• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

2443 posts in this topic

Posted

Just had my first ever wifi freeze on this phone the very first time I enabled wifi. :(

Posted

Silly question: I am on Infusion B07, what is the best (or the one that works) backup app I should use in order to restore my apps and configurations after flashing this ROM?

Thanks!

Posted

you say "upgraded by the official ics process" i was using infusion and have just installed the most up to date stock rom, am i ok to go ahead and install?

Posted

Cyda, I had the same problem, but once the battery is removed and replaced, no problem, wifi not freeze over

Posted

Great work Daz!

Really Appreciate your work, and the ones that helped you!

Keep them coming :P

Posted

Gah my phone locked up when turning on wifi, now it locks up on the CM9 boot screen. Have I done something stupid?

I'll wipe cache and start again, see if I can get a logcat

Here's the logcat http://pastebin.com/r6Ex2eFf I can't see any mention of wifi, it just seems to lock up?

ok after leaving it for a bit it rebooted itself and now the wifi is working. odd.

How did you manage to turn it on again? I just get stuck in boot screen even after deleting cache.

Posted

Cyda, I had the same problem, but once the battery is removed and replaced, no problem, wifi not freeze over

Posted

Well I guess my next priority really is to push for hard Wi-Fi fixes. That seems to be hurting people the most.

Posted (edited)

Well I guess my next priority really is to push for hard Wi-Fi fixes. That seems to be hurting people the most.

Thanks Daz. I can't even get mine connected to my Wifi. It was a hidden network but I've tried broadcasting the SSID and changing channel but it still won't connect. It can see the router and I can add the password but it never connects. This is the same after a wipe and reinstall too.

Edited by Cyda

Posted (edited)

Yeah I've had wifi reboot once. Just going to train myself to keep it switched on. It's really not that big an issue. I'm so impressed.

Edit looks like other people have the wifi issue much worse than me

Edited by timfimjim

Posted

I have different issue with wifi. When I setup my email at startup my data connection is week, so I have to turn wifi on and it works well. When I try it later through market it doesn't work and when I reboot phone it hangs on boot animation. I flashed twice with full wipe and its the same.

Posted

Like others,my phone froze as i turned on wifi for the first time,battery pull and its ok and working now

Posted

Working absolutely fine for me, no issues, lovely and smooth.

Can somebody give a brief explanation of the history behind CM and why this is different/better than stick based rooms?

Posted

Just as a heads up. The install can appear to complete in cwm recovery then will freeze on logo after reboot. This is a CWM fart so reflashing the rom will allow full boot up.

Posted

Finally got mine connected to my wifi, it seems the MAC address had changed so my router was refusing it... doh! :blush:

At least now I can install all my apps and get up and running. :)

Posted

Awesome. All good here so far.

Quick question....

Best settings for performance and battery life? A happy medium, so to speak?

Posted

Finally got mine connected to my wifi, it seems the MAC address had changed so my router was refusing it... doh! :blush:

At least now I can install all my apps and get up and running. :)

Yeah, we've fixed the MAC address problem, we have to use a custom binary. The problem is determining when said binary should actually run :P

Posted

Current issues metioned in the 2n post say that "3rd party cameras might not work. Instagram does not work". Is instagram not working AT ALL or just the option of taking a picture using the application itself? Are you still able to open an already taken picture with Instagram and upload it?

Cheers and thanks a million for this ROM.

Posted

just posted a link to your OP on spanish language HTCMANIA forum.

Lots of G300 enthusiasts there. Some are also on here and have contributed.

The link is:

http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=490497

and only links to the page not directly to any download links on it.

Hope this is ok.

THANK YOU for your awesome work!

:)

Posted

Same for Portuguese androidPt.com:

Posted

Current issues metioned in the 2n post say that "3rd party cameras might not work. Instagram does not work". Is instagram not working AT ALL or just the option of taking a picture using the application itself? Are you still able to open an already taken picture with Instagram and upload it?

Cheers and thanks a million for this ROM.

Not sure, it was the 2nd time I'd heard of the issue in IRC and both times I've just heard "not working", so I can't be more specific than that. I would assume it's the camera in it.

Posted

Can somebody give a brief explanation of the history behind CM and why this is different/better than stick based rooms?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyanogenMod

Posted

Not sure, it was the 2nd time I'd heard of the issue in IRC and both times I've just heard "not working", so I can't be more specific than that. I would assume it's the camera in it.

Its the camera button that doesn't work. So no camera loads and also no option to load an existing photo.

Posted

Well, after trying for a long time, and unless the sporadic freezes (now, for me, much more controlled), I've to say it's amazing. Much smoother than the previous development version.

Very good job, Dazzozo. I love you! ♥

Posted

I'm loving it. Extremely smooth. No issues so far.

Excellent job!