[RECOVERY] [CWM] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.5 [CM] [Last updated: 21/12]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

The old touch builds were handled by Fagulhas who added the functionality to the CWM source. He's been really busy the past few months and so the source hasn't been updated. This was really the only way I could update CWM, and honestly, in my opinion, simple is best. I don't need a whole touch interface to do a 2 minute job every month or so, and this is speaking from a user perspective from my Nexus 4.

Guest OmnioPT

The old touch builds were handled by Fagulhas who added the functionality to the CWM source. He's been really busy the past few months and so the source hasn't been updated. This was really the only way I could update CWM, and honestly, in my opinion, simple is best. I don't need a whole touch interface to do a 2 minute job every month or so, and this is speaking from a user perspective from my Nexus 4.

But tell me Dazzozo, with this CWM 6.0.3.7, I can flash any rom since GB do JB4.3 right?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

have we cwm touch for g300 guys ?

6.0.2.7 has touch and is still available via the link in the first post if that's any use? (But probably not if you want touch and CM 10.2?)

Guest vahit.lafci

6.0.2.7 has touch and is still available via the link in the first post if that's any use? (But probably not if you want touch and CM 10.2?)

no it isn't clockworkmod recovery touch. i flashed and still using volume and power buttons for using cwm recovery

Edited by vahit.lafci

I definitely had a 6.0.2.7 with touch capabilities taken from this thread a while back.

I was pretty sure that it was one of the 6.0.2.7 hybrid images.

I'd have to try them again later to check.

At the moment I have 6.0.3.7 installed.

Edited by dalyer

no it isn't clockworkmod recovery touch. i flashed and still using volume and power buttons for using cwm recovery

OK - I wasn't mistaken above. I just flashed this 

http://g300.thebronasium.com/recovery/ > recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4.zip

from the link below in the first post and it definitely is a touch version of CWM.

ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.3.7 for the Huawei Ascend G300

This is built alongside CyanogenMod 10.2 sources, and ensures compatibility with 4.3 based ROMs (due to addition of SELinux) and CyanogenMod OTAs. It also fixes a lot of the long standing issues with previous CWM builds.

• Better backup options
  • ADB sideload
  • Charge mode
  • Mass storage (mounts both cards)
  • Symlink errors and issues with system mounts fixed
  • Random reboots fixed
  • Supports ROMs using SELinux

Downloads

Previous versions are available here: http://g300.thebronasium.com/recovery/

Should there be an image file inside the 6.0.4.0 Zip download?

I thought there would just be an .exe file I could just click on to install via my PC connected to the phone. :unsure:

Edited by anglo

Guest viggen66

why with this update, the home button on the Huawei G300 doesn't work at all, changed to the power button, the previous versions, when you chose any option it was through the home button, is it possible to revert that?

Guest dalyer

Should there be an image file inside the 6.0.4.0 Zip download?

I thought there would just be an .exe file I could just click on to install via my PC connected to the phone. :unsure:

No.

The zip is for flashing via a CWM/TWRP recovery that is already installed.

The img file is for flashing from adb.

If you are not sure what you are doing read up a bit more on this stuff first. There is lots of info here and on other forums - some general and some G300 specific.

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

No.

The zip is for flashing via a CWM/TWRP recovery that is already installed.

The img file is for flashing from adb.

If you are not sure what you are doing read up a bit more on this stuff first. There is lots of info here and on other forums - some general and some G300 specific.

Hope this helps.

Thanks dalyer, it's been nearly a year since I last put a rom on my g300 so I'm a bit rusty.

I just seem to remember extracting all files (root, etc,.) to desktop and running from there via the Windows command prompt, with the phone connected.

Is this 6.0.4.0 version of CWM much better than the 6.0.1.2 I have on the phone at present?

I need to read up on TWRP tonight as I haven't a clue what it is. Presumably an altermative to CWM?

Guest dalyer

Thanks dalyer, it's been nearly a year since I last put a rom on my g300 so I'm a bit rusty.

I just seem to remember extracting all files (root, etc,.) to desktop and running from there via the Windows command prompt, with the phone connected.

Is this 6.0.4.0 version of CWM much better than the 6.0.1.2 I have on the phone at present?

I need to read up on TWRP tonight as I haven't a clue what it is. Presumably an altermative to CWM?

At least one of the tutorials (probably the "explained like you're 5" one) has a script for loading CWM via adb which might be what you are referring to?

Check the CWM changelog for changes between the two versions that you mention.

I'm actually using CWM 5 at the moment because I used the downgrade via recovery zip to downgrade my baseband etc. before installing superslim-v1 GB. I don't know what I'm missing but it works for me so far. :-)

I also like the 6.0.2.7 hybrid because it has touchscreen capabilities and just generally seems to make more sense to me than others (although I don't really know CWM inside out...): http://www.modaco.com/topic/359191-recovery-cwm-clockworkmod-recovery-v6040-cm-last-updated-0210/page-16#entry2160404

TWRP is another custom recovery:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359827-twrp-2630-official-for-u8815u8815nu8818-12092013/

At least one of the tutorials (probably the "explained like you're 5" one) has a script for loading CWM via adb which might be what you are referring to?

Check the CWM changelog for changes between the two versions that you mention.

I'm actually using CWM 5 at the moment because I used the downgrade via recovery zip to downgrade my baseband etc. before installing superslim-v1 GB. I don't know what I'm missing but it works for me so far. :-)

I also like the 6.0.2.7 hybrid because it has touchscreen capabilities and just generally seems to make more sense to me than others (although I don't really know CWM inside out...): http://www.modaco.com/topic/359191-recovery-cwm-clockworkmod-recovery-v6040-cm-last-updated-0210/page-16#entry2160404

TWRP is another custom recovery:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359827-twrp-2630-official-for-u8815u8815nu8818-12092013/

Thanks for your help & info.

First off, I might follow george109's steps to install the OEM bootloader unlock first before doing anything else as I've had a few random reboots for no apparent reason. Just waiting (up to) 3 days on Huawei replying to my 'unlock bootloader' password request.

I'll use the time to decide whether I really want to procede with it or just stick another Rom on the 300 as it is.

Guest dalyer

It can take several attempts to get the code from Huawei. See the tutorial thread. If the form doesn't work try email. Stick "urgent" in the subject and body. It may help,

I eventually got my code but never got around to doing the unlock. Instead I downgraded to the GB baseband/bootloader (http://www.modaco.com/topic/361310-downgrade-upgrade-from-recovery/) and installed GB superslim-v1 () which is running great so far.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Buffalo Soldier

Any idea why is my phone fully bricked after installing ''recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.7-u8815-20131018.zip'' from http://g300.thebronasium.com/octopus/ ???

I had recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4 before this. Just to say, it seems like my motherboard has died, I can't even power on the phone.   :angry2:   :(

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

Guest Tommy.35

Any idea why is my phone fully bricked after installing ''recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.7-u8815-20131018.zip'' from http://g300.thebronasium.com/octopus/ ???

I had recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4 before this. Just to say, it seems like my motherboard has died, I can't even power on the phone.   :angry2:   :(

Same as ME!! Very pissed off :( i hope for some fix...

Guest wards5150

I have the cwm recovery version that was pulled on my phone. Am I OK to leave it on or do u need to go back to the older one. Phone running well with 10.2 with the 3.4 Kernel. I have checked and I have the Samsung memory.