Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Virgin Media release "TV Anywhere", but Android owners will have to wait

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Sky have Sky Go, now Virgin Media release "TV Anywhere". But both seem to have no urgency for their Android Solutions. Sky Go has a paltry supported device list and doesn't even run on Jellybean. Virgin Media have released this today, but only on Browser, iPad, iPhone and iPod.

"Virgin Media today launched Virgin TV Anywhere, a new ‘cloud-based’ entertainment service exclusively for Virgin TV customers giving them the flexibility to enjoy their favourite TV content on computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones. Putting customers in control of their TV viewing and planning, Virgin TV Anywhere takes advantage of Virgin Media’s cutting edge home entertainment services, calling on its expertise in television, broadband and mobile to deliver a compelling new TV service that can to be enjoyed anywhere in the UK1, even beneath the capital’s streets using Virgin Media’s public Wi-Fi on London Underground."

"Launching initially on iPad, iPhone and iPod and available to download from the App store. Android support to follow in 2013. Up to two devices (including laptops or computers) can be registered at any one time. Customers can change registered devices on a monthly basis."

It sounds like a great service for Virgin Media customers, but once again, Android users get screwed over in favour of our iOS counterparts. :(

Feel free to vent below! ;)

Source: Virgin Media Press Release

Source: Virgin TV Anywhere

thumb_07-Nov-2012_Virgin Media.jpg

Click here to view the item

Posted · Report post

Just the other week I emailed Jeremy Darroch (Sky CEO), to vent my anger over their lack of Android support for Sky GO. :)

I doubt he ever personally read the email, but I took a call from a nice lady in his office asking how she could help.

I told her Sky GO on Android was pretty much a disgrace and she then tried explaining Android fragmentation to me. LOL. Really wish i'd have taped the conversation.

;)

Posted · Report post

Also worth noting it doesn't work in Chrome..

Posted · Report post

Shame really, Virgin had an opportunity to show Sky 'how it's done'...!

P

Posted · Report post

Anyone tried the flash based Desktop player yet to see if it works with android flashplayer even if not supported?

Posted · Report post

I'm getting pretty annoyed with companies doing this. Do they buy into the Apple hype? There are FAR more Android devices out there than iOS. Enough I would suggest to bring Android apps out first.

My bank (Smile.co.uk) has done something similar recently with their mobile banking app. They first brought out IOS and Blackberry apps and android is coming soon (now a few months down the line). I'd wager far more of their customers use Android then either of the other two OS's.

The particular irony with Virgin is that their mobile arm doesn't even sell the iphone (or pad) so they have effectively put other companies customers over their own. As a Virgin customer who gets their TV, home phone, broadband and mobile from them, I'm not impressed.

What is the love affair with iOS? If the numbers stacked up I could understand but they don't. Android hold something like 57% market share to iOS's 18%.

Companies, do some research.

Posted · Report post

I'm a complete noob when it comes to app making, so I was just wondering whether it's easier to make an iOS app compared to an android one? Companies may just be going for the easier option first if that's the case...

Posted · Report post

I s'pose the amount that iThingy owners pay for their devices they maybe ought to get some preferential treatment.

Maybe these big companies think Android users are cheapskates who won't pay for premium services? (Idiots)

Posted · Report post

If apple can tease the money out of their customers they will be easy prey the buy stuff from virgin!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.