• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[Kernel] 308 Kernel for official ICS roms, Updated 07/02/2013

190 posts in this topic

Posted

Smartassv2 i think.

Posted

just read some opinions on other forums, looks like they do almost the same things. smartassv2 is a balance between performance and battery

Posted

How do I tweak the processor options? I can't find the place in settings.

Posted

How do I tweak the processor options? I can't find the place in settings.

It doesn't just pop up in the ROM, kernels don't work like that. You need an app, such as no frills CPU.

Posted (edited)

On my Huawei G300 rooted with stock firmware 944 I have loaded kernel #15. Since then I have noticed that the pretend CD for the 'mobile partner' partition did not show up on connecting to my PC. Instead, I got a new drive that needed formatting - which I did not do of course - and this is the autorun.iso file in /system/cdrom. From another thread I found someone with the same issue after loading a different kernel that had disabled 'autorun' and I wonder if you have done the same. Is it possible to get this back in some way? Thanks, otherwise the kernel is superb, smooth and I can now overclock to 1.19 and use a better governor.

Edited by trampas62

Posted (edited)

On my Huawei G300 rooted with stock firmware 944 I have loaded kernel #15. Since then I have noticed that the pretend CD for the 'mobile partner' partition did not show up on connecting to my PC. Instead, I got a new drive that needed formatting - which I did not do of course - and this is the autorun.iso file in /system/cdrom.

I get this too. I've found that I can use an app like DriveDroid to turn off the mobile partner partition altogether (as well as add my own), but it forgets on reboot.

It would be nice if autorun.iso was either a) fixed or b ) removed. :)

Edited by Timbones

Posted

I loaded Ouch Kernel ICS v1.3 (see the modaco thread) today which is based on Paul Milbank's kernel. All good so far and my 'mobile partner' has come back - so fixed!

Posted

Just updated the #15 kernel so it is smoother now.

Posted

Nice one. Thanks Paul ;)

Posted

Cheers :D

Posted

Bluetooth is not working with it? :(

Posted

Hi,

Is there any chance for kernel #15 to be compiled with linaro tools. Seems this will bring more performance to the kernel...

Thanks

Posted

can i flash this for huawei u8800pro ?