[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Ludak021

How dare you! People on here don't help, they just complain! :P

The thing is - we don't know how! :( Most of us anyway. What is logcat and how do we use it and help you with it? (I assume it is a log entry from "something" that shows "something" ). I would be glad to help, I just don't know how :S

Guest peterck
Are you telling me that I am the only one who can't keep the phone online for more than a few minutes on 3G network?
yr not the only one or happens to me too. How do we fix everyone my every time am on the internet.

Maybe someone who is more experienced with logcats and stuff, could make a thread on how to use them.

It could be called, 'stop being a bitch and help the developers'...or something like that.

Guest unaszplodrmann

The thing is - we don't know how! :( Most of us anyway. What is logcat and how do we use it and help you with it? (I assume it is a log entry from "something" that shows "something" ). I would be glad to help, I just don't know how :S

Google is your friend. Not only do they provide you with a wonderful OS, they have great search facilities too:

Behold the power of Google!

Let me seee, the third link down is actually a logcat tutorial on XDA - perfect! Purely complaining is one thing, but then complaining about being 'unable' to contribute... ? /sadface

Main screen turn on. Come on guys, it even takes less time to Google logcat than it does to complain about it being a mystery here!

Maybe someone who is more experienced with logcats and stuff, could make a thread on how to use them.

What do you suggest? A tutorial on finding tutorials? :lol: Ultimately, lets just say that whilst the half-arsed complaints grow exponentially, the demonstrations of appreciation certainly do not.

Edited by unaszplodrmann

Guest shpibrazz

It could be called, 'stop being a bitch and help the developers'...or something like that.

Lol methinks it's not that complicated...just download logcat from market and start the service and when sheeeet happen it will be embedded in log.That log should be forwarded to Dazz...i'm i close? :D

Guest Dazzozo

I'm gonna downgrading to R3 ;)

You're basically just whining. No accurate description of the issue, just plain crying.

Are you going to stop being background noise in this thread?

Guest Dazzozo

Lol methinks it's not that complicated...just download logcat from market and start the service and when sheeeet happen it will be embedded in log.That log should be forwarded to Dazz...i'm i close? :D

That would get you a simple logcat. Most issues need more than that.

I do kinda agree with other people though. R3 seemed a little slicker than R5. But for some reason, I get higher Antutu scores on R5.

Oh, and I am using Nova launcher prime.

Edited by kyan31

Guest Ludak021

Google is your friend. Not only do they provide you with a wonderful OS, they have great search facilities too:

Behold the power of Google!

Let me seee, the third link down is actually a logcat tutorial on XDA - perfect! Purely complaining is one thing, but then complaining about being 'unable' to contribute... ? /sadface

Main screen turn on. Come on guys, it even takes less time to Google logcat than it does to complain about it being a mystery here!

What do you suggest? A tutorial on finding tutorials? :lol: Ultimately, lets just say that whilst the half-arsed complaints grow exponentially, the demonstrations of appreciation certainly do not.

I was not complaining, I was just saying that if something is expected from someone, someone should be directed to that something to be able to comply. Someone is less likely to do something if he/she doesn't know what to do and is not directed. In the end, it is easier to just say nothing OR bitch about something. ;)

So, to be more clear about this:

1. We don't know what logcat is because we didn't know that we need it. If we did know, we would google it. That was the point of my post since I personally don't have any issues with CM9 RCxx my logcat would be useless anyway.

2. If you want "bitching" + logcat from a bitcher - say so in OP. protip: you know how in PC games boards developers say "please post your dxdiag log along with your issue report. You can do that by bla bla bla" ? Well, that's how it is done. ;)

edit:

@Dazzozo:

Are you doing your testing (using the device) with trebuche launcher or some other launcher? I ask this because people that report R5 being slower use Nova Launcher instead.

Edited by Ludak021

Guest unaszplodrmann

I was not complaining

protip: you know how in PC games boards developers say "please post your dxdiag log along with your issue report. You can do that by bla bla bla" ? Well, that's how it is done. ;)

Ah now I see, you're making excuses for complaining. Even querying a problem, asking how one might trace it would be obviously be fine. Heres an amateur tip: Comparisons with the conventions of professional development, of commercial software, aren't worth a whole lot here.

Guest Ludak021

Ah now I see, you're making excuses for complaining. Even querying a problem, asking how one might trace it would be obviously be fine. Heres an amateur tip: Comparisons with the conventions of professional development, of commercial software, aren't worth a whole lot here.

yea, but the thing is, I wasn't complaining so you are dead wrong. Like I Said, I don't have any issues with CM9.

You are also wrong with placement of amateur protip because I don't really care. I am not the one who is potentially striving to be either amateur or professional. Professional devs are not born, they are made. Imagine if people here got into professional commercial work with attitude like that, from your protip...With attitude like that, even here, they can't really complain about users not providing proper feedback. That one sentence would make a whole world of difference (there would still be more users not reading and complaining anyway but hey, at least Dazzozo would have an excuse to say "no log - no help" )

asking how one might trace it would be obviously be fine

and again, I repeat: dev didn't ask us to trace so we didn't. IF he did, someone would ask how to trace if he/she didn't know how to. My first post on this issue was meant to incline that. Nothing more. You responded with "google it". That's just trolling me. I know how to google, that is beside the point. Even after all this dev just says that logcat wouldn't be enough and doesn't say what would be enough. I am afraid that as much as we would like to help - we cannot because we don't know what does he want from us.

That being said, I am out of this argument. You can say what you will, I have nothing else to add.

Edited by Ludak021

r1, r2 , r3 are eating my battery, really weird. I was not able to use more then 15 hours with one charge. Now I returned to new stock 952 and with display on for 5 hours and 10 minutes battery was drain after 24 hours :(.

Edited by vnv

Guest merchan

Everything is working fine on R5 as it was on R3. (Upgraded via OTA with cwm6) The only thing I notice that changed is the battery. It seems to last longer or is it just a display adjustment due to the removal of power profile?

By the way, many people set 1228Mhz as the stable point to overclock. I've got a reboot when was watching a video with software rendering using that frequency. I've set it to 1152Mhz and never had any reboot after.

Edited by merchan

Guest kawicant

Are you telling me that I am the only one who can't keep the phone online for more than a few minutes on 3G network?

Unfortunately, I have the same issue like Ovecka. When 3g network is turned on and screen is off after few minutes phone got reboot. Do anyone know how to fix it or what is the reason of this ? I have r5 version.

BR

Guest Miki Bakaiki

Unfortunately, I have the same issue like Ovecka. When 3g network is turned on and screen is off after few minutes phone got reboot. Do anyone know how to fix it or what is the reason of this ? I have r5 version.

BR

I've had that problem with R2 ... Now i'm with R5 and haven't tried it yet ...