[MOD] G300 Int2sdext2

Guest Cyda

Mod removed. If you wish to use the 2gb internal partition for apps storage please use this mod here instead as it is more compatible.

I'll leave the removal tool available for anyone who may have this installed and wish to remove it.

Removal

This mod can be removed by flashing the following removal file in CWM: download - ( md5: 5b1521d4574673b185d023f1fd5582ab )

Alternatively you can enter the following commands via adb shell or via a terminal emulator if you prefer (you must have busybox installed).

busybox umount /data/sdext2

busybox mkfs.vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p19

Once this is done you can restore to a previous nandroid backup (from before the mod was installed) if required.

Edited by Cyda

Shendu if it matters.

Probably does. I don't think that is stock based. Isn't that built from cm and is JB?

Check /data/sdext2 exists.

Post contents of /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

Thanks.

Edited by Cyda

Guest tcpaulh

/data/sdext2 exists

install-recovey.sh

#!/system/bin/sh

#added by link2sd

LOG=/data/link2sd-install-recovery.log

echo "$(date) mounting..." > $LOG

mount -t ext4 -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p19 /data/sdext2 1>>$LOG 2>>$LOG

mount >> $LOG

echo "$(date) mount finished" >> $LOG

This has only been tested on a stock ICS rom. I really cannot say what will happen if you install it on a CM 4.1.2 based rom; I don't know if install-recovery.sh is even called on boot in Jelly bean.

If you are using a non stock rom I'd suggest not using this.

Edit:- Think you might need adbwinapi.dll and adbwinusbapi.dll in the removal folder

Good call I'll add them later and re-upload.

Edit: removal file updated.

Cheers Cyda works a treat

Thanks for letting me know. :)

Edited by Cyda

Guest TangerineTractor

OK, it all works, but am I being stupid, wonfering what I can now do with my extra 2gb? All my apps are installed internally, and there doesn;t seem to be any point in moving them to the SD card. I understand that if my internal app storage gets full, apps will be installed on the SD card, but I don't see a way in link2sd to select the new internal SD to move apps to? I can see the new 2gb using a root explorer, so I guess I could move music etc to it, but I'm struggling to se ehow I can really use it - is there a way to make the camera, for example, use it for storing photos instead of the sd card?

Once you have it setup you go in to Link2SD, select the app you want to move and select create link. The file will then be moved to the new 2GB ext4 partition. I have all my games installed on my internal storage this way.

If you don't even fill the 750mb storage space on the /data partition you probably won't need this. On my setup have 312mb used in data and 478mb used in the sdext2 partition.

If you use a camera app that allows you to change the save path then you should be able to point it at the sdext2 partition if you so wish, I've never used it like that myself though.

Edited by Cyda

Guest TangerineTractor

Once you have it setup you go in to Link2SD, select the app you want to move and select create link. The file will then be moved to the new 2GB ext4 partition. I have all my games installed on my internal storage this way.

So teh Create Link moves to the second SD card automatically? I'm just wondering, because there seems nowhere to specifiy which sd card to move apps to.

So teh Create Link moves to the second SD card automatically? I'm just wondering, because there seems nowhere to specifiy which sd card to move apps to.

Yeah, the create link button moves the file (and its libs if selected) to the sdext2.

Guest Colossae3.23

yeah it does. Move a few and then go back to storage setting is Link2SD and you'll see it's being used

answered above /\

Edited by Colossae3.23

PS: is it wise to include lib files when making the link? Seems like default is to keep them in /data. Does this matter?

Ta

I normally move all the files, lib and davlik files. I think I had one app once that didn't like this but never had a problem overall. Some apps have lib files as big as the apk itself.

does this need to be reflashed with every ROM change ?

The partition will stay as ext4 through a rom flash unless the rom specifically changes it but the link2sd and modded install-recovery.sh will need installing.

In short, yes but it could be done manually if preferred.

Edited by Cyda

Guest oldfella

I normally move all the files, lib and davlik files. I think I had one app once that didn't like this but never had a problem overall. Some apps have lib files as big as the apk itself.

The partition will stay as ext4 through a rom flash unless the rom specifically changes it but the link2sd and modded install-recovery.sh will need installing.

i think clockworkmod formats the ext partition to ext3 when you do a full wipe, at least it did when i had the zte skate

i think clockworkmod formats the ext partition to ext3 when you do a full wipe, at least it did when i had the zte skate

I tried to format that partition via CWM, I though this might be an easy way to revert the mod but you just get an error.

As this partition is mounted in CWM as /datadata it doesn't get treated like am sdext2 on your sdcard does.

I've not tested yet as without a pc and concerned about restoring it! Is there a full way on the phone.

I'm just ironing out the kinks on the best way to do it. It can be done via a terminal emulator but it should be possible to do it via a script in script manager app.

I'll post an update once I work it all out.

Edited by Cyda