Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Ubuntu ?

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I know running Ubuntu from a 4inch screen is a joke but we have hdmi, so it is more for fun and it is just cool :)

There are plenty of errors, maybe because we are x86 or do not have loop support, which means custom kernel and end of road for osd :(

Here is what adb says:

c:\adb>adb shell

# su

su

root@android:/ # cd /sdcard

cd /sdcard

root@android:/sdcard # cd ubuntu

cd ubuntu

root@android:/sdcard/ubuntu # sh ubuntu.sh

sh ubuntu.sh

rm failed for -f, No such file or directory

mkdir failed for /data/local/mnt, File exists

Unable to chmod bootubuntu: Operation not permitted

Ubuntu Chroot Bootloader v0.1

Ubuntu Bootloader is now installed!

This process does NOT damage Android OS!

Original Installer by Charan Singh

Modified for Ubuntu Chroot by Max Lee at AndroLinux.com ,G2Hacks.com and NexusOn

eHacks.net

To enter the Ubuntu Linux console just type 'bootubuntu'

root@android:/sdcard/ubuntu # bootubuntu

bootubuntu

mount: Invalid argument

mount: No such file or directory

Setting /etc/resolv.conf to Google Open DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

/system/bin/bootubuntu[22]: cannot create /data/local/ubuntu/etc/resolv.conf: No

such file or directory

/system/bin/bootubuntu[23]: cannot create /data/local/ubuntu/etc/resolv.conf: No

such file or directory

Setting localhost on /etc/hosts

/system/bin/bootubuntu[25]: cannot create /data/local/ubuntu/etc/hosts: No such

file or directory

READY TO ROCK AND ROLL BABY!

Brought to you by NexusOneHacks.net and the open source community!

Shutting down Ubuntu

failed: No such file or directory

failed: Invalid argument

255|root@android:/sdcard/ubuntu #

I know it was a long shot, but any ideas on the possibility of getting this working on the osd if only for the fun and because we canness of it :lol:

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted · Report post

:) hi,

ubuntu

that a good joke for the fun....(i prefer fuduntu :P )...

Posted · Report post

I think It's very far from a joke. With "ubuntu for android" coming it's really something that could be interesting, using our OSD for a full desktop experience.

Posted · Report post

so be cool....(now.....it's "like a joke"...but in a while ;) there be done :P ....i think)

Posted · Report post

I agree that this would be quite interesting, especially because the phone can run all the usual ia32 binaries, including wine. Obviously the script is not meant for ia32, so it is no surprise that it does not work. Maybe it would be worth following the instructions to do it by hand? I guess I could create a useful image of ubuntu.