[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest flixblixclix

Prove me wrong?

Post #4 http://forums.androi...-all-night.html

Well they weren't very smart smartphones then.

Do you think it makes sense to stop charging something when it's full and then let it slowly discharge to a certain level brfore switching itself back on?

It is.

And that's why it does.

u didn't get me correctly... did i say i left my mobile plugged in even after its 1i00%...... i said, when i plugged out with 100% , in morning i see only 89% without any use as i was sleeping lol... now let me show the proof ... down...

post-977121-0-91442800-1353897435_thumb.post-977121-0-48602900-1353897442_thumb.post-977121-0-91563600-1353897445_thumb.post-977121-0-39928800-1353897451_thumb.

1st image = galaxy s2

2nd image= zte blade

3rd image= huawei ascend g300 - look the changes ... from 90 to 76 (its time too)

4th image = huawei ascend g300 - battery stats suddenly goes down

Edited by flixblixclix

Guest Mario_Cardoso

This is a result of adding the battery statistics. We have not changed mobile data at all in R3. The statistics simply weight mobile data much higher in battery usage than it actually is. The stats are there, but they're not necessarily right.

I'm having the drain issue in 3G too, but in R2. O didn't tried R3 yet.

Guest tcpaulh

fbc, in order to avoid damage, most (all?) phones have battery charging logic. They charge then back off. Constantly keeping 100% while on charge would significantly hasten your battery's demise. It would kill it.

The conceit is that it still shows 100 even if charging logic has stopped before then in order to keep your battery healthy. Then, when you unplug it there is a discrepancy in the mAh and it adjusts to the real % charged over a short period.

If you want to force it to 100% you can try:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/e6arj/help_my_battery_life_is_all_over_the_place/

Guest flixblixclix

fbc, in order to avoid damage, most (all?) phones have battery charging logic. They charge then back off. Constantly keeping 100% while on charge would significantly hasten your battery's demise. It would kill it.

The conceit is that it still shows 100 even if charging logic has stopped before then in order to keep your battery healthy. Then, when you unplug it there is a discrepancy in the mAh and it adjusts to the real % charged over a short period.

If you want to force it to 100% you can try:

http://www.reddit.co...over_the_place/

yeah this seems to be k....

but too many times i see on huawei ascend..... just only i see 46% but as i plugged to-- it suddenly goes to 56% .. is tat battery calculation error on R3 or whats tat...

could u see in my third image above. from 90 drops to 76 with in 3 minutes....wts tat

Edited by flixblixclix

To all those who have the battery drain, what happens if you boot into recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvic cache and then fix permissions? That something I have had before on my old phone was needing to do the wipes and permissions fix which stopped the battery drain magically. May help, may not, you don't lose anything if you do it's worth a try.

My battery has been great on R3. 20% discharged and 5 hours usage, 3g always on and some phone calls and texts. Really happy with that.

Also might be worth letting the battery run right down at least once and then fully charging, .

whats the fix permission for and is this perfomed after reboot?

Guest PaulMilbank

I don't know, it may just be a superstitious voodoo thing like wiping battery stats. I think the idea is that an app or service is running incorrectly due to bad permissions and fixing them in CWM recovery stops that happening and resolves any potential issues. Wiping cache and dalvic cache is another common fixit for everything. It does not hurt to do it, you don't lose anything, just that first boot takes longer. Just reboot to recovery, do all three and then boot and run as normal.

I don't know, it may just be a superstitious voodoo thing like wiping battery stats. I think the idea is that an app or service is running incorrectly due to bad permissions and fixing them in CWM recovery stops that happening and resolves any potential issues. Wiping cache and dalvic cache is another common fixit for everything. It does not hurt to do it, you don't lose anything, just that first boot takes longer. Just reboot to recovery, do all three and then boot and run as normal.

#

will try and see if it helps.thanks

Guest Frankish

Too many people worried about percentages and stats. Here's some facts for you.

I get through a work day (6 til 5) with about 70% battery left on this rom, on infusion, on stock+...

Just enjoy it don't worry

Too many people worried about percentages and stats. Here's some facts for you.

I get through a work day (6 til 5) with about 70% battery left on this rom, on infusion, on stock+...

Just enjoy it don't worry

ye sbut have you tried it with 3g turned on,see how it goes down?

Guest oldfella

the battery consumption with 3G turned on depends on signal strength - in my area I have a very weak 3G signal and a very strong 2G signal.

so I keep 3G turned off.

Guest notcosi

I am with giffgaff and cannot get the apn settings to save. It won't connect to the o2 setting obviuosly but when entering the settings it just will not save. Anyone else have this problem? I know the phone needs unlocking as it is still locked to vodafone and I have the code however I do not get a message to inout code anywhere.... very frustrating. Any ideas please?

Guest nsmacd1

Have just installed this but I have no file browser options, so I can't install any apk's or restore any apps from a backup - Is there an option to turn a file browser on, or any tips on how to install one when I can't get to the file?

(Or do I just have to install 1-by-1 through PlayStore?)

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest Dazzozo

Wi-Fi Direct doesn't work. Also I see there is AM/PM style setting in Status bar settings that do nothing.

Not Implemented Yetâ„¢

I don't think it's in stock, and we don't know yet if it's possible. All the tethering works, though. AM/PM switch works for me.

Guest intensedarkness

Wi-Fi Direct doesn't work. Also I see there is AM/PM style setting in Status bar settings that do nothing.

AM/PM settings working perfectly here.

- Use Gobackup pro.

- CWM factory reset.

- Format system.

- Flash CM9 again.

- Flash google apps again.

- Battery pull.

- Boot.

Guest intensedarkness

Have just installed this but I have no file browser options, so I can't install any apk's or restore any apps from a backup - Is there an option to turn a file browser on, or any tips on how to install one when I can't get to the file?

(Or do I just have to install 1-by-1 through PlayStore?)

ES file explorer from play store.

Get it.

Guest intensedarkness

With R2 i once (yesterday, i think) left 3g on for like the whole day and it rebooted about 3 or 4 times ... could it be some bug ?

It could be.

Just to be sure...

- Use Gobackup pro.

- CWM factory reset.

- Format system.

- Flash CM9 again.

- Flash google apps again.

- Battery pull.

- Boot.