[Kernel] 308 Kernel for official ICS roms, Updated 07/02/2013

Guest PaulMilbank

Guest exerullz

just read some opinions on other forums, looks like they do almost the same things. smartassv2 is a balance between performance and battery

Guest kyan31
How do I tweak the processor options? I can't find the place in settings.

It doesn't just pop up in the ROM, kernels don't work like that. You need an app, such as no frills CPU.

Guest trampas62

On my Huawei G300 rooted with stock firmware 944 I have loaded kernel #15. Since then I have noticed that the pretend CD for the 'mobile partner' partition did not show up on connecting to my PC. Instead, I got a new drive that needed formatting - which I did not do of course - and this is the autorun.iso file in /system/cdrom. From another thread I found someone with the same issue after loading a different kernel that had disabled 'autorun' and I wonder if you have done the same. Is it possible to get this back in some way? Thanks, otherwise the kernel is superb, smooth and I can now overclock to 1.19 and use a better governor.

Edited by trampas62

Guest Timbones

On my Huawei G300 rooted with stock firmware 944 I have loaded kernel #15. Since then I have noticed that the pretend CD for the 'mobile partner' partition did not show up on connecting to my PC. Instead, I got a new drive that needed formatting - which I did not do of course - and this is the autorun.iso file in /system/cdrom.

I get this too. I've found that I can use an app like DriveDroid to turn off the mobile partner partition altogether (as well as add my own), but it forgets on reboot.

It would be nice if autorun.iso was either a) fixed or b ) removed. :)

Edited by Timbones

Guest trampas62

I loaded Ouch Kernel ICS v1.3 (see the modaco thread) today which is based on Paul Milbank's kernel. All good so far and my 'mobile partner' has come back - so fixed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest cjcandrei

Hi,

Is there any chance for kernel #15 to be compiled with linaro tools. Seems this will bring more performance to the kernel...

Thanks

• 8 months later...