[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Upayidance

Really nice looking rom! Just installed because i read that the 3G Reboot issue was solved with CM9(Confirmed yes? xD), which was the only reason I looked for a new rom, last one was tillaz infusion(also very good), but flopping around in settings and customization is just soo much easier and better on this! Built in torch <3<3<3, LOVE how it looks like an old tv shutting off when you press sleep xD, responsive screen.

I dont have to manualy install a kernel file right? (super noob!)

Thanks Dazzozozozozo, and all other people who helped this, hope the 3G reboots dont happen cuz then this really looks like PERFECT rom! :D

Guest dan nedan

People, please, dont disturb the devs with stupid questions... only report bugs.... the devs are doing the best for us... Help the devs to make the best rom from our ascend g300....

its not about disturbing here.

the relation devs-users is two-way relation: devs need users and users need devs, as well.

within the terms of this relation its all common sense only.

above all, here is a forum. according to all forum regulations in this world in any forums there is a need of communication. and that means expressing opinions like we all are doing here, no matter if it is stupid or brilliant!

sorry about this philosophy. its all mine!

Could we just stick to rom issues?

C'mon guys; why do we have to read everybody's philosophies instead of rom related stuff?

read the last few dozen posts for your answer

Guest Malthus

Yes! I have to say that I do believe we should have lower expectations/demands etc precisely because stuff is being freely given.

I couldn't disagree more. By that token then you have lower expectations of Android in comparison to iOS and Windows Phone then? I don't. More often than not I find open-source and freeware software to be superior to the commercial alternative and it seems quite insulting towards the people who develop free software to automatically assume it's going to be of lower quality.

Why assume that open source software should be as polished and "user friendly'' as it's proprietory counterparts.

That's not what I said at all, but nevertheless I stand by the opinion that you'd don't just adopt the attitude of "it's 'free' so you should be grateful for whatever you get and can't say anything remotely negative in case it hurts a developer's feelings", which is what some people here have been essentially saying.

Oftentimes a conscious effort is made to encourge user to be proactive about problem solving and generally increasing their aptitude

This has nothing whatsoever to do with open-source software and more to do with individual developers and the type of software we're discussing.

Likewise, the self-entitled who seek spoon feeding are quite often not given much thrift.

Again, like tcpaulh, you're using emotionally-loaded terminology to put a negative slant on perfectly acceptable behaviour. There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion on a piece of released software, even if it's negative. Well constructed negative feedback is often a lot more valuable than "great ROM!" one-liners. For the record, this is about people's attitude here in general, not just specifically about yaqh,

Guest tilal6991

My opinion on the issue:

While yaquh didn't do anything outrightly wrong by expressing his opinion multiple posts about the issue on the same topic and even opening a thread is not the way to go. You've reported it, you feel its an issue and the dev will take it on board or not - its up to Daz. I'm not going into the technical details behind HW acceleration as that would be a post in itself but the reason IMHO as a dev for ICS seeming to be slower that GB is the increased memory requirements and the lack of Project Butter like there is on jellybean.

Yauqh:

If you are dissatisfied with ICS go back to GB and wait for the JellyBean CM10. ICS will not get any better than the state it is in right now.

Guest tcpaulh

Malthus, I'm talking about Daz and saying we have absolutely no right to expect anything, let alone commercial level support. I'm not seeking to widen the argument to stuff that is paid for.

In any case Android does not stand alone freely in the ether. It is supplied on real hardware that we paid for. Commercial support is then something we are entitled to. It's completely different.

Guest dan nedan

Could we just stick to rom issues?

C'mon guys; why do we have to read everybody's philosophies instead of rom related stuff?

actually try reading between the lines...

just trying to stop this quarrel. sorry for bothering someone..

actually try reading between the lines...

just trying to stop this quarrel. sorry for bothering someone..

Yes, but the more you try to stop it, the bigger the quarrel gets. Obviously, Yaqh doesn't know when to stop, so rather than trying to stop it, just ignore him. Maybe he's just a forum 'Troll' who gets a kick out of pissing people off.

Edited by kyan31

Guest Davidoff59

Hey Dazzozo, thanks for CM9. Great work. Wifi freezes have been massively reduced in R2 and the touch screen responsiveness is on par if not better than Gingerbread. Love your work mate.

