• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What to buy to wireless charge your Nexus 4

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The Nexus 4 arrives tommorrow with Wireless Charging support, but what do you need to make it work?

The simple answer is - you need a Qi compatible wireless charging pad. Google will be launching their own charging orb for the Nexus 4... at some point (unknown if it'll be available at launch)... and Nokia's 'charging pillow' is also Qi compatible.

But what if you want to get something now ready for your device's arrival? The options seem pretty limited. So far i've found...

I suspect a lot of stocks have been snapped up in advance of the N4's release! If you spot other Qi compatible hardware in stock elsewhere, let us know so we can update this post!

oregoncharger.png

Click here to view the item

Posted · Report post

The alarm clock would be perfect if it utilised Bluetooth also!

Posted · Report post

I also found this speaker from TDK

Posted · Report post

How about this Nokia Lumia one? http://www.handtec.c...black--dt-910bk-

It's pre-order unfortunately but looks decent enough.

One thing for sure.. these charging pads are well expensive!

Posted · Report post

I bought this Energizer one from Amazon. List price $110, got it on sale for $19.98 - shipping to Singapore $18. Bargain at $38

Posted · Report post

Could be wrong but I seen somewhere Touchstone's work and I've just googled and they seen to be qi so fingers crossed

Posted · Report post

would be amazing if the Touchstone works!

Posted · Report post

I'll wait for the (Nokia) JBL wireless speakers with NFC + charging

Posted · Report post

are JBL really charging $150 extra for the wireless speakers that include charging?

If the Qi charging platforms are anything like $150 I can't see many people buying them.

Posted · Report post

Is overcharging possible when using these Qi inductive chargers? i.e can you leave the phone on the charger all day without worrying about destroying the battery?

Posted · Report post

I've read that when the Verge tested the N4 wireless charging capability it had disappointing results..with numerous disconnections. A dock would be great as it would also eradicate the muffled sound when it's rung whilst lying down . .an ideal world and and all that ;-)

Posted · Report post

I can confirm from my "N4 initial thoughts" thread:

That the Palm touchstone doesn't work. :(

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.