[Mod] Link2Int v1.1 - [Use 2GB internal as app storage - tested with CM9/CM10/CM10.1] 03/12

Guest Cyda

Guest terry.n

When doing a CWM backup, I get the message 'No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext'. Just a bit confused - does this mean the internal 2G is not being backed up? TIA.

When doing a CWM backup, I get the message 'No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext'. Just a bit confused - does this mean the internal 2G is not being backed up? TIA.

The sd-ext that CWM is looking for would be a 2nd partition on your removable sdcard. In CWM the internal storage is mounted as /datadata or /emmc depending on which version of CWM you use. Either way, the internal storage normally gets backup & restored during a nandroid.

The sd-ext that CWM is looking for would be a 2nd partition on your removable sdcard. In CWM the internal storage is mounted as /datadata or /emmc depending on which version of CWM you use. Either way, the internal storage normally gets backup & restored during a nandroid.

Just a bit more info on this subject. It seems the new CWM v6 does not backup the 2GB internal storage. So if you want to have that backed-up and restored with your nandroids you need to be using v5 or v4, as only these version backup this partition.

If you do wish to have the internal partition backed-up I would recommend this version of CWM by Kra1o5

Edited by Cyda

Guest tyrol_gangster

with this MOD, in Link2SD does it matter if I have 'Auto link' checked and what do I set under Native APP2SD location? I have auto link ON and location automatic, but have a feeling from the storage info space used that the tool is linking my newly installed apps to the external SD card, rather than the 2GB? ignore me, long day .-)

Edited by tyrol_gangster

Auto link works fine, use it if you prefer, I do. As for Native APP2SD settings just leave them alone, the mod sets everything up on install. If you try to change those settings manually you will probably break the mount point and need to reinstall the mod.

The only thing you should need to do is listed in the first post. Apart from that, set auto link at your preference.

The storage info in Link2SD will look like this once everything is setup correctly,

post-923750-0-10896600-1353712532_thumb.

Edited by Cyda

I get this error, and my backups never restore afterwards. I don't want or need the internal backup, but I seem to get the error no matter which version of CWM I use :-( Sorry for the OT.

I get this error, and my backups never restore afterwards. I don't want or need the internal backup, but I seem to get the error no matter which version of CWM I use :-( Sorry for the OT.

The 'no sd-ext found' message means CWM didn't find a 2nd partition to backup on your sdcard (i.e. such as the ext2/3/4 partitions that you can create for use with Link2SD or other apps). You'll see that message with or without this mod, and also on numerous CWM versions across different phones.

Basically, you will always see that message unless you specifically set up a second partition on your sdcard.

Edited by Cyda

If I just want to fix the storage swap bug then do I just flash the Link2Int-CWM file and leave it at that, or do I then have to open the app once installed and set auto-link?

Sorry if its a dumb question!

This mod won't fix the storage bug, sorry. It only allows you to use the 2gb partition for app storage.

Ah ok. I assumed it fixed it as Tillaz is redirecting people here if they have the storage bug with Infusion.

From my experience the only thing that fixes it is either a full format of the sdcard in Windows or a new sdcard. I don't why this is the case but those are the only things that seem to work, and in all honesty even those might not work for everyone.

From my experience the only thing that fixes it is either a full format of the sdcard in Windows or a new sdcard. I don't why this is the case but those are the only things that seem to work, and in all honesty even those might not work for everyone.

What settings do you use when doing a full format in Windows?

I don't want to change kernel. I like this stock 952.

The kernel above is far better than the stock one, trust me. But if you do choose to stay with the stock kernel you won't have init.d support and this mod won't work.

Edit: Oh, and for the record, the B952 update didn't change the boot.img, so you are actually using stock B944 kernel/boot.img.

Edited by Cyda

Guest Dellboy2012

ok. thanks, I just didn't want to mess it, like getting battery drain or other weird sh.t happening after modding. Thanks again.

I tried this kernel with no luck, still doesn't work.

Edited by Dellboy2012

Guest unaszplodrmann

You could avoid the need for the zip to be reapplied after an OTA upgrade by relocating the initscript to /data/local/userinit.d/, which is checked by /etc/init.d/90userinit in CM9. Is there a particular reason why you have script installed to the system partition?

You could avoid the need for the zip to be reapplied after an OTA upgrade by relocating the initscript to /data/local/userinit.d/, which is checked by /etc/init.d/90userinit in CM9. Is there a particular reason why you have script installed to the system partition?

Because not all init.d iterations support /data/local. If I was writing this purely for CM9 then yes I could change to that path but this is also used with stock roms using custom kernels, and I don't know of any that exec /data/local/userinit.d/*.

Guest unaszplodrmann

Because not all init.d iterations support /data/local. If I was writing this purely for CM9 then yes I could change to that path but this is also used with stock roms using custom kernels, and I don't know of any that exec /data/local/userinit.d/*.

I see. You could however add the 90userinit initscript from CM9 to the .zip in order to add compatibilty elsewhere...