• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can't boot into Clockwork Mod *super confused*

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys,

My current predicament is a complete enigma to me, basically I can't boot into CWM recovery. I've tried everthing to get into it, volume+ and home key etc. it just hangs on the android logo (which is distorted) with the red light. I've also tried rebooting into recovery from my homescreen and tried using a few different reboot apps from the market.

I'm not sure what's caused this, the last thing i flashed was the Bravia engine hack for skate.

It boots up normally and the phone works perfectly, i just can't get into CWMR, another thing is when it boots either normally or when i attempt to access recovery, the android logo is off to the right of the screen and there looks to be a thin line of distortion across the top of the screen.

I'm currently running P.A. ICS, i've only just noticed it this evening as an update came out for Paranoid.

Would system resetting work?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Posted

Try Volume Down and Menu (middle button)

Posted

Try re-flashing recovery using adb, maybe?

Posted

@utternoob Thanks man, but that wasn't succesful unfortunately :(

@HeikoH Sorry to be annoying, is there a guide you can link me to?

Posted

Thanks man, much obliged. The Android logo thing is bizzare, hopefully there's someone out there who has an idea.

Posted (edited)

HeikoH, your a genius, it took me a while but i've sorted it, i flashed through ADB didn't think it worked but it did :D :D :D :D

Edited by SPARL_

Posted

So no more distorted logos and it boots into ClockWorkMod just fine?

Posted

Well the logo is still distorted still not figured out the cause of that, but it boots to CWM perfectly now.

Posted

I have the same case please can any body help me out too..please

E-mail me to [email protected]

Posted

I am waiting for your help please.

Posted

I have the same case please can any body help me out too..please

E-mail me to [email protected]

Do the same thing he did?

If you're sure you can't boot into CWM via power+home+volume up, just reflash the recovery via fastboot.

Posted

One thing I should mention, make sure you don't have a tpt image file on your sd card as this can cause problems with accessing cwm.

Posted

Or just make tpt flash ^^

Posted

I meant if you don't delete it after repartitioning.