[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Right, the B2G build is ready. We had some... "issues" with the zip. I've quietly hacked around them so all should be well. :P

Releasing when I manage to type a sufficient amount of words in to a new thread. :D

Guest andy/newbie

Right, the B2G build is ready. We had some... "issues" with the zip. I've quietly hacked around them so all should be well. :P

Releasing when I manage to type a sufficient amount of words in to a new thread. :D

Can not wait to try :)

If you mean setting for example a phone shortcut then select icon and choose system icon...this works fine for me no errors.

No problems with reboots after taking pictures here also none when switching 2g and 3g.

Are you both on clean installs? Before posting bugs it's really best to try and replicate the bug on a clean install with no apps or data restored. Just to be sure. I had issues after using OTA but none after a clean install.

I installed r1 on a completely clean install, then just done ota.

Might try a new clean install to see if it solves some of this problems.

Guest Frankish

I definitely would as some issues being reported I haven't had at all. I know daz has worked hard on providing OTA updates but I really do recommend a clean install with no data restored before reporting bugs :-)

Guest psivision

One more issue to an otherwise splendid ROM ... since I moved to CM9 .. poweroff seems not to work?! That is - I usually connect my charger to the phone and power off overnight... with CM9 the phone starts up all by itself after a few minutes of being "off" ...

I've not tried keeping it "off" without a charger for any extended period so maybe it is related to the charger being connected. The charger is the dumb wall socket one, not a USB charger from a PC.

Hi all

I've installed the rom as i was tired of the stock 934 being laggy. I'm very happy with it so far and installation went smoothly - 1st time too.

I had backed up my phone using Huawei's own Allbackup - i realise now i should have used Titanium.

Syncing with google did't bring up my wifi settings & passwords (which is pretty much what i was mainly interested in keeping) and from what I see it appears that they are kept as long as one is on the same rom - please correct me if i'm wrong.

I've tried looking for allbackup apk but it fails to install - i'm not sure if i need a specific version of it, i've tried both i could find + the apk saved on my backup folder to no success.

Is there anyway i can restore wifi settings from my Allbackup backup without having to change back to stock rom and back to Cyanogen?

thanks in advance for looking.

Guest BillBong

I've got an annoying problem on mine with a duplicated contacts list. I think I did a manual backup/restore and it's also synced through my google account so every contact is showing twice. If I delete all contacts on the phone, will this wipe out the contacts on my google account as well, or will I be able to re-sync so I just have one list?

Guest doveman

Got no web access (over wi-fi) today via the normal Browser. Orweb connected but showed that I was not connected by Tor and Orbot wouldn't load and just showed a blank screen.

Did a reboot and Accuweather on the Home screen is stuck on Loading but Browser and Orbot are working again, although Orweb shows not using Tor again even after toggling Orbot off and on.

EDIT: Now all the font is messed up and the text under apps on Home is unreadable and when Locking the desktop (Holo HD), the Yes/No options are unreadable as well. Killing Holo HD fixed that. I killed Accuweather as well as that still just said Loading and removed the Widget. Loading the App works but trying to re-add the Widget it says No Connection. Switched to wetter for now which is working OK.

Edited by doveman

Guest daivatam

Hello!

I experience a nasty problem...my whole batch of phone numbers from phone dissapear now and then and i need to restore the numbers from back-up file. I could do anything to solve this problem?

Also the wheater winget huawei original it is not working, and the camera in movie mode recording has random crashing.

Some random restarts.

Edited by daivatam

hello! does anyone have a problem with the sound when having a phone call. for me some times i'm talking for a few secontd (some time minnutes) and suddnely the volume changes...it's very loud and unclear.

what can i do to solve this? Thx

Guest darthmaul88

I have noticed that for me the 3g reboot only happens when the screen is off. If I keep the data on and screen on, it does not restart even if I am on the move and mods are switching between 2g and 3g because of the coverage.

Edited by darthmaul88

no really ;)

this is a bad one :(

even people on forums talking about the new G330

german androidhilfeforum.de

are suffering from the same problems.

a weird combination of ICS kernel and G300/330 hardware I suppose?

reportedly does not happen on GingerBread (different kernel)

sorry to be of no help at all, for the time being ...

I just keep it on 2G most of the time and thus escape reboots ...

most of the time ;)

Edited by KaterM

Guest cpw1959
Hmm, second random reboot today on R5 :-(, both in standby, phone alone on table. (clocks 300/1190, stable on Infusion)

Same here,two random reboots today for no apparent reason,thought it may have something to do with being out in the cold,but seems a bit like "clutching at straws" With me looking for any excuse,other than that loving this ROM.

Guest Colossae3.23

Settings/storage, then menu key, usb connections, then make your choice

But to be honest you can keep it as it is to move files. It works for me in MTP mode and you don't need to worry about mounting and dismounting ;-)

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest thebuell

Settings/storage, then menu key, usb connections, then make your choice

But to be honest you can keep it as it is to move files. It works for me in MTP mode and you don't need to worry about mounting and dismounting ;-)

Ah, didn't know the menu key worked, cheers for that. I need to install mtp for fuse if I want to use MTP and can't be bothered to do that just to get files copied onto the SD card.

Besides, for one or two files that needs copying, I just use ADB pull/push :)