[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Perhaps someone can help me. I have a Vodafone UK handset, now upgraded to ICS and CM9 ROM installed on it. I have purchased an unlock code but now when I power up the phone with a non-Vodafone SIM in it I am not prompted to enter the SIM unlock code. I presume I should have done this first. What should I now do. I am very capable of following instructions but this is confusing so if in your response you can include the appropriate hyperlink with instructions I will be VERY grateful :)

Thanks.

You may get away with flashing a stock based rom like stock +,then try it.

Guest Frankish
Perhaps someone can help me. I have a Vodafone UK handset, now upgraded to ICS and CM9 ROM installed on it. I have purchased an unlock code but now when I power up the phone with a non-Vodafone SIM in it I am not prompted to enter the SIM unlock code. I presume I should have done this first. What should I now do. I am very capable of following instructions but this is confusing so if in your response you can include the appropriate hyperlink with instructions I will be VERY grateful :)

Thanks.

Need to unlock on a stock rom.

Thanks.

First back up your data - you will lose contacts, texts etc. Turn off the phone. Pull out the battery for 10 seconds, then put it back in again. Hold down Power, Volume Up and Volume Down. Wait for the installation to complete. You are now back on the last stock update you did, and should be prompted for the unlock code.

this is a little documentation of my wi-fi crash lifecycle:

1 boot phone

2 turn on 3G, connected, everything works fine

3 turn on wi-fi, freeze, battery out/in, reboot

4 phone rebooted, wi-fi on, connected. toggle wi-fi off

5 toggle wi-fi on: nothing happens. phone claims that my network is not there (shows all others though), no freeze

6 toggle 3G, nothing happens. no connection, no freeze

7 reboot (without battery pull), start at position 2.

tl; dr: if i reboot after wi-fi freeze, wi-fi works. if i toggle wi-fi off, neither wi-fi nor 3G will work (but no freeze)

Edited by Guest

First back up your data - you will lose contacts, texts etc. Turn off the phone. Pull out the battery for 10 seconds, then put it back in again. Hold down Power, Volume Up and Volume Down. Wait for the installation to complete. You are now back on the last stock update you did, and should be prompted for the unlock code.

Thank you. That sounds great. I'll try it tonight once I'm back home. By stock I presume that means the Huawei generic firmware or does it mean one of the Vodafone firmwares? Once I have done that is it worth upgrading to the latest firmware before putting on a ROM? IIRC I had it on 926 and that had an annoying Chinese splash screen which I would definitely like to get rid of!!!

Edited by feival

Thank you. That sounds great. I'll try it tonight once I'm back home. By stock I presume that means the Huawei generic firmware or does it mean one of the Vodafone firmwares? Once I have done that is it worth upgrading to the latest firmware before putting on a ROM? IIRC I had it on 926 and that had an annoying Chinese splash screen which I would definitely like to get rid of!!!

Stock is whatever the last 'official' firmware you installed was - it's likely to be that Chinese B926. There's some debate as to whether you should update or not. If you install a ROM over the Chinese B926, you might have faster 3G, though some have reported problems with this(though not with CyanogenMod I don't think). If you update, you might have slower 3G, but might be more stable. You will lose the splash screen when you install a custom ROM like CyanogenMod or Infusion anyway, so personally I would not update.

Stock is whatever the last 'official' firmware you installed was - it's likely to be that Chinese B926. There's some debate as to whether you should update or not. If you install a ROM over the Chinese B926, you might have faster 3G, though some have reported problems with this(though not with CyanogenMod I don't think). If you update, you might have slower 3G, but might be more stable. You will lose the splash screen when you install a custom ROM like CyanogenMod or Infusion anyway, so personally I would not update.

Thank you again. With CM9 I do get their splash screen that lasts a while but before that loads there is a Chinese one that apears for around 3 or 4 seconds. Certainly not the end of the world. It is followed by an android one and then the CM screen.

Thank you again. With CM9 I do get their splash screen that lasts a while but before that loads there is a Chinese one that apears for around 3 or 4 seconds. Certainly not the end of the world. It is followed by an android one and then the CM screen.

