[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Incredibly fluid. Stuff your Tutu ;-)

So true. Even in its current state (i.e. occasional wifi issues) it is without doubt the best rom for the G300. End of.

Edited by Cyda

Guest MrPuddington

The ROM is amazing - it feels very fast, and of course it has all the great features of CM. I have to see whether it also suffers from the memory leak and slow down over time, but my guess would be no, because that seemed to be a system issue specific to the Huawei ROM.

There are however two small niggles that I would like to bring up:

1) It is missing the APN setting for Ovivo, and others mentioned GiffGaff. Maybe a more recent APN list could be included?

2) If you install it, you have no file explorer (I thought CM includes EFS?) and no backup tool (Go Backup would be nice). So there is no way to install apps from the SD card - you have to get a file explorer from the market first. It would be more convenient to have at least a file explorer included.

And that's it, as I said this ROM is nearly perfect - and the best by far.

Guest craigysd

Great work dazz, gave this a try this morning. Works flawlessly, no problems with wifi or camera or even instagram.

Only problems I found was lettering on apps etc going weird now and then, also no video on bbc iplayer app and filmon app and flash videos in browser quite stuttery.

But overall best rom I've used on g300 . Cracking work fella :).

Guest Dazzozo
The ROM is amazing - it feels very fast, and of course it has all the great features of CM. I have to see whether it also suffers from the memory leak and slow down over time, but my guess would be no, because that seemed to be a system issue specific to the Huawei ROM.

There are however two small niggles that I would like to bring up:

1) It is missing the APN setting for Ovivo, and others mentioned GiffGaff. Maybe a more recent APN list could be included?

2) If you install it, you have no file explorer (I thought CM includes EFS?) and no backup tool (Go Backup would be nice). So there is no way to install apps from the SD card - you have to get a file explorer from the market first. It would be more convenient to have at least a file explorer included.

And that's it, as I said this ROM is nearly perfect - and the best by far.

No file manager and no updated APN list. Sorry, we're not changing CM.

It tells me no statistics are available, but that could just be because it's not been installed very long. Very smooth and responsive - definitely worth the wifi crash.

Guest Colossae3.23

and no backup tool (Go Backup would be nice)

I'm using Allbackup (the Huawei app). There is zip version on the Infusion op that you can flash with cwm

Guest wouterbeer

Wow, this is great! Thanks CM9 team for the hard work allowing it to work.

One bug I face (besides first time-WIFI freeze) is that apps are not installed on sdcard at default. In the options it said it would, but for example I just installed Opera Mini browser from the market and I had to move it manually afterwards?!

What was the max stable frquency that you could get? I'm now at 1300Mhz and it seems pretty stable, no reboots so far.

Only issue i've seen is when i click on the center button (the one that open the list with all the aplicccations) it takes a bit to respond. Besides that it's an awesome ROM!!!

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

What I've spotted:

1) while screen is on, I am receiving two same events per second, quite a lot I'd say - other cm9 devices does not do that:

E/Sensors ( 252): sensors_poll_context_t::pollEvents, line 202: receive event #### i=2, nb=0

2) on the first try - battery life is not that good, but acceptable

3) in the game Temple Run tilting the phone does not work perfect as in the stock ROM

4) while charging enabling wifi causes freezes - every time I did it it froze (Vodafone SIM)

Edited by ScutulatusCrotalus

Nope, says application not installed, same as the one I think I ripped from a ROM at some point. I guess it's because it's more integrated with the ROM or something

Guest TangerineTractor

Nope, says application not installed, same as the one I think I ripped from a ROM at some point. I guess it's because it's more integrated with the ROM or something

It installed on another rom that didn't have it. There must be, as you say, something at system level that's missing.

It installed on another rom that didn't have it. There must be, as you say, something at system level that's missing.

Normally radio apps tend to only work with stock roms for some reason. I think there is an radio app on the play store that works with none stock/asop roms.

Edit: Yeah, this is the one: https://play.google....rsmicros.fm_li

Edited by Cyda

Guest soulhand

2. Only restore apps and data for user apps. Do not restore ant system apps or system data.

Possibly a stupid question, but can I restore SMS messages? I would rather like to keep those...

Is there any way to get the FM radio on this ROM? I can never get the apk I have to install.

I can confirm that. The apk from the "huawei apps" thread does not work. Neither Allbackup.

I can confirm that. The apk from the "huawei apps" thread does not work. Neither Allbackup.

Allbackup does work. I restored my apps using it and it went just fine

Guest TangerineTractor

Possibly a stupid question, but can I restore SMS messages? I would rather like to keep those...

Only if you back them up before flashing. Use Go Backup from the infusiion thread.