[RECOVERY] [CWM] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.5 [CM] [Last updated: 21/12]

Guest Dazzozo

Any idea how to find out which app it might be? I've gotten the error since v4 and it's made me not really trust my backups.

For me it was ram manager installed as a apk. Id look at side loaded apks

There seems to be a bug or something odd going on with this while flashing zips. After updating to CM9 R2 I tried to re-flash my Link2Int mod and the log said that it failed because it looked like /system wasn't mounted. Tried it again and the same thing so I rebooted recovery unmounted /system and then mounted it again, after this I flashed the zip again and it worked fine.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the updater-script because it works fine in other CWM versions, although I there could be some changes in this new version that I'm not aware of.

Edit: doh! If I actually read the whole thread I would see that you are aware of this...

Probably the device bug with system mounting. Toggle the system mount first, I think the best way of hacking around it is still being worked on.

Edited by Cyda

I'm not sure what you mean.. but it doesn't make a difference if I just let the phone startup and land in recovery or if I hold vol+ during startup.

well for me, I got two diff cwm's, because 1 was in the recovery partition and the other in the device boot partition. If you flash a diff version you'll see what I mean. Tho I guess something serious did for one of yours.

Guest andy.hyde4

i have a big problem with this if i reboot it will boot into recovery so if i press reboot system it will go into recovery or if i take the battery out it will boot into recovery. its not a problem with the device as i reflashed twrp and it booted up correctly?

Guest Fagulhas

i have a big problem with this if i reboot it will boot into recovery so if i press reboot system it will go into recovery or if i take the battery out it will boot into recovery. its not a problem with the device as i reflashed twrp and it booted up correctly?

Make sure you are using the latest release (R2 at this moment)

Grmn already got his issue sorted via IRC. Working on some changes, expect another release sooner or later.

Yes, I should have cleared that up here as well.

Reflashing CWM or the ROM didn't fix my problem so Fagulhas suggested I try another recovery. I flashed Sebastian404s CWM4 which solved the issue. I could then flash the new CWM6 from there and everything is fine now.

It's unclear what caused the issue though.

Happy now :)

Guest terry.n

For me it was ram manager installed as a apk. Id look at side loaded apks

thanks much - I took the shotgun approach and reinstalled pretty much everything. Error is gone now.

Guest PaulMilbank

I still have not managed to get through a full backup with this recovery, it just gets most of the way through and reboots. I end up with a 30MB backup. What logs do you need to diagnose this?

*EDIT* sorry seems to be a known issue with backing up to SD card, will try internal backup and see how I go.

Edited by PaulMilbank

Guest Fagulhas

Does this recovery backup/restore the 2GB internal storage (/dev/block/mmcblk0p19) during a nandroid backup?

Why would we want to backup the internal partition? It never gets erased as far as i'm concerned plus its easy to backup with mass storage?

So far the only major issue we have is the odd crash when using mostly the sdcard, this is due to another fix we made that corrected the legendary symlink error status 7, something that is not happening so far with these releases. This was achieved by disabling some binaries that managed the sdcard, something i would like to revisit for the next release. Hopefully after that, all our major issues are gone.

Edited by Fagulhas

Why would we want to backup the internal partition? It never gets erased as far as i'm concerned plus its easy to backup with mass storage?

All other versions of CWM for the G300 backup the internal storage, just asking if this did also. It is useful when using that partition for apps storage amongst other things.

Guest Fagulhas

All other versions of CWM for the G300 backup the internal storage, just asking if this did also. It is useful when using that partition for apps storage amongst other things.

I do think the recovery backups /sdcard/.android_secure right? thats the apps data? its not hard to add support for /emmc/.android_secure if its what you are looking for, would require us to fork CWM to make custom changes but it is possible.

Does this recovery backup/restore the 2GB internal storage (/dev/block/mmcblk0p19) during a nandroid backup?

Yes it does

When you flash a new rom it deletes it internal storage

Edit sorry was talking about v5 cwm

Edited by b4da55

Yes it does

When you flash a new rom it deletes it internal storage

Not according to Fagulhas it doesn't.

I do think the recovery backups /sdcard/.android_secure right? thats the apps data? its not hard to add support for /emmc/.android_secure if its what you are looking for, would require us to fork CWM to make custom changes but it is possible.

Yeah, I don't mean .android_secure, I meant the whole partition in the same way as the /data partition is backed-up. In previous CWM versions the emmc partition is mounted as /datadata and treated exactly like a second data partition. It's not big deal, I'll use v5 and do manual install of CM.

Edited by Cyda