Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aradalienz

Something interesting i came across about imei and yoigo b955 offical stock

6 posts in this topic

As we all know if you do the imei hack you have to redo your imei after every custom rom installed,

Yesterday i installed official yoigo b944 and redid my imei with DFS cdma i have installed 3 different

roms since then and my imei hasn changed its become permanent again, it worked for me maybe it

will work for you <_<

Can a mod change the title to b944 thx

Edited by Aradalienz

My imei stays when flashing different custom rom. I used IMEI hack to unlock.

So if i went back to official rom it would revert to 0 ?

hmh i have never bothered with imei.. :P

oh yes,i made backup of it when i was rooting my device for the first time,i was following one of the guides (hope i wont have to bless gods for this in the future :D)

since that time,i flashed infusion(many versions),stock+,cm9,cm10 and i maybe have forgotten sth, but never had to do anything with imei...

imo this thing is useful when you change base(i was used to call it radio),between gb/ics(jb) respectively...

just my experience and opinion..sure, can be wrong ;)

edit:i forgot mension last thing, even after running force update with stock 934 ics (i wanted to enable logcat, what i didnt know it was needed :D) there was no need for me to do anything with imei..

Edited by j4r0l

My imei stays when flashing different custom rom. I used IMEI hack to unlock.

Of course it dose, because custom ROMs do not affect the radio (or baseband) firmware. But flashing an official ROM - that is the big question. As far as I understand, all full updates rewrite the radio firmware.

Ahh i understand what you mean now mrpuddington so for example if baseband 2050 for example would be a totally new baseband and there imei perm again.