inamesh

Massive .thumbdata files in the /sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails folder

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

A few days ago I was surprised to see my "internal" sdcard space filling up, and found two files in the .thumbnails folder under /mnt/sdcard totaling 1.2 GB!

I deleted them immediately but today again there is an 800 MB file there.

I could go on deleting these files, but surely this is a major bug? A quick Google search reveals that this is not just a G300 issue. Does anyone know anything about this? Any solution?

Thanks!

I have the same problem I think it is the super video app that came with s3 rom, you have to change the settings in the app to disable thumbnail caching.

I have the same problem I think it is the super video app that came with s3 rom, you have to change the settings in the app to disable thumbnail caching.

I had the same problem but i don't use that app. now using infusion and haven't had a repeat performance... making me paranoid now tho I'm going to double check lol

Are you running ,or does the rom run an add free blocking app as that can store a large number of thumb nails on the SD card and after deleting them they reappear.

Definitely not that. I have neither the S3 ROM nor the Super video app

Are you running ,or does the rom run an add free blocking app as that can store a large number of thumb nails on the SD card and after deleting them they reappear.

Nope, no ad blocking app either.

When I get the time I'm going to run all my apps one-by-one and see which one is doing this.

I'll report back here with any updates

I've just noticed that I also have this issue too. I am using Infusion B02.