[Mod] Link2Int v1.1 - [Use 2GB internal as app storage - tested with CM9/CM10/CM10.1] 03/12

Guest Cyda

Hi Cyda.

Great Job for us owners of this phone.

I'm traying install this mod on the Lightning ROm but i can't.

Give always the error /data/extsd2 mount not found.

It's any way to fix this error?

Tks in advance.

Try this version below, it might work if the rom is stock based with no init.d support.

Right, I've done a new version that should work you. It uses the install-recovery.sh method to run the mount script as I used in Int2sdext so should work on any stock rom regardless of boot.img/kernel.

Link2IntForStockRoms-CWM.zip

Guest pobesneli_max

Try this version below, it might work if the rom is stock based with no init.d support.

what about removal file for this one?

non of your mods works with baidu chinese rom :(((

Edited by pobesneli_max

Lightning has init.d support, so I don't know what his problem is :blink:

I'm using this right now on lightning, so it definitely works.

Guest pobesneli_max

i am glad 4 u, but i am using baidu rom, not ligthting =D

Guest mr_mufy

I also don't now...

I will try the last version.

But it definit doesn't work with me.

Does any one have the lightning rom with this mod?

Does any one have the lightning rom with this mod?

The guy you just quoted is the developer of the rom and he says he is using this mod with it without a problem.

Guest nsmacd1

Is it possible to get this working on the MariDroi-M1 ROM, as it reports an error when trying to link apps - '/sdext2 mount not found'

Sussed it - an uninstall and reinstall did the trick!

Edited by nsmacd1

Those speeds might be different once you get the card in the phone, mine were from when I tested mine on PC on buying it.

As for the 750mb partition it is already used by all roms; it is the /data partition on your phone.

Possibly dumb question :blush: but ... as mentioned/asked here

http://www.modaco.co...y-partions-why/

[why] is it not possible to combine the 2GB and 750MB into a single 2.7GB data partition?

Also - does anybody know the hardware specs of the G300 or phones in general with it comes to internal and "external" (microSD) flash? I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that internal flash is sometimes (often?) eMMC while access to an external sd may be via SPI and thus the former may be faster than the latter even with a high class sd card? Is there any substance to this?

Edited by dalyer

Possibly dumb question :blush: but ... as mentioned/asked here

http://www.modaco.co...y-partions-why/

[why] is it not possible to combine the 2GB and 750MB into a single 2.7GB data partition?

Also - does anybody know the hardware specs of the G300 or phones in general with it comes to internal and "external" (microSD) flash? I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that internal flash is sometimes (often?) eMMC while access to an external sd may be via SPI and thus the former may be faster than the latter even with a high class sd card? Is there any substance to this?

It probably is possible to combine them given the right tools but no one has managed to do it yet. There was a thread about it here somewhere.

As for the storage speeds, I benchmarked the internal storage (/emmc) and external sdcard, and my Class 10 Samsung sdcard was faster.

Thanks Cyda - I'll try to find that thread about combining the internal flash into a single partition. And thanks for the info about the storage benchmarking.

Edit: this might be the thread in question?

Edited by dalyer

Guest pickarooney

I'm using Cyanogen 9.1 and in the 2GB external partition I have a number of folders. Only the Download folder and the n7player folder have any content. I'm not sure if it's safe to install this as it stands or if there's some way of moving the folders to another partition (e.g. on the sd card)

I'm using Cyanogen 9.1 and in the 2GB external partition I have a number of folders. Only the Download folder and the n7player folder have any content. I'm not sure if it's safe to install this as it stands or if there's some way of moving the folders to another partition (e.g. on the sd card)

Just move the folders to your sdcard with a file manager such as ES File explorer before installing and then you are sure you don't lose anything.

Did you ever run the phone with no "external" micro sdcard installed? In that case I believe that the internal 2gb partition is used as an "internal sdcard". If you ever did this and installed/ran the relevant apps then perhaps these folders are hangovers from that time? I presume that you DO have an "external" micro sdcard installed now?

Guest pickarooney

I've always had an external SD card although on a couple of occasions it has become 'lost' temporarily.

I'm not sure what will happen my downloads in future but I'll give it a lash

Guest moochermick

a noob question:)....if i flash this mod my sd will be usable?or it will merge with the internal as a single partition?

its seperate shows as sdext2.