[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Ludak021

As Dazzozo says it is more down to how you use it that causes the wifi problem, i have just purposely crashed my phone by waking from sleep my phone with wifi off. Running an app that needs a internet connection and while its trying to find a connection enable wifi through the notification bar and it froze. In normal use if you enable wifi and dont run a program till its got a data connection there should be no problem using this build.

Also if it does freeze, dont arse about pulling the battery, the system will reset itself in a minute or two.

Great rom, nice to be using CM again :D

well, I turned wi-fi off whenI was leaving home and when I came back after ~2hrs I unlocked the phone, opened notification bar on lockscreen and tried to turn on wi-fi and phone freezed. I cannot imagine any heavy load going on there since the phone was practically idle for 2hrs and only lockscreen was active when I tried to turn wi-fi on.

I am not complaining, I am just saying. I won't be turning wi-fi off and problem solved, for now.

If you leave both Wi-Fi and mobile data on, the device will switch between the two as normal.

thanks that's all I needed to know (rest of your reply is fascinating but OT). maybe someone could add this to the 2nd post, because all it currently says is

• A reliable Wi-Fi crash for very specific devices -- if you had it seemingly randomly it should be fixed for you now
  • Some 3rd party camera apps may show unexpected behaviour - Instagram does not work

Dazzozo thanks, your ROM looks like a go-er.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest unaszplodrmann

thanks that's all I needed to know (rest of your reply is fascinating but OT).

Read few posts back and you'll find that the entire exchange would have been unnecessary, had you read Daz's explanation and resorted to the obvious temporary solution without expressing your terrible sadness at the state of software, which is offered to you without charge.

Guest Dazzozo

Right, the details of R2 are nailed down, we're just waiting on a little something else to be worked out (non-CM) before a release, and I need to pass a pre-release to someone for testing.

Right, the details of R2 are nailed down, we're just waiting on a little something else to be worked out (non-CM) before a release, and I need to pass a pre-release to someone for testing.

Always happy to help with testing. :)

Guest Dazzozo

Oh God, I probably shouldn't have said that. :P

No guys, we're waiting on a specific person with a particular "strain" of an issue.

Yes, the ROM updates will (should) be OTA, though I've never actually tested the mechanism so this should be fun. :D

Guest Miki Bakaiki

if i delete the apollo and install winamp, i will still have the dsp right ? that is an awesome EQ !! :)

I can delete some google apps, like talk and voice search, right ?

How do i change the themes ? where can i find themes ?

For now , i haven't had any issues... This looks so nice, Great work Daz!!

(sorry if this is already answered, and if it is, tell me where :) )

Edited by Miki Bakaiki

Guest edwardecl

I have a slight problem...

The WIFI MAC addresses on this ROM the same for every phone... I have two of these G300s connected to the same WIFI router, and as you can imagine is does not like it...

Is there any config file I can edit to change the WIFI MAC address?

Edited by edwardecl

Guest Dazzozo

Currently testing the OTA mechanism -- we had a bit of an issue but fortunately it only required a change on the back-end, which means it'll work from R1 with no changes as the client was configured fine.

I have a slight problem...

The WIFI MAC addresses on this ROM the same for every phone... I have two of these G300s connected to the same WIFI router, and as you can imagine is does not like it...

Is there any config file I can edit to change the WIFI MAC address?

That's fixed in R2.

Guest edwardecl

Awesome Daz... I would have just been happy hunting down the network config... but a proper fixed version is always better.

Have some more happy faces :-) :-)

Guest Dazzozo

Right, some deets.

You may know that CWM is part of CM (it can be built standalone but it is part of the CM build process), and the stuff we had for CWM in the device config a while back was pretty abysmal (it was totally neglected). When Fagulhas started working on CM with me he decided to pick up CWM first, and now we're in a completely different situation.

Since CM OTAs use CWM to flash, we can only really guarantee that they will work properly with our own CWM build, so we'll be releasing one shortly. It might work with other CWM 6 ports, it might work with CWM 5 ports but obviously as we decrease versions the chance of them working decreases. I have no idea what they're dependent on, I just know they work with our build.

The first issue that could come to mind is Google Apps not being preserved, which they are in our build. The second obviously being nothing works. :P

"Your Mileage May Vary", etc. Just a warning. :D