• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Serial number corrupted help!

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Somehow my serial number has been corrupted and i need to take my phone in for repairs is there any way to recover it ?

Thx in advance.

Posted

Serial Number? Do you mean your IMEI?

Posted

No the actual serial number of the phone is corrupt is different to the imei number.

Posted

I see, well Im not entirely sure how a serial number can become corrupt. Have you flashed any roms on it or rooted your phone then had a bit of a mess around?

Posted

Yes it got corrupted from the chinese b944 rom unsure why but serial number is now different tha what is on the box :(

Posted

check under the battery at the serial code there. It may be extremely unlikely but thats more likely to be a correct one if the other is wrong. Just try flashing the GB rom again

Posted

I tried everything im stuck unless someone else has figured it out looks like its gonna cost me for the repairs :(

Posted

Has anyone elses serial number ever got corrupted or am i just unlucky :P

Posted

How did it happen? How are you checking it? You looks a bit dodgy (/joke). Are you trying to clone someone's phone?

Posted (edited)

Im checking the serial number in the about phone it doesnt match the one on my box when i bought it or when i remove the back cover, i wanted to restore it to the original because it now corrupt i think ? do you know a different way to check the serial number >?

There's another post also in g300 where someones serial number has changed also from using roms.

I just want it back to my factory original like it should be.

@Paul what should the length of the serial number be btw ?

The one on my box is 16 digits long with a few letters and the one in my phone is 12 digits long with a few letters is that correct guess im paranoid lol

Edited by Aradalienz

Posted

Help, i have the same problem with serial number ???

Posted (edited)

My serial in About phone is also different than what is shown on the box but seems to be derived from the phones MAC code. Under the battery where it shows serial and imei it also shows MAC, and my serial is exactly that number but with 1 different digit on the end (i.e. MAC ends xxxxxxxC and serial show in About Phone ends xxxxxxB). I'm on CM10.1 though so it may differ from what stock shows.

Does anyone's serial shown in About phone match what is shown on the box & under the battery?

Edited by Cyda

Posted

The same problem by me. The serial on phone "about phone -status -serial number" doesn t match with the serial on the box (under the battery). I returned it to the stock as it was purchased. :(

It s that a software bug ?

Posted

The same problem at me.

Posted

Interesting maybe this is way Huawei responded back to me how I submitted wrong info about request to get bootloader code..will investigate..

Posted

How to get back real serial number?

Posted

Did you all sim unlock your phones by zeroing your imei number as this corrupts the serial number, not sure if there is a fix

Posted

The serial number in about phone is not the same as the one you see when you remove the battery. They are both called serial number, but they are different things.

Posted

I think number under battery is MAC, because is same like MAC adress in ROM, serial number is different...

Posted

Hehe, where you gonna find a virgin on this forum? I just checked mine, and what shows in

Settings -> About phone -> Status -> Serial number: is like others noted one less than the WiFi MAC, which happens to be the Bluetooth Mac. Nitpicks, the WLAN MAC is shown in lower case, Bluetooth in UPPER CASE, and Serial number with : colons removed. Altho' I'm running a stock factory ROM I got there by a roundabout route that included zeroing IMEI. FWIW the serial number & barcode on my box matches that under the battery, and a somewhat different format from a MAC add, and my IMEI restored to what shows on the box & under battery.