MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[MOD] [CM9] Support for PDroid in CyanogenMod 9 for the G300

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here are some packages that add/remove support for [url="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.privacy.pdroid"]PDroid[/url] to [url="http://www.modaco.com/topic/359115-ics-cm9-404-cyanogenmod-9-for-the-huawei-ascend-g300-rom-last-updated-1311/"]CyanogenMod 9[/url] for the Huawei Ascend G300.

[b]These should only be applied against version [color=#008000]R9[/color] from the 17/2/2013.[/b] If you damage your CM installation by applying them to the wrong version, then it sucks to be you.

[url="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4942645/pdroid-g300-cm9/red-r9.zip"][color=#ff0000]red.zip[/color][/url] || [url="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4942645/pdroid-g300-cm9/blue-r9.zip"][color=#0000ff]blue.zip[/color][/url]

The red.zip will add support for PDroid to your CM installation, whilst the blue.zip can be used to restore the original, unmodified files, whereby removing support for PDroid. Edited by unaszplodrmann

Posted · Report post

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Posted · Report post

Nice. Thanks for this.

Posted · Report post

Sorry noob here. Which do I flash first?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='grizzlyflea' timestamp='1352928953' post='2052922']
Sorry noob here. Which do I flash first?
[/quote]

Perhaps I need to clarify. The update.zip adds support for PDroid, whilst the restore.zip removes support for PDroid.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='unaszplodrmann' timestamp='1352929110' post='2052926']
Perhaps I need to clarify. The update.zip adds support for PDroid, whilst the restore.zip removes support for PDroid.
[/quote]
Should have gone with red.zip and blue.zip. ;)

Posted · Report post

I hope I am not an utter fool. Anyway I've been using LBE privacy guard, also right now on cm9, to manage the permissions. Looking to the description of pdroid app in the play store I'm not sure what the differences are? LBE seems to does it job?

[quote name='wouterbeer' timestamp='1352930285' post='2052933']
I hope I am not an utter fool. Anyway I've been using LBE privacy guard, also right now on cm9, to manage the permissions. Looking to the description of pdroid app in the play store I'm not sure what the differences are? LBE seems to does it job?
[/quote]

It does the same job, but not in the same way. Because PDroid does not run as a service, unlike LBE, it does not occupy precious space in RAM and therefore will also not cause problems if killed by Android's task manager. And apps will not complain when blocked, unlike with some apps and LBE. Other than that, it allows somewhat more granular control and, importantly for some, it is open source, whereas LBE is not.

PDroid is superior, but LBE is easier to get up and running; that's where these zips come in handy... Edited by unaszplodrmann

Posted · Report post

Thanks, I will give it a try. One more question, when there is an OTA available, before updating cm 9, should I flash the restore? Or is the update/wipe enough..

Posted · Report post

[quote name='wouterbeer' timestamp='1352931385' post='2052948']
Thanks, I will give it a try. One more question, when there is an OTA available, before updating cm 9, should I flash the restore? Or is the update/wipe enough..
[/quote]

An OTA update will overwrite the modified files, breaking support for PDroid. If the files that require modification in order to support PDroid do not change between one OTA update and the next, the update.zip for the previous release could be reapplied. [b]BUT[/b], if you don't know whether these files have changed between between versions, you're playing russian roulette, hence the cautionary message in the opening post.

[quote name='Cyda' timestamp='1352929854' post='2052930']
Should have gone with red.zip and blue.zip. ;)
[/quote]

Very droll, Misterr Aanderrrson. ;) Yeah, the first think I did was set Google Play Services to receive arbitrary values :ninja: :rolleyes:

[quote name='unaszplodrmann' timestamp='1352933312' post='2052959']
Yeah, the first think I did was set Google Play Services to receive arbitrary values :ninja: :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Hah! I hope you had your foil hat on while doing so! :P

/back on topic: working well here; all apps vetted and mostly fed random values. All hail paranoia. :ph34r: Edited by Cyda

Posted · Report post

[quote name='unaszplodrmann' timestamp='1352933312' post='2052959'][b]BUT[/b], if you don't know whether these files have changed between between versions, you're playing russian roulette, hence the cautionary message in the opening post.[/quote]

Let's say I do not wanna play that dangerous Russian game you were talking about. What do you think?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='wouterbeer' timestamp='1353165640' post='2054184']
Let's say I do not wanna play that dangerous Russian game you were talking about. What do you think?
[/quote]

You've made the right choice, in this instance. Updated packages are uploading now; check the OP soon.

Posted · Report post

Thanks. Now just taking the red pill :P

Posted · Report post

Hm. Flashed the zip. Installed Pdroid again from market. First time run gives error: pdroid not working yet on ICS.

[quote name='wouterbeer' timestamp='1353168353' post='2054214']
Hm. Flashed the zip. Installed Pdroid again from market. First time run gives error: pdroid not working yet on ICS.
[/quote]

Looking into it now.

Edit: It appears the new CWM is not handling the .zip correctly. I pushed the modified file via ADB instead. Sorry, there's no quick fix; you're just gonna have to wait. Edited by unaszplodrmann

Posted · Report post

[quote name='unaszplodrmann' timestamp='1353168897' post='2054217']
Looking into it now.

Edit: It appears the new CWM is not handling the .zip correctly. I pushed the modified file via ADB instead. Sorry, there's no quick fix; you're just gonna have to wait.
[/quote]
Might be the same that is happening with my Link2Int mod. It seems the new CWM doesn't mount system correctly when flashing the zips. Try this, boot to CWM go to Mounts and Storage > unmount /system and then mount /system. Then go and flash the zip as normal, this worked for my mod I'd guess it should work for this.

Posted · Report post

Its the same issue, yeah. The quickest way to workaround is to 'adb remount' before applying the .zip, assuming the user has the SDK.

Posted · Report post

It worked for me after flashing the zip several times. If it takes 0.5 seconds it didnt work, but if it takes 2seconds then it's ok.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Cyda' timestamp='1353171335' post='2054232']
Try this, boot to CWM go to Mounts and Storage > unmount /system and then mount /system. Then go and flash the zip as normal, this worked for my mod I'd guess it should work for this.
[/quote]

I can confirm, this did the job at once. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

is this compatible with ics as someone on market said they aren't upgrading to ics until pdroid is compatible

Posted · Report post

...but it's being used for CM9 right here?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Davidoff59' timestamp='1353177265' post='2054296']
is this compatible with ics as someone on market said they aren't upgrading to ics until pdroid is compatible
[/quote]

So, it's not compatible with ICS, as they say themselves But the fix presented here enables it for use with CM9.

[quote name='Davidoff59' timestamp='1353177265' post='2054296']
[/quote]

People "on the market" say a lot of things ;) AOSP 4.0.x can be patched for PDroid (v1) support, specifically /system/framework/{core,framework,services}.jar, but if you try to apply either the 'red.zip' or the 'blue.zip' to stock G300 firmware, you're gonna bork it. Edited by unaszplodrmann

Posted · Report post

Install went fine for me. didn't use any setting yet as assassins creed 3 is taking up my time