[RECOVERY] [CWM] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.5 [CM] [Last updated: 21/12]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest tosattam

As I don't have a G300, I'm not completely sure where the driver is. Try a stickied guide.

You shouldn't need an API, just platform tools which should have it's own tick box.

Yes. I am referring to that. Rename it to something shorter (like recovery.img - it's just nicer to type in cmd).

Hi Thank you very much . Platform tools are showing installed in SDK manager and under my computer>device Manager>Android Phone> Android Composite ADB interface>properties>general it says "This device is working properly." I believe that sorts the ADB thing out.

One last thing, sorry to be such a pain

Firstly make sure you have the adb drivers installed.

You need the android SDK with platform tools (you download by using sdkmanager.exe).

When you have got these, put the recovery IMG in the android-sdk-windows/platform-tools dir. Open up a cmd, cd to the platform-tools folder and do...

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery.IMG

I understand that I do all the above, I must be connected to the PC with USB, but should the be on or off and should the mobile be on or off? if on then should the debugging mode be on or off.

Thanks in advance.

Guest razzmataz1478

Hi Thank you very much . Platform tools are showing installed in SDK manager and under my computer>device Manager>Android Phone> Android Composite ADB interface>properties>general it says "This device is working properly." I believe that sorts the ADB thing out.

One last thing, sorry to be such a pain

I understand that I do all the above, I must be connected to the PC with USB, but should the be on or off and should the mobile be on or off? if on then should the debugging mode be on or off.

Thanks in advance.

The phone needs to be on in USB Debugging mode, connected to the computer.

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest tosattam

The phone needs to be on in USB Debugging mode, connected to the computer.

This is what happens :(

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]

Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\bheegi>adb reboot bootloader

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\bheegi>cd C:\Users\bheegi\Mobile\adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\platform-tools

C:\Users\bheegi\Mobile\adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\platform-tools>adb reboot boot loader

C:\Users\bheegi\Mobile\adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash Daz_cwm_mod.img

< waiting for device >

The fon getting re started once in the process Thats all, nothing else.

Guest razzmataz1478

This is what happens :(

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]

Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\bheegi>adb reboot bootloader

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\bheegi>cd C:\Users\bheegi\Mobile\adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\platform-tools

C:\Users\bheegi\Mobile\adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\platform-tools>adb reboot boot loader

C:\Users\bheegi\Mobile\adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash Daz_cwm_mod.img

< waiting for device >

The fon getting re started once in the process Thats all, nothing else.

While in boot loader mode go to device manager and see what it says you might need to install a driver again.

Guest Fagulhas

Turn the phone off, wait a few seconds, turn the phone on in fastboot mode (volume down and power pressed at same time for at least 10 seconds), phone will only show the huawei logo and will stop there.

Connect your cable, open cmd on your pc (assuming you have windows), go to your sdk folder (make sure the recovery image is also there) and type:

fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery_file.img

Once the process is completed type fastboot reboot

Guest mr_mufy

HI.

I have Hybrid touch 6.0.2.1 installed, and i liked, it's very cool.

TKs for this.

But when I need to backup all my data i can't recover all, because i use the internal Storage like System data.

And the backup can't read that partition.

It's any think i can do to workaround this?

Guest Fagulhas

HI.

I have Hybrid touch 6.0.2.1 installed, and i liked, it's very cool.

TKs for this.

But when I need to backup all my data i can't recover all, because i use the internal Storage like System data.

And the backup can't read that partition.

It's any think i can do to workaround this?

The next version will have several new options, including one to backup the internal partition.

I've tried putting both on my sd card and tried to update but get a e:signature verification failure notification. Does anyone know what causes this issue/

Guest Fagulhas

I've tried putting both on my sd card and tried to update but get a e:signature verification failure notification. Does anyone know what causes this issue/

Read a few pages behind, there's an post explaining how to install it.

Thanks for the update, some great new features.

Is there any trick to getting this version to backup internal storage? I've been to Extras and enabled the option but it always says 'backup of internal storage disabled. skipping.'.

Here's a poor pic of the messages...

post-923750-0-21537500-1358287654_thumb.

Guest Fagulhas

Thanks for the update, some great new features.

Is there any trick to getting this version to backup internal storage? I've been to Extras and enabled the option but it always says 'backup of internal storage disabled. skipping.'.

Here's a poor pic of the messages...

post-923750-0-21537500-1358287654_thumb.

Odd, its working fine on my local build, maybe i forgot to push something to the repos, hold on ;)

Edit: Pushed all the stuff, tested and working here, re-release should happen in a few minutes. If for some reason it still doesn't work for you, i'm gonna ask you to a few things ;)

Also fixed the backup order so folks that backup emmc don't end up backing up the current nandroid thats taking place.

