[RECOVERY] [CWM] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.5 [CM] [Last updated: 21/12]

Guest Dazzozo

As far as we know.

But as stated the problem is not really understood.

The suspicion is that Hynix eMMC based G300s may be inherently prone to spontaneous bricking and some firmware may accelerate their demise.

But nobody can say for sure that the same thing may not also happen to Samsung eMMC based G300s.

There is simply not enough data to go on.

So nobody can say for sure that you are safe just because you have Hynix eMMC.

The suspicion is that Samsung is better/safer than Hynix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Oscar10ag

Hi guys! A week ago I installed the oficial ROM of Huawei of Gingerbread because it has the open bootloader (I wanted unlock it from ICS but Huawei doesn't give me the code) and after rooting, I installed the last recovery (R8) to flash CM11.

The problem is that now I can't charge the phone off because the screen remains with Huawei logo and doesn't turn on; I have to open the phone and remove the battery.

How can I fix it? I want CM11 on my pone, so the recovery can't be changed, right?

Thanks so much and sorry for my bad English. :D

Guest murdok1691

Hi guys! A week ago I installed the oficial ROM of Huawei of Gingerbread because it has the open bootloader (I wanted unlock it from ICS but Huawei doesn't give me the code) and after rooting, I installed the last recovery (R8) to flash CM11.

The problem is that now I can't charge the phone off because the screen remains with Huawei logo and doesn't turn on; I have to open the phone and remove the battery.

How can I fix it? I want CM11 on my pone, so the recovery can't be changed, right?

Thanks so much and sorry for my bad English. :D

You need the 2030 baseband, so if you want to install CM11, first you need to update to the official ICS and then open the bootloader and all of that stuff. After that, you can install CM11.

Write to Huawei 2 or 3 email in a week asking for your code, they must respond.

See here for unlocking the bootloader officially:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/

This approach may work but if not you need to get the code from Huawei or else pay DC-Unlocker a small fee ($1?).

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/?p=2168479

Guest Oscar10ag

Unfortunately I've tried both, and none have worked for me.

Yesterday, after install CM11 and Google Apps from CWM R8, I installed the official bootloader ("Android system recovery <3e>") and, with it, I can charge the phone turned off, but, it also installs superuser and, as CM11 already has root, they conflict and I lose root access in ROM :(

I will keep waiting for Huawei answers my emails!!

Thank you very much for answering!! :)

Edited by Oscar10ag

Keep sending emails to Huawei until you get the bootloader unlock code.

It can take some persistence.

Stick "urgent" in the subject and body of the email and mark the email high priority - might be placebo but it might help! :-)

Make sure to provide all the info required correctly.

How did you install the stock recovery?

I don't understand how this would be installing superuser!?!

Anyway - if/when you get your bootloader unlock code you are going to have to install the stock ICS B952 update.app to do the unlocking and once the bootloader is unlocked you will need to root, install CWM/TWRP and then your custom ROM.

Hope this helps.

Guest Oscar10ag

Thanks for answering. Really, this community is awesome! :)

I followed the steps in this tutorial: http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=452810

And the answer to your question corresponds to these paragraphs:

“1.1 Descargamos este archivo: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/2b3622edd4/ y lo descomprimimos.

1.2 A continuación ponemos el teléfono en modo fastboot, para hacer esto apagamos el teléfono, retiramos la batería durante aproximadamente 10 segundos, volvemos a reinsertarla, y con el teléfono apagado pulsamos Vol- y Power a la vez durante 10 segundos y soltamos, se habrá quedado trabado en el logo. Ahora vamos a la carpeta anteriormente descomprimida y abrimos el archivo “install-superrecovery-windows.bat”, conectamos el cable al teléfono y en la terminal de Windows debería de poner dos veces la palabra “OKAY” en mayúsculas.”

Yeah, I know, I'm looking forward to it. I will send them an email everyday but from now, following your instructions!

Thank you very much again :D

Keep sending emails to Huawei until you get the bootloader unlock code.

It can take some persistence.

Stick "urgent" in the subject and body of the email and mark the email high priority - might be placebo but it might help! :-)

Make sure to provide all the info required correctly.

How did you install the stock recovery?

I don't understand how this would be installing superuser!?!

Anyway - if/when you get your bootloader unlock code you are going to have to install the stock ICS B952 update.app to do the unlocking and once the bootloader is unlocked you will need to root, install CWM/TWRP and then your custom ROM.

Hope this helps.

great recovery dazzozo, BUT I FOUND AN IMPORTANT ERROR,

WHEN WE INSTALL YOURS KK AND JB ROMS, IT GIVES AN ERROR, -5, WHICH IS CAUSED BY THE "asserts getprop" on the start on your's updater-script, which gives error in cwm.

i can only fix that by using twrp.

Correct that!

Don't you have to use special versions for KK (and some JB?) ROMs? 

Should be clarified in the ROM specific threads.

Bit rude to demand "correct that!" so abruptly! :-|

For KitKat use the last version: 6.0.4.5. That error appears if you use a old version..

R3 is design for ROMs with the 3.0.8 kernel. Above that is for 3.4 kernel...

If you are using a ROM with the old kernel, use the R3 and don't "demand" for fix this or that.

dazzozo is not building or updating things in Android ANYMORE (or, at least, for a while :) )

https://twitter.com/Dazzozo/status/421274131511128064

If i have "demands" like that all the time, i also lose the interest in build something...

For KitKat use the last version: 6.0.4.5. That error appears if you use a old version..

R3 is design for ROMs with the 3.0.8 kernel. Above that is for 3.4 kernel...

If you are using a ROM with the old kernel, use the R3 and don't "demand" for fix this or that.

(...)

CM 9/10 are 3.0.8 kernel. So, for that, you need of use the "R3".

For CM 11 use the "R8".

Guest truman8

Hello, 

It seems I have a problem wth CWM, because everytime I reboot I get the dead android with red exclamation sign, the custom recovery I think. The phone is rooted and today I had applied the bootloader unlock code. :ph34r:

You mean this (apologies for the size)?

AndroidRedTriangle.jpeg

Not sure why that is.

Did you check that the CWM zip was intact before flashing it? If there's no MD5 or similar checksum then at least open it in 7Zip or the like to check that it's a valid zip.

You might want to try flashing stock B952 update.app again and then starting from scratch - bootloader unlock, root, CWM, custom ROM?

Or maybe try flashing CWM again - but this time using the img file (not zip file) via ADB. This method is documented somewhere on the forum so search for it.

Edited by dalyer