[Mod] Link2Int v1.1 - [Use 2GB internal as app storage - tested with CM9/CM10/CM10.1] 03/12

Guest Cyda

I've not been having any luck getting this to work, but before I give up, here's what I've done in case anyone can spot any problems:

- Kyan's Lightning ROM

- Paul's 308 Kernel

- CWM v.6.0.1.2

- Unpartitioned 16GB SD card

- I first tried just flashing the Link2Int zip. It installed Link2SD, but when I open Link2SD, the 'Create Link' button is greyed out.

- I used the Link2Int-removal zip and re-tried. No difference.

- I tried the Link2Int for Stock zip. No difference.

- I've tried unmounting and remounting the system in CWM (Which appears to be unmounted by default. After I mount it, it can't be unmounted again - it produces an error.) This looked like it was going to work as I got an 'Android is Updating' message during bootup. However, the 'Create Link' button was still greyed out.

If anyone can see anything wrong in the above, I'm all ears. Thanks.

It shouldn't be that hard to get this up and running. Does that Kernel version support init.d? I know the earlier version did but not sure about the latest. If it doesn't then it will stop this working.

Ask Kyan, last I heard he used this mod with his rom so should be able to give you some pointers.

Thanks Cyda - I saw that Kyan was using this successfully on his ROM, but I've no idea which kernel he's using or whether Paul's latest 308 offering has init.d support. Off to ask Kyan...

Thanks Cyda - I saw that Kyan was using this successfully on his ROM, but I've no idea which kernel he's using or whether Paul's latest 308 offering has init.d support. Off to ask Kyan...

The 308 kernel original post suggests that it has iint.d support:

Thanks to:

...Cyda for Init.d support

As far as I can see CronMod uses /sd-ext so presumably you'd need to somehow make sure that the internal 2GB "sdcard" (/dev/block/mmcblk0p19) was mounted as /sd-ext? Not sure if that's simply a change to the CronMod scripts? Or this thread might be relevant?

Edited by dalyer

Guest Koplinjp

As far as I can see CronMod uses /sd-ext so presumably you'd need to somehow make sure that the internal 2GB "sdcard" (/dev/block/mmcblk0p19) was mounted as /sd-ext? Not sure if that's simply a change to the CronMod scripts? Or this thread might be relevant?

http://www.modaco.co...le-s2e-in-g300/

I didn´t saw this thread you're linked to me... I'll give a good look at it and will tell you guys something later... Tanks...

Well, by doing that, the phone works without the link2sd app.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1716124

I use this a lot um some Samsung gio's for instante, but this phone haven't got 2 GB internal... Can someone help me?

Using a CronMod style script moves your /data to a different partition, I use it on my old Vega to replace the limited on board storage with a linked ext4 partition on a class 10 sdcard, and it works well. But part of the reason it works well is because you can edit the partition table on the Vega and re-allocate the space from the old partition to /system or /cache.

Now in the context of the G300 this wouldn't work so well because, whilst you could use a CronMod script to relocate /data to the internal 2GB partition, you would be wasting the original 750MB /data partition space due to the fact that we currently have no way to edit the G300 partition table and re-allocate that space to anywhere useful, 750MB is a lot of space to waste, IMO. With the Link2Int mod you get to use both the 750MB and 2GB partitions for app storage.

Edited by Cyda

Hi Cyda.

Can you mod ur app to the Rom Baidu?

I've never used that rom so I've no idea why it wouldn't work. This mod should work with any rom that has init.d support so have you tried adding one of the Kernels with init.d support to the rom? That should be all you really need to do to get it work. Oh, and be sure to have busybox installed (get the busybox installer from Play).

Edited by Cyda

Sorry to bombard this thread, but I just wanted users to know that Lightning ROM now has full init.d support, so if this mod wasn't working before, it should work now.

