[RECOVERY] [CWM] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.5 [CM] [Last updated: 21/12]

Guest Dazzozo

I know it won't help restore your backup but I just wanted to add that renaming the backup doesn't seem to cause an md5 problem. I have just restored from a renamed backup without an issue.

I'm hoping that Fagulhas will reply about this issue because a recovery needs to be reliable and we are seeing a few of these md5 issue appears in this thread.

Guest tcpaulh

I know it won't help restore your backup but I just wanted to add that renaming the backup doesn't seem to cause an md5 problem. I have just restored from a renamed backup without an issue.

I'm hoping that Fagulhas will reply about this issue because a recovery needs to be reliable and we are seeing a few of these md5 issue appears in this thread.

Good info. I'm sure it used to have a problem. Now I can rename my backups :)

Guest Dazzozo

Fagulhas is pretty busy nowadays. I'm thinking of releasing a completely stock CWM that works on 109808 and 2030 on the 3.0.8 kernel. Dunno if anyone would care :P

Guest dalyer

Talk elsewhere about sdcard formatting (e.g. using sd formatter 4 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ rather than, say, Windows) and the impact it has on performance got me thinking.... I've seen fairly involved tutorials about how to partition (not format) your sdcard to ensure that the partitions are suitably aligned with respect to the underlying flash medium for best performance and wear etc. but I was wondering ... does anybody know if I partition the card using CWM does IT take any special steps to do such partition alignment? I've seen at least one mention of a modded CWM that did this but I'm not sure if this is a general feature of CWM these days?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cryptoncore

im on 6.0.1.2 and i have read the forum posted earlier on how to install CWM, how can i do it? do i just download the .zip above and flash it in apply update.zip?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest george109

Hi Dazzozo and Fagulhas, I have just flashed this, and I think it is the best recovery for android by far, the nandroids are so much faster and the charging problem is fixed, and there are so many new options to fiddle with! :D.

Please can you decrease the touch screen swiping sensitivity slightly, I have often slid down the screen and accidentally gone to the right a bit to select an option or to go back by accident, which can be annoying sometimes, or even include an option to change it from 1 - 10?

Again, Thanks for the recovery!

George

Edited by george109

Guest george109

Is there an app to install this recovery img ??

Just download the zip and flash it in CWM like you would do with a ROM, and when it's done go advanced -> reboot recovery

Guest Gygoligac

i still dont get it...how should i install this cwm..i currently have 6.0.1.2 and i wanna upgrade to 6.0.2.7..and i`m on Dazz`s rom 4.2.2 R3..how should i do it?

Guest netmanmac
i still dont get it...how should i install this cwm..i currently have 6.0.1.2 and i wanna upgrade to 6.0.2.7..and i`m on Dazz`s rom 4.2.2 R3..how should i do it?

Just download zip and install via cwm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Aceion

I flashed it in CWM and now recovery can't even open, it sticks on Huawei logo. The android can boot normal and works normal but a recovery can't.

How can I fix this? Can I flash it again via some other method?

EDIT : I managed to install TWPR Recovery but I still can't install CWM, tried to flash it and it always stays on Huawei logo. Boot to Android is normal.

I've tried http://www.modaco.com/topic/359191-recovery-cwm-clockworkmod-recovery-v6027-touch-hybrid-cm-last-updated-1601/page__st__60#entry2055179 method but no luck

Edited by Aceion

Guest george109

One useful feature, would be a password to protect the recovery, as then nobody can use your phone if they factory reset it in recovery.

Guest Nimajneb

Hi guys! I just flashed this recovery after the downgrade to GB had installed CWM 5.x on my phone. Since I flashed this recovery it won't start anymore. The phone gets stuck at the huawei logo and after pressinf the power button it boots normally. Everything works fine execpt CWM which i can't access anymore.

Can anybody help me to flash a new CMW?

Cheers!