Bet you can't wait for the Nexus 4, and selling your G300. ;)

Guest tracasan

New bug: flash videos that used to play flawlessly before,have huge lag now. also flash player is unstable and html5 player doesn't work. Tested on chrome, Firefox, opera and stock browser

Edited by tracasan

Guest Dazzozo

New bug: flash videos that used to play flawlessly before,have huge lag now. also flash player is unstable and html5 player doesn't work. Tested on chrome, Firefox, opera and stock browser

should be fixed in R3

Guest Ludak021

ok, minor bug for me, don't know if it is even a bug: Sometimes when wi-fi is enabled (and has connection) signal and wifi icons appear grey instead of blue + updating weather on lock screen doesn't work (cannot refresh it). My home wi-fi router is just fine and internet access works fine on the phone.

edit: I do realize that this is amongst the very last things to be fixed, I am just putting it out there.

Edited by Ludak021

Guest flixblixclix

"Wind up knight" - this s the best and free game with good graphics,,,,,, but lags alot on my huawei. even though i freeup memory it does. anything which could improve this game on huawei..... as u guys already posted gta like such games.....

Guest unaszplodrmann

That's not what I said at all, but nevertheless I stand by the opinion that you'd don't just adopt the attitude of "it's 'free' so you should be grateful for whatever you get and can't say anything remotely negative in case it hurts a developer's feelings", which is what some people here have been essentially saying.

I hear you. Community-based Android development often seems like some weird hybrid between a forum for software development and a warez distribution network: Whilst there's no shortage of capable devs, there is also no shortage of numpties. But, you'd be mistaken if you think the smarter, capable developers out there don't take the postings of the lowest common denominator with a huge pinch of salt. You'll find that last week's pestering ingrate is usually next week's staunch champion and smiter of ingrates; they're two sides of one irrelevant coin.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with open-source software and more to do with individual developers and the type of software we're discussing.

You were the one to make reference to "open source software in general" and I was just responding to that remark. If this is all about levelling constructive criticism at particular individuals, the above sentence does seem a rather obtuse way of making a point.

Again, like tcpaulh, you're using emotionally-loaded terminology to put a negative slant on perfectly acceptable behaviour. There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion on a piece of released software, even if it's negative. Well constructed negative feedback is often a lot more valuable than "great ROM!" one-liners. For the record, this is about people's attitude here in general, not just specifically about yaqh,

And this is where our viewpoints diverge; I draw the line between constructive bug hunting and moaning before you do and I'll stand by that. Failing pertinent log output, a useful bug report includes a reasonably accurate description of the problem, relevant circumstantial info etc etc. More often than not, both those elements are missing. Ultimately I think both sides of the discussion are being led up a blind alley by those who make unconstructive posts on either side of the coin; it would be better if we actually just ignored them completely. When it comes to well constructed negative criticism, please be aware that the people you're arguing with here are often quick to present just such feedback.

Edited by unaszplodrmann

"Wind up knight" - this s the best and free game with good graphics,,,,,, but lags alot on my huawei. even though i freeup memory it does. anything which could improve this game on huawei..... as u guys already posted gta like such games.....
doesn't lag at all for me. It's one of Daz's faves too. Would suggest to me it's your setup.

Hy Dazzo! I found a bug....after 2-3 days on CM9 I now sometimes have a delay when I want to make a phone call. I tap the touchscreen to make a phone call and the phone starts diling afret 5-8 seconds. I reflashed the rom (full wipes) and still gatting the issue after a day or two.

Guest MrPuddington

Battery life is amazing. I just got 3 1/2 days out of a charge and still have 26% battery remaining. Ok, that is very occasional use, and WiFi and 3G are switched off most of the time to prevent apps (yes, Facebook, I am looking at you) from wasting my battery.

On the other hand, with WiFi on the battery drain is quite high, especially if the WiFi is busy. You can also feel the phone getting warm. But I think that is a hardware issue.

Edited by MrPuddington

Guest Ludak021

can we please not concreate on games, lets get the basic stuff working first. You can buy xbox360 for 150 and play real games (or buy ps3 whatever, not my intention to star console war here, mobile phone is not meantfor games, it;s a phone)