Using a CronMod style script moves your /data to a different partition, I use it on my old Vega to replace the limited on board storage with a linked ext4 partition on a class 10 sdcard, and it works well. But part of the reason it works well is because you can edit the partition table on the Vega and re-allocate the space from the old partition to /system or /cache.

Now in the context of the G300 this wouldn't work so well because, whilst you could use a CronMod script to relocate /data to the internal 2GB partition, you would be wasting the original 750MB /data partition space due to the fact that we currently have no way to edit the G300 partition table and re-allocate that space to anywhere useful, 750MB is a lot of space to waste, IMO. With the Link2Int mod you get to use both the 750MB and 2GB partitions for app storage.

Thanks for that explanation Cyda.

Cyda, I have a problem with Link2int and my Lightning ROM. For some reason, my ROM does not create the file 'mmcblk1p2' in the /dev/block folder, so Link2int does not work. Here is a screenshot:

post-969101-0-23805700-1360276803_thumb.

Any idea on how to add the mmcblk1p2 file to my ROM? Thanks in advance :)

Edited by kyan31

What you are referring to is not a file, its a partition. And off the top of my head I don't know which it is (I've just formatted my PC and don't have adb or anything installed atm) but it is nothing to do with this mod.

This mod uses /dev/block/mmcblk0p19 (i.e. the 2GB internal storage) and makes no reference at all to the partition at mmcblk1p2.

If I had to guess I would say you are either using a different script, such as the one posted here rather than the one in this mod, or you used the re-create mount scripts option in link2sd and replaced my modded script with the default one for secondary partitions on external sdcards. Either way re-installing this mod should fix it by putting the correct mount scripts in place.

Edit: Just an after thought; also make sure your rom has busybox installed. Init.d support needs it to work.

Edited by Cyda

• 4 weeks later...
Guest trampas62

I tried Link2Int 1.1 (the zip in post #1) on my Huawei G300 with stock firmware 944 and the kernel from post #44. It didn't work even though I later installed busybox from Play. After I uninstalled Link2Int (the uninstall zip) I noticed that the pretend CD for the 'mobile partner' partition did not show up on connecting to my PC. Instead, I got a new drive that needed formatting - which I did not do of course. Is there any way to get the 'mobile partner' back as it was? The 2GB internal SD I am now using for a spare TWRP backup etc. so I don't need Link2Int.

Edit: After more investigation it may be that the new kernel has turned off autorun for the autorun.iso file in /system/cdrom. I have posted in that topic and wait to hear.

Edited by trampas62

Guest dalyer

I have link2int installed via Stock+ R4. Play Store is offering me an update to link2sd. Is it safe to install this or will it cause any problem with link2int functionality? E.g. might it overwrite the link2int script or config with the original link2sd version?

I have link2int installed via Stock+ R4. Play Store is offering me an update to link2sd. Is it safe to install this or will it cause any problem with link2int functionality? E.g. might it overwrite the link2int script or config with the original link2sd version?

You can update Link2SD app normally, it should be fine.

Guest irishpancake

You can update Link2SD app normally, it should be fine.

Hi guys.

Can I just ask, in relation to the version of Link2SD installed by Link2Int, which is V 2.2.3.

Would/should I automatically be offered the Play update, which is available, V 2.3.?

Play does not show Link2SD as installed, so if I install the latest version, will it keep my settings, which is basically all user apps, except Link2SD, on Internal SD?

BTW, I flashed this earlier today, and it worked fantastically, no problems whatsoever, even with several re-boots, so it works really well.

Congrats Cyda, both on the Stock+ ROM, and this mod. :)

[My wife is eternally grateful, perhaps I will tell her some day!!!!]

Edited by irishpancake

Guest irishpancake

It is strange that Play doesn't show Link2SD as installed I'm sure it normally does but either way you should be fine to update via Play.

So, I went onto Play on the lappy and installed Link2SD.....and low and behold on the phone it said Link2SD updated!!!

Now it shows, both on Play on phone and on lappy, and seems OK...

thanks again Cyda