Edit2: My internal build until its on the OP - http://db.tt/yGhjkgxX

Edited by Fagulhas

Odd, its working fine on my local build, maybe i forgot to push something to the repos, hold on ;)

Edit: Pushed all the stuff, tested and working here, re-release should happen in a few minutes. If for some reason it still doesn't work for you, i'm gonna ask you to a few things ;)

Also fixed the backup order so folks that backup emmc don't end up backing up the current nandroid thats taking place.

Edit2: My internal build until its on the OP - http://db.tt/yGhjkgxX

Same problem with that build except the 'backup of internal storage disabled. Skipping' message is now at the top of the log instead of the end. Tried it twice with the same result. Let me know what info you need.

Is it working for anyone else or just failing for me?

Edit: Also, are the 'toggle' options in the Extras menu actually meant to toggle the setting on & off? Because when I use any of them they just enable the setttings and if you use the again you still get the same enabled message, they don't toggle to disabled.

Edited by Cyda

Guest Fagulhas

Same problem with that build except the 'backup of internal storage disabled. Skipping' message is now at the top of the log instead of the end. Tried it twice with the same result. Let me know what info you need.

Is it working for anyone else or just failing for me?

Edit: Also, are the 'toggle' options in the Extras menu actually meant to toggle the setting on & off? Because when I use any of them they just enable the setttings and if you use the again you still get the same enabled message, they don't toggle to disabled.

Yeah they are, each option when enable writes a small file to /emmc/clockworkmod/. Can you check if you have that folder in your internal storage and some of those files? They should be hidden by default. ".backup_internal" or ".restore_internal" is one of them.

You can also enable/disable the option and then go Advanced Options -> Show log and post the results here.

Edited by Fagulhas

Guest wouterbeer

I have the same issue concerning toggling on/off; it seems to only want to toggle it 'on'. (with newest build R4)

Also I found another glitch; when going to delete an old backup, nothing happens. So built-in delete function is not working (for me).

Nevertheless really appreciate your work, keep on the good work Fagulhas!

I've just looked at the log after selecting the 'toggle enable internal storage' option and it gave the error that the file/folder doesn't exist. I checked the internal storage and there was no clockworkmod folder so I created one manually, tried another backup and it seemed to work fine. After creating the folder manually the toggle function also works. Seems the problem is the folder not being created.

I don't mean to criticise the great work you are doing but wouldn't it be better to store the .backup_internal file etc in the /sdcard/clockworkmod folder with the .default_backup_format file?

I also checked the delete from external sd function and strangely it works fine here.

Edit: Just doing a bit of testing with this and thought I'd test a full restore. So I format /system, /cache, /data and /emmc before restoring the backup (as a way to make sure everything works)... and thats when I realise that I just wiped the preferences from the /emmc partition and can't enable 'restore internal storage' because the clockworkmod folder doesn't exist. I had to do a restore without internal storage and then boot up, create the /emmc/clockworkmod folder and then go back to recovery and then restore the /emmc partition. On the plus side, the restore worked fine. :P

Edited by Cyda

Guest Fagulhas

I've just looked at the log after selecting the 'toggle enable internal storage' option and it gave the error that the file/folder doesn't exist. I checked the internal storage and there was no clockworkmod folder so I created one manually, tried another backup and it seemed to work fine. After creating the folder manually the toggle function also works. Seems the problem is the folder not being created.

I don't mean to criticise the great work you are doing but wouldn't it be better to store the .backup_internal file etc in the /sdcard/clockworkmod folder with the .default_backup_format file?

I also checked the delete from external sd function and strangely it works fine here.

Edit: Just doing a bit of testing with this and thought I'd test a full restore. So I format /system, /cache, /data and /emmc before restoring the backup (as a way to make sure everything works)... and thats when I realise that I just wiped the preferences from the /emmc partition and can't enable 'restore internal storage' because the clockworkmod folder doesn't exist. I had to do a restore without internal storage and then boot up, create the /emmc/clockworkmod folder and then go back to recovery and then restore the /emmc partition. On the plus side, the restore worked fine. :P

Thats how originally i was planning to do, store all the preferences at /sdcard BUT that means users with no external sd card were not gonna be able to activate them either. Never occurred to me we could have a problem with the folder not being created, thats why it was failing for all of you and not for me. Cheers for the debugging.

I may just end up choosing another partition for the option files that most don't touch (/cust) if more issues appear.

that means users with no external sd card were not gonna be able to activate them either.

I might be missing something but isn't that actually a good thing? I mean why would a user with no sdcard need to backup/restore the internal_sd with cwm? And given that they could enable this feature how well is cwm going to handle backing up the internal_sd partition to itself?

Edited by Cyda

Guest Fagulhas

I might be missing something but isn't that actually a good thing? I mean why would a user with no sdcard need to backup/restore the internal_sd with cwm? And given that they could enable this feature how well is cwm going to handle backing up the internal_sd partition to itself?

The same applies to all the other options Cyda, not just for the emmc backup toggle. All the extra options work by reading the files created by each and activates the code in question. Once they are removed, the options are disabled.