Orange San Diego hasn't been discontinued

Guest Simon O

Guest BlueMoonRising

I was late in on this thread and trying to obtain an Orange San Diego in the January half price offer :-(

Several Orange and EE shops told me it was now an "End Of Life" designation and stock was limited to what stock you could find remaining in the stores. I live in the Bristol area and there appears to be not a single unit available here.

Calling around, I did manage to locate one at a smaller branch in a rural town in deepest Somerset (last one in sealed box apparently). They are transferring it to my local store as I want to use my Phone Fund in part payment.

There is no guarantee that this is going to work (still not received any confirmation despite asking) so I may not get hold of one yet and as we are at the end of the month (and offer) this is the last chance saloon I reckon.

Will let you know if I make it :(

Andy

Don't forget to demand your headphones too...

Well you never know ;)

Guest topcat07
Hasn't the headphone deal ran out ?

Their not that good anuway

yea it has a tried to get it, ended at Christmas apparently. No harm in trying to hustle them though

Guest BlueMoonRising

I think I know why. Its because they're probably gonna release JB for it

Not a chance in hell, they're still advertising it as Ginger Bread.

If that was sarcasm by the way I swear I heard it go whoosh as it flew over my head. :)

Guest DaveSimonH

I think now is the last time you could find one of these in an EE store, I tried phoning around Glasgow yesterday and it seems like only 1 store may have it (said they had "loads") . Used to be a T-mobile store, hopefully they will have one tomorrow as I'm going to try and pick one up for my dad.

Guest Jeff 66

I think now is the last time you could find one of these in an EE store, I tried phoning around Glasgow yesterday and it seems like only 1 store may have it (said they had "loads") . Used to be a T-mobile store, hopefully they will have one tomorrow as I'm going to try and pick one up for my dad.

Did you get one?

Which store?

I've been to seven EE stores in the last few days and none of them had one in stock.

One of them told me they get regular deliveries, so to try again another day.

Two of them told me it's been discontinued and they won't be getting any more.

Two of them told me it's been discontinued and they won't be getting any more.

Odds on they probably would say that anyway just to get you to get a different phone while you were there.

They wouldn't want any punters leaving the shop who probably won't return

Guest geoff1951

On Orange website today at £79.99 plus £10 top up. Site also has special offer splash on front page, 20% off PAYG until 20th. But the link doesn't open.

There were posts a few weeks back about ordering online, collecting from shops, and cancelling 'cos of delivery delay. The refunds were only the cost of the phone, not the topup. GRRRR..

Nice surprise today, opened my credit card statement to see not one, but TWO £10 refunds. I'll never say a bad word about orange again... not today anyway.

PS.

After coming close to throwing my SD at the wall in frustration over the ever-worsening power button, I managed to order a Nexus 4 when their window was open and it came in five days. What a beautiful piece of kit. For those who went from a San Francisco to a San Diego, this is a similar leap in the "love that phone" stakes. And it's already been upgraded to JB 4.2.2. My love affair with the SD is over.

And Ricky, so sorry to read of the failure of yours. Good luck with whatever you get to replace it.

Guest Jeff 66

On Orange website today at £79.99 plus £10 top up. Site also has special offer splash on front page, 20% off PAYG until 20th. But the link doesn't open.

It is online here

After my attempts to buy one from Orange failed I bought a used one from eBay. I'd have been better off waiting a few days and buying them at this offer price.

Guest andysterling

I spoke to a rep on orange chat, as i wanted to buy it at the lower price, but came back to the site to see it had gone up to £99.99, she said there would be the same sale next week, so fingers crossed.:D

Guest chris60

Seeing as it came back in stock on-line ,my wife still won't one after I got a San Diego in the new year ,mine was the last one in Clydebank,phone around none in stock and didn't expect to get any in ,ordered online arrived with ICS already installed ,mine came with gingerbread but easily updated, still a bargain at £99

Pity orange never pushed this or even have it as t mobile phone as well,so both phones de oranged and running T-Mobile.

Guest Andymac1969

I have bought one of these too, £79.99 plus top up was a steal, it benchmarks on Antutu at 11500 compared to 4000 on my G300, I have played with the AIO tool a bit, mine came pre loaded with ICS, and I have had a few brown trouser moments playing with that tool, now got the Xolo ICS on the phone with Fibblesans stock update, fantastic phone, ordered a case and screen protectors off Ebay, a real steal at £79.99 thank you Orange

Andrew