Serial number corrupted help!

Guest Aradalienz

Guest thepolodoc

I see, well Im not entirely sure how a serial number can become corrupt. Have you flashed any roms on it or rooted your phone then had a bit of a mess around?

Guest thepolodoc

check under the battery at the serial code there. It may be extremely unlikely but thats more likely to be a correct one if the other is wrong. Just try flashing the GB rom again

Guest Aradalienz

Im checking the serial number in the about phone it doesnt match the one on my box when i bought it or when i remove the back cover, i wanted to restore it to the original because it now corrupt i think ? do you know a different way to check the serial number >?

There's another post also in g300 where someones serial number has changed also from using roms.

I just want it back to my factory original like it should be.

@Paul what should the length of the serial number be btw ?

The one on my box is 16 digits long with a few letters and the one in my phone is 12 digits long with a few letters is that correct guess im paranoid lol

Edited by Aradalienz

• 3 months later...

My serial in About phone is also different than what is shown on the box but seems to be derived from the phones MAC code. Under the battery where it shows serial and imei it also shows MAC, and my serial is exactly that number but with 1 different digit on the end (i.e. MAC ends xxxxxxxC and serial show in About Phone ends xxxxxxB). I'm on CM10.1 though so it may differ from what stock shows.

Does anyone's serial shown in About phone match what is shown on the box & under the battery?

Edited by Cyda

• 1 month later...
Guest D@R123

The same problem by me. The serial on phone "about phone -status -serial number" doesn t match with the serial on the box (under the battery). I returned it to the stock as it was purchased. :(

It s that a software bug ?

Guest denzele

Interesting maybe this is way Huawei responded back to me how I submitted wrong info about request to get bootloader code..will investigate..

Guest jsevi83

The serial number in about phone is not the same as the one you see when you remove the battery. They are both called serial number, but they are different things.

Guest akarana

Hehe, where you gonna find a virgin on this forum? I just checked mine, and what shows in

Settings -> About phone -> Status -> Serial number: is like others noted one less than the WiFi MAC, which happens to be the Bluetooth Mac. Nitpicks, the WLAN MAC is shown in lower case, Bluetooth in UPPER CASE, and Serial number with : colons removed. Altho' I'm running a stock factory ROM I got there by a roundabout route that included zeroing IMEI. FWIW the serial number & barcode on my box matches that under the battery, and a somewhat different format from a MAC add, and my IMEI restored to what shows on the box & under battery.