Oh right, never seen that before, but then I never installed the Chinese update.

Guest fjpalacios

I don't if this is a bug but this already happened to me twice

Yep, I too sometimes happened. But restarting the app in which happens, or the launcher, "fixes".

Guest bladebuddy

Same little glitch here but not on any apps just on the home screen and app draw.Strangely it was after playing music.

Nothing a reboot can't fix .

The rom on the whole is first class and a credit to Daz and those concerned.

post-955381-1353064324808_thumb.jpg

ooh look finally a real reason to leave GB on this phone? cheers

can we get a summary of everything that isn't awesome though? :) compared to stock GB. other than what's in 2nd post obviously..

Edited by Smiff2

There is one more problem, maybe it just me.When you want to use mobile internet instead of WiFi, you have to reboot your phone.

this is a little documentation of my wi-fi crash lifecycle:

1 boot phone

2 turn on 3G, connected, everything works fine

3 turn on wi-fi, freeze, battery out/in, reboot

4 phone rebooted, wi-fi on, connected. toggle wi-fi off

5 toggle wi-fi on: nothing happens. phone claims that my network is not there (shows all others though), no freeze

6 toggle 3G, nothing happens. no connection, no freeze

7 reboot (without battery pull), start at position 2.

tl; dr: if i reboot after wi-fi freeze, wi-fi works. if i toggle wi-fi off, neither wi-fi nor 3G will work (but no freeze)

like that or every time you toggle mobile internet?

Edited by Guest

Guest Dazzozo

Yep, you may notice a correlation between being connected to mobile data and having a Wi-Fi poop. The previous explanation still stands, it is classed as high load.

ah so it can't automatically switch between wifi and mobile data, reliably, without a crash/hang? that makes this a no go for me if so.

edit: what i mean is, if a non-technical user, leaves both wifi and data enabled, the phone still tends to hang? this is all i care about, not what silly people are doing pushing toggles.

edit2: removed smiley mmkay.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest flixblixclix

CM9(cyanogenmod) for Huawei, btw it's a like shocking surprise for me...... thank you friend.... looking for frequent update to test again and again......

Guest breesey

Just to add my two cents:

Overall, definitely feels very smooth, finally comparable to the Blade. Everything runs smoothly. That said, I've had a few stutters in music (sourcing files from my microSD) that I've not had on any previous ROMs but they're nothing more than a minor annoyance.

Battery life is awesome! Got two days and a couple of hours out of it, with standard usage (Data always on, few calls, checking twitter, ebay * mail, sending and recieving texts).

I have experienced that Font glitch on the homescreen that a few people above have mentioned, not yet been able to pinpoint what might be leading to it though. All told, fabulous. Thanks for the hard work Daz!

Guest unaszplodrmann

ah so it can't automatically switch between wifi and mobile data, reliably, without a crash/hang?

As was said, READ CAREFULLY, the problem occurs when Wi-Fi is toggled back on. If you leave both Wi-Fi and mobile data on, the device will switch between the two as normal.

edit2: removed smiley mmkay.

Your sardonism is rather inappropriate. The interim solution for users is to obviously leave Wi-Fi on and charge the device a bit more frequently, as needed, no biggy. It won't kill you.

Hi had a strange issue. First home button only worked with long press. Than over the space of ten minutes the phone became less and less responsive with trebuchet force closing untill 5 mins later it crashed and went into a boot loop. Wipeing it didn't fix it and had to re flash rom.

Great work anyway :D

Thank you. I just tried that and it just boots to a pink (t-mobile type pink) screen and hangs there. Pulling out the battery results in no damage to the phone but I jsut can't past the pink screen. I will reinstall the Chinese firmware again and start from that. I presume that will be fine.

Guest blademaster123

I remember FM radio wan't affected by the low speaker volume problem, so that makes sense.

You have to root and other things to install this ROM, but when it's installed, it has built in root. Follow this guide if you're not sure how to get it:

Oh thanks at the moment i just upgraded to ics now im gonna do the other steps to get this rom

Edit:It works fabulous!! luckily no wifi crash :D keep up the great work daz

Edited by blademaster123