Orange San Diego hasn't been discontinued

Guest Simon O

Guest Pondlife

Ah, all the networks are rubbish and only want to know when you are buying something.

Must be a very low tarriff if they want you to pay that much to upgrade, if not regardless of how easy it is to change I'd really advise you don't stick with it..

Blimey tell that to Galaxy Ace owners...

Guest topcat07

As this is disappearing does anyone know if they are lining up another 'orange' to replace it with which may be better? Would be really annoyed if I bought this and something twice as powerful came out next month

Guest BlueMoonRising

As this is disappearing does anyone know if they are lining up another 'orange' to replace it with which may be better? Would be really annoyed if I bought this and something twice as powerful came out next month

Not at the £100 price point, hell not even at the £170 price point. It is extremely powerful at the price and there is absolutely nothing that comes close in that respect.

Guest ColdEmbrace

Have to say purchased this today to replace my san francisco. Surprised to find that it came with ICS as standard. Either that or GB with an ICS launcher didn't wait around to find out just let it update. At least this means even though out of stock online you might be able to find it in store.

Guest topcat07

Have to say purchased this today to replace my san francisco. Surprised to find that it came with ICS as standard. Either that or GB with an ICS launcher didn't wait around to find out just let it update. At least this means even though out of stock online you might be able to find it in store.

might be a stupid question but what is it updating to if it is already ICS isnt that the latest build?

Guest ColdEmbrace

Ta!

Glad I asked will make sure I won't do that then as wanting to root for the micro SD card

Wish I'd asked I got no root access now, bye bye all my paid root apps from my san fran

Guest topcat07

Complete novice to this but the slightest thing seems to make a difference to screwing everything up! Did you have any luck reverting back to pre update with the AIO tool??

Guest ColdEmbrace

Complete novice to this but the slightest thing seems to make a difference to screwing everything up! Did you have any luck reverting back to pre update with the AIO tool??

Not as yet, was kinda hoping my experience with the San Francisco would have helped but that seems easy in comparison.

Guest topcat07

Tried to get my phone swapped due to a dead pixel guy told me it has been discontinued in EE shop so unlikely to get any more delivered but will keep me on a list just incase

Guest smthers

Real shame that they discontinued this phone. My SD has replaced my iPhone 4,which is currently on eBay. My only real concern is the durability of the power button - that aside this is an amazingly slick device for the money.

Guest jasonXXx

Yes the power button is my only concern when I had a evo 3d I edited the key layout and added WAKE_DROPPED to the focus button and was happy using that but it dose not work in deep sleep on osd as the camera button only works when screen is on which sucks as every time I need to take a picture I need to unlock first. We really need to find a alternative to the power button as there are quit a lot of people having problems.

Guest mivecboy

EE shop in Worthing, West Sussex. Bought one for the wife yesterday, liked it so went back and bought another for myself today. The guy said they had loads left.

Guest alexquant

Check out the EE store on Fargate, Sheffield - there is a large banner in the window promoting the OSD at £99 + topup and another phone which I can't recall.

:-)

Guest Cowgers123

ive been wondering, if it has really been discontiuned and EE dont sell it instore, how will they repair or replace products which develope probs?

eg, i buy one, keep it for 11 months but power button breakes, how will they repair this or replace if it is dicontiuned????????

Guest AndySnapper

I was late in on this thread and trying to obtain an Orange San Diego in the January half price offer :-(

Several Orange and EE shops told me it was now an "End Of Life" designation and stock was limited to what stock you could find remaining in the stores. I live in the Bristol area and there appears to be not a single unit available here.

Calling around, I did manage to locate one at a smaller branch in a rural town in deepest Somerset (last one in sealed box apparently). They are transferring it to my local store as I want to use my Phone Fund in part payment.

There is no guarantee that this is going to work (still not received any confirmation despite asking) so I may not get hold of one yet and as we are at the end of the month (and offer) this is the last chance saloon I reckon.

Will let you know if I make it :(

Andy

Edited by AndySnapper