata.img

recovery = recovery.img

log filter = logfilter.img

Untick" Root on", "Debug FS" on and "Erase Log".

When you are sure to have selected all corrects files and the device is detacted, you can click on the (big) "Run" button.

If the phone is not detected, be sure that you already have installed device drivers.

Edited by vache

Posted

Cheers Vache, will give it a try later, much appreciated.

Posted

But this method also unroot the device?

Posted

Did the trick Vache, thanks.

Posted

Did the trick Vache, thanks.

Hey clivec, mind me asking why you wanted to go back to stock rom and unroot? My phone speaker some how broke and now sounds very crappy, also the USB slot sometimes doesn't recognize. Think this is factory fault and thinking about returning it to the store for warranty repair,

Just wanted to know if you had issues with your liquid glow to,

And if the proces of returning to stock was easy or not?

Greetings.

Posted

Hi, I had nothing wrong with the phone, I just wanted to go back stock after having a play. The phone is still perfect, the only thing that really annoys me is the lack of uk english system language. Other thsn that it's a good little phone.

Posted (edited)

Hi, I had nothing wrong with the phone, I just wanted to go back stock after having a play. The phone is still perfect, the only thing that really annoys me is the lack of uk english system language. Other thsn that it's a good little phone.

Ok thanks, glad to see its not a common problem.

Now you have to reboot your phone into fastboot mode. To do that, turn off your phone, and plug the USB cable while pressing Vol-.

In "Android Image" table, tick all checkbox. (boot, system, flex, userdata, recovery, log filter)

Select corresponding files from the firmware folder you have extracted, like this :

boot = boot.img

system = system.img

userdata = userdata.img

recovery = recovery.img

When you are sure to have selected all corrects files and the device is detacted, you can click on the (big) "Run" button.

If the phone is not detected, be sure that you already have installed device drivers.

Will that stock rom work for me to? I'm from belgium but I see "FR" in the name so not shure what that means..

Edited by TheOmen187

Posted (edited)

l

Edited by joske706

Posted

boot = boot.img

system = system.img

userdata = userdata.img

recovery = recovery.img

all links are offline